Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 18, 2015



This has been a very busy day!

Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and I were all up early to see Dad off on his trip to Crystal Springs.  We had a group nap after that while he was busy; and then we were up and going again in time for Tai Chi by the river.  Breakfast for four was quick and easy; and then it was time for us to get ready for our work or school day.

We still have a few weeks to go before final exams start, but we started wrapping up the final study modules for our classes this week.  Projects and major assignments will be due over the next couple of weeks; and we’ll be in full-review mode after the holiday weekend.  Those facts are waking some of our fellow students up to the reality that is the end of school year work crunch; though it’ll likely be another week or two before the least-prepared among us start to panic.

Michael, Rowen, and I are not having any of those problems; and Tim assures us that his only problem is that we’re no fun and want to make him start studying for exams with us instead of having fun and goofing off like we’re supposed to until the weekend before exams.  He’s just joking about that, since he really has been happy with the fact that his parents are impressed with his marks pretty much since he started dating Rowen; but the entertainment is fun for all of us.

While classwork and early exam studying was a big part of my day; I’d really rather write about the more interesting things going on around here – even though my involvement in any of it was minimal at best.

First up, the park playground is pretty much finished now.  The bits of work left to do are mostly clean-up and finishing touches; and Ethan and Ehlana have given it their twin seal of approval!  It will definitely be a hit for the holiday weekend with all of the visiting kids.  The new park trail is great too; though that’ll be amazing once the entire trail project is finished over the next few years.  Also on the fun front, Quarry Lake is ready for the holiday weekend with the major fun additions of the rock wall and zip line.  There are new water slides and other minor additions; but it’ll definitely be the rock wall and zip line that’ll have the campground filled this summer.  We’ve heard that they expect to have most of the campground sites sold out except for the section that they keep for overnight or weekend campers.

Back here in town, our newest store opened today.  Old Mill Antiques will fit right in with the Art Gallery and Museum; and will showcase local restoration talent along with pieces that are unique to the region.  They’ll carry a wider variety than that; though that will, obviously, depend on the antiques that they can acquire too.  As I’ve mentioned before, that won’t be a store I’ll be buying much from anytime soon; but I guess there could be some little gift opportunities there for my favorite adults and antique lovers.  I’ll keep you posted on that.

With Dad in the city, I want to be around to help Mom as much as I can even with everything else I have on the go this week; so we did our after-school studying at my house; and Rowen and I took care of dinner for seven; after Mom invited Michael, Tim, and Rowen to join us.  That wasn’t anything major – just burgers, hotdogs, and a couple of salads; but she was happy to have us do the work before and after dinner so that she didn’t have that to deal with on top of the rest of her work.

Michael and Tim needed to eat and run to get to their baseball practice, so Rowen and I cleaned up; and then we took Ethan and Ehlana to the school to catch the rest of their practice and have some play time at the school playground.  Rowen and Tim went on to his house from there for the rest of the evening; Michael and I took Ethan and Ehlana home; and then we went over to his house to spend some time with his family – and catch part of the wedding plans meeting that the Stones and Wingboroughs were having with Jake and Stephanie.

I won’t get into all of that now, but there is one, imminent wedding-related activity happening tomorrow that is going to change up my usual schedule.  The dress fittings are tomorrow in Crystal Springs; and while Miranda, Samantha, Stephanie, Violet, and Lynn Jennings are heading for the city earlier in the day; Rebecca and I will be joining them at the dress shop whenever we can get there after school.  My mother is taking us there; we’ll bring Ethan and Ehlana along; and they’re still working out the dinner plans that will include Dad and the Malloys; but might not have all of us together.

My visit at Michael’s house didn’t wrap up until nearly eleven; and I’ve had a lot to get done since then.  Mom and I got Ethan and Ehlana to bed shortly after I got home; since they’d stayed up and worked on their college classes; and then we did my Magi lesson in my room.  Mom went to enjoy some Jacuzzi time after that; and I got to work on my studies and family business job.  That was more than three hours ago, and I really need to get some sleep now; so I won’t spend a lot of time writing about all of that action.  I am getting close to wrapping up my language studies for the summer, so that’s good; and my family business operations are really doing great this year so far.  That’s saying a lot considering the challenges we’re dealing with this year; but I won’t go on about that since Mom and Aunt Leanne are doing even better than I am as we close in on the half-way point in the year.

If you’re interested in all of that, there are other archive resources available with the boring details if you have the clearance, but I’ve had enough fun for today and need to be ready for an even more exciting day tomorrow; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!