Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 14, 2015



Happy 31st Birthday, Uncle Mark!

I’d say that his big day was fairly happy too.  Aunt Grace started out his day by giving him a fairly large gift – a new, shiny black crossover with room for six that will not only come in handy for their family; but work pretty well for handling small-town emergency calls for one of our doctors too.

That’s quite a bit nicer than the gift that Michael and I picked out for him; but then we were thinking along the lines of decorations for his new office at the time – and new trucks, minivans, or whatever you actually consider a crossover to be wasn’t in our birthday budget this year.

My only involvement in Uncle Mark’s birthday was a bit of pre-dinner work and then I was there for maybe the first half of the meal before I needed to meet up with Rowen and get to our baseball practice.  I’m glad that didn’t get rained out because that also meant that Uncle Mark’s dinner and mini-party could be outdoors; but missing some of the best parts of the evening fun was tough.  Our ball practice went fairly well, and we did have fun too; but not birthday roasts and Olde Bakery birthday cakes kind of fun.

Okay, Mom and Dad brought cake home for me after the party, so I got in on that anyway; but you know what I mean.

I’ve skipped past the morning and school parts of my day, but Tai Chi was indoors thanks to some early-morning rain, but that cleared out by the time we got started on an uneventful day of classes.  Our lunch break was entertaining enough with some co-ed football and a side of girl chat time when Rowen and I weren’t playing with our boys; but that’s about all of the news from our time at school.  The same can be said for my evening and late night action – except for the short chat I had with Mom, Dad, and the twins once we were all home again either from the party or practice and my Magi lesson with Mom.

The rest of my night has been filled with the usual work and studying from the time I helped with tucking Ethan and Ehlana in for the night until now.  That’s covering more than five hours of nearly non-stop computing, and some of that was even fun too; but now I’m totally cooked and ready for some downtime.  We’ve got one day left to the weekend, and I’m looking forward to the impending arrival of my favorite collegians over the next few days, but we also have lots of work to do too; and I’ll be doing what I can to help Mom and Dad out with getting ready for the holiday weekend – especially since Dad needs to get ready for his week in the city too.

Now I really want to get started on what nap time I have left before it’ll be time to gut up and going again; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!