Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 19, 2015



I need to make this a fairly quick update and then get to my nap time; since this has been a very long, busy day!

It’s been chilly today compared to the hot weather we’ve had lately; and we’re getting a lot of rain right now as I’m writing this update.  The rain didn’t even start until we were heading home from Crystal Springs tonight; and it was just a dusting here and there until after we were safely home and had our things in the house.

Tai Chi by the river was chilly too; but the rest of my school day was fairly uneventful.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I are, as always, way ahead on the final projects and assignments in every class; so we have lots of time in the classes when our teachers allow us to work on them.  We spent part of our lunch break outdoors, but ate in the cafeteria; and it felt strange to need jackets or sweaters to be outside without feeling cold.

Rebecca and I needed to hurry home as soon as we were set free for the day, and while Michael and Rowen went to our last band practice before the holiday weekend; I had a few minutes to freshen up and then we loaded up into the minivan; collected Rebecca once she was ready too; and hit the road for the city.  While we had some chat time with Mom and the twins too, Rebecca and I worked on our homework on the trip to Crystal Springs.  She sat up front with Mom and I was on the back bench because that was easier than switching one or both of the car seats.

By the way, just as an aside, Rebecca was using her phone a fair bit while we traveled; and that reminded me that I rarely do use mine for much more than occasionally checking something on the internet if I have it with me and a computer isn’t conveniently nearby.  Sure, she has more friends that use their phones all of the time too; but I’d rather spend time with my friends instead of texting them.  I definitely can’t relate to the urge to send selfies or most of the other latest teen Smartphone trends.

Getting back to the story, though, we went straight to the dress shop first, and after checking in with Miranda, Mom left Rebecca and me there and went on to Wal-Mart to do a supply shopping run while she was in the city anyway.  The Moms and older girls had already picked out all of the bridal party gowns by then, and most were already fitted for them too; so all Rebecca and I needed to do was get fitted for ours.  Since the wedding is still just over two months away, Miranda had the women helping us all a bit of room to grow – though that was more for me than for Rebecca; since I’m still growing a couple of inches a year right now.  We’ll have another fitting when the gowns are ready; and make any alterations then if needed.

I guess the only news that’s important for the dress fitting part of my day is that Stephanie’s wedding dress is stunning, and thanks to the gowns that were picked out for us; Lucas and Michael are going to be floored when they take us to the wedding in August!

The timing at the dress shop worked out for everyone, so when we finished there; we headed for the restaurant that Angela helped to pick out for us; and we met up with Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, Dad, and the Malloys to have dinner together – though we were also a several tables too.  Rebecca stayed with the other girls and Moms; and Ethan, Ehlana, and I got to spend the time with Mom, Dad, and the Malloys.  We ended up being there for nearly two hours, and then it was time to head for home.  Rebecca was with us again for that; and we ended up being home first because Miranda had to do a few drop-offs while Violet and Stephanie met up with their boys at Dillon’s house.

Michael came over to spend a bit of time with me, so Mom did a Magi lesson with both of us; we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed; and then we had a micro make-out session in the lounge before he needed to head home and I needed to get started on my work.  That’s what I’ve been doing since then; and the study and work details aren’t important – at least compared to my need to get some sleep.  With all of the rain coming down, I should be out for the count in minutes; so I’m going to get right to that now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!