Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, May 22, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 21, 2015



Happy 2nd Birthday, Kendra!

We seem to be having a lot of birthdays lately for my younger cousins’ little friends, and though I’m not involved in those celebrations; I’ll keep mentioning them in my reports because I expect to see at least some of those kids fairly regularly once Zack, Leah, Sebastian, and Caleb all get older and want to have their friends around – just as Ethan and Ehlana do now.

My day hasn’t been party-level exciting; but I have had a pretty good day.  We kept busy at school, and while that wasn’t non-stop fun and games; I did enjoy doing that work with my friends.  After school, Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I did our studying at the computer store; I came home after that; and then helped Mom in the kitchen until we stopped for dinner while having a nice chat with her – and with Ethan and Ehlana.  Violet and Dillon had dinner with us; and they stayed to hang out with Mom while I went to my ball practice with Rowen.  We had a pretty good practice, and I like our chances this season.  The first matches of the season begin the weekend after the holiday; and I’m looking forward to getting out there and playing some games!

Mom had to go to game night tonight because Miranda was counting on her to help with winning another game night championship.  Violet and Dillon went along to hang out with Jake and Stephanie; and Ethan and Ehlana had to go along for the adventure.  I could have gone there after my practice, but Michael came over to the school after he was finished at the Inn; and we opted to come back to my house instead.  I’m sure that you’re all totally shocked to discover that we picked having the house to ourselves and some quality make-out time over hanging out at the Inn when we’d be too late to join in on the gaming in progress anyway; but try to get over that.  Even Magi teens are fairly normal when it comes to that kind of thing – even if we can do things that other teens can’t thanks to our special abilities.

That play time with Michael was definitely the highlight of my day – and helped to keep me smiling and happy while doing all of the work and studying that followed after he went home.  Michael didn’t leave until after we’d had a visit with our gamers once they got home, but we only talked for a half-hour or so before he left and Mom got started on my Magi lesson.  Violet and Dillon hung out with Ethan and Ehlana while we did that; and they took care of getting them off to bed after that while I was sent up to my room then too.

My work and studies weren’t so exciting that I want to spend more time writing all about that part of my day; so let’s not and move along.

Dillon’s still here and obviously spending the night; so we’ll have at least one extra for breakfast.  They may not have completely decided how they’re going to handle sleeping arrangements this summer; but I’m sure that this sleepover has everything to do with the fact that they likely won’t be doing any co-ed sleepover this weekend while Violet’s family is here with us.

I’ll keep you posted on how that works out, but let’s wrap up this report with a look ahead to the weekend.

As I’ve already just mentioned, the Rice family will be here this weekend, and they’ll stay with us.  The McEwans are going to be here too; and they’ll be with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack.  Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and Caleb will be away and spending the weekend with the other side of Aunt Grace’s family; and the rest of the Johnson family is doing the away family weekend thing too.  Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah won’t be away for the weekend too; but that’s mostly because they needed to choose between going to visit her family and spending the weekend here with his – and the members of her family that will be – or are- here instead.

We have a lot of fun planned for the weekend, but we’ll see how that works out because the weather forecast is not great for the entire weekend – including tomorrow.  I’ll keep you posted on that too, but while we’ll find ways to have fun regardless of the weather; I really hope that we won’t’ have to cancel any of the fun plans – like the trip to Quarry Lake to check out the rock wall, zip line, and all of the rest of the sun and fun activities there.

I’ll want to help out at the Inn a bit too; but will probably only do that for the Sunday buffets; but I want to spend lots of time with Dawn this weekend too.  Michael’s going to be busy at the Inn anyway; so I should be able to hang out with Dawn a lot anytime he’s busy.  Though I missed our practices this week, I’m ready for the church service on Sunday and the songs the band will be playing in the parade on Monday.  Mom had some more work to do tomorrow to finish up with getting ready for the weekend – and the Memorial Day picnic; but she doesn’t expect to need any help with that from me tomorrow night.

It’s been another late night, but I’m done for the weekend, and after getting to have that alone time with Michael; I’m totally okay with just having a nap before getting up again and started on our last day of the work and school week.  I do need to get to that soon, though, or just stay up all night, so I’m going to do that; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!