Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 20, 2015



The overnight rain ended by the time I went to school this morning; but it did wash out our Tai Chi so that we did that indoors today.

I’ve been fairly busy since then, but let’s keep this update to the basics so that I can get to sleep.  It isn’t that late yet, but I’m not getting my usual early work night bedtime either; and need to catch up on as much sleep as I can before the holiday weekend.

For here at home, the most important news is that Violet is home!  Yes, she’s been in town since Sunday night; but she’s staying here with us again tonight.  Maybe she wants to make her room here look lived in before her parents get here on Friday; but it could also be that it’s just a bit more crowded at Dillon’s house and she was ready to have the extra space after a semester of dorm life.

Which, by the way, they won’t have next year.  I’ll cover that story once they’ve worked out where they will be living; but it is certain that they’ll be getting a place together for the last three years of their college adventure.

Since the rain ended early today, Mom’s baseball practice was on tonight; so we had to juggle that into the usual Wednesday night schedule.  I helped out around the house after school as well as getting my homework finished and my family business work started.  That did mean using a bit of Magi power to keep all of that going on at the same time; but Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I had fun doing that – and got a fair bit done by the time we stopped for an easy dinner.  Mom cooked because she was doing other holiday weekend prep work in the kitchen anyway; but I cleaned up with supervisory help from the twins while she got ready for her ball practice.

Violet and Dillon came over to the park too, and Dillon was drafted to take Dad’s place on the team for the evening while Violet mostly played with Ethan, Ehlana, and me.  I could have skipped the practice, but Ethan and Ehlana really wanted to test out the new playground equipment; and Violet and I had fun helping them out with doing that.  We had Naomi and Aiden with us most of the time too; along with lots of other kids and teens that were also all there to have fun in the new playground; and I’m glad that I did that instead of staying home and working in the office – even if that did mean losing out on a couple of hours of sleep.

After we got home, it was definitely time to get to work again, and Mom not only did my Magi lesson with me; but also got back to working with Violet while Ethan and Ehlana spent a couple of hours working on their college assignments.  Mom and Violet did some work to get ready for Violet’s unofficial summer job too; and I did all of my family business work while they were doing that just to have the extra hang-out time with them.  Violet and I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed after that while Mom wrapped up everything she had on the go before heading for her room and some quality Jacuzzi them; and then we had some girl chat time in my room before Violet borrowed my Jacuzzi for some tub time too before heading for bed.

I did my language studying while she was in the tub; followed that up with my archive homework once she’d gone on to her own room; and just finished one last email and computer check before starting in on this update.  It’s a bit after one, so that’s an early night compared to the rest of the week so far; but I’m also running out of steam again and need to recharge.  Tomorrow is going to be a long day too, and I’ll be working late again before taking the weekend off; so that’s all I have for now.  The down time really is my top priority; and I’m going to get right to that right now!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!