Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 17, 2015



This has been a really good day, but also very busy; and I’ve done a lot of work.  Dad will be leaving for the city in a couple of hours, and I want to be awake to see him off; so this is going to be a very short update.

Tai Chi by the river; breakfast with the Michael and his family; and church were all helped with making my day so amazing.  I especially loved getting to spend time with Jake and Stephanie; and we’re all really glad that they’re home for the summer – or at least until the wedding before they’ll be off on their honeymoon and European college adventures for the next year.

Dad’s needed to work most of the day to get ready for his week in the city; so I helped out at the Inn most of the day too.  I went there with Michael and Rebecca after church; we were kept busy during the lunch rush; and then Michael and I had homework to do during our afternoon break.  We did that while sitting by the river behind the Inn, and enjoyed the nice weather while we could; but then it was back to the kitchen and another crazy-busy buffet shift.  For that, I worked through until the start of the late buffet; and then I went to have dinner with my family – and with Violet and Dillon.

They’d gotten in from Woodvale in time to drop off their luggage at two houses and have short visits with both families; and then they all came to the Inn so that they could have that time together without the cooking and cleaning.  I got to spend a bit of time with Violet and Dillon, but didn’t sit at the same table with them; since they were with the ‘parents’ for that.  Mom and Dad were surrogate parents for Violet; while Dillon’s parents, Isabelle, and Andrew rounded out the group at their table.

While going home after that had been an option, Violet and Dillon were going to be spending the night at his house anyway; so I stayed and helped out with the cleanup at the Inn and then walked home with Michael and his family.  I needed to go on to my own home instead of staying to hang out for a while; so Michael and I kept the goodnight hugs and kisses short so that I could get on with the rest of my usual Sunday night studies and work.

All of that, including the Magi lesson; bedtime fun with Ethan and Ehlana, and my language studies, archive reading, and family business work kept me busy for more than four hours; which is why I’m not going to drag this out with the boring details and get started on my nap time instead.  We have a lot going on over the next week as we head into the holiday, but I’ll save that look ahead for tomorrow too, so that’s it for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!