Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cassie's Journal - May 16, 2015



We managed to successfully complete our first camping by the river adventure without getting rained on; and had a great start to our day with that; Tai Chi; and an outdoor breakfast before it was time to pack up our tents and gear, and get to work for the day.

That meant yard work for me; and Dad and I were busy with that pretty much through until we stopped for a late dinner with about half of our home-town family.  I won’t bore you with those details, since it really was all work with just a bit of fun mixed in here and there; but there were some cameo moments and a bit of entertainment too.

Ethan and Ehlana spent part of the day with Grandma and Grandpa at their house, and while they helped out with the gardening there; Grandma wouldn’t let them help as much as they would have if she’d let them make her gardens ‘self-weeding’ as they’d suggested.  Grandpa loved the idea; but couldn’t come up with a viable answer for how he’d explain the fact that their gardens never needed to be weeded anymore.

When you think about that, the funny part should be that they didn’t think that the offer was impossible; but I digress.

I didn’t get to spend much time with Jake and Stephanie when they got home late this afternoon; but I did take a break when they were dropping Jake’s luggage off at home so that I could welcome them back.  I had to skip the hugs and kisses, since I was a mess; but I’ll make up for that tomorrow.  They’d needed to get over to the Inn so that Jacob and Miranda could see them; and then they spent the rest of the day with the Wingboroughs.  I’ll get to have breakfast with them tomorrow; so that’ll give us a chance to hear about some of their recent college stories – and probably talk weddings too.

Since I’m thinking about weddings, there was some news on the family grapevine today.  Michelle McEwan and Neil Ryan got engaged.  They’ve just earned their Bachelor Degrees; and we’re hearing that the wedding will be next summer – after they earn their Masters Degrees.

I won’t be involved in that; but there’s yet another wedding for the Johnson clan to look forward to; and I’m glad that Michelle and Neil are planning a life together.

This update is just flowing right along, and speaking of not being involved; there was a birthday celebration today that I wasn’t part of and wish the best for the birthday girl.

Happy 2nd Birthday, Rebekkah!

Pastor John and Stacey had a party for her, and Leah and Zack were among the kids invited to attend, but as I mentioned; I was out of the loop for that.  Rebekkah will be friends with my cousins, though; and that’s quite important for them.

We got to hear about some of the party highlights from Aunt Leanne at dinner.  She and Aunt Deborah had helped out for part of the afternoon while Uncle Adam and Uncle Nick were busy with yard work and getting ready for the holiday weekend too; so they were our source for that part of the dinner entertainment.  Since we’d all been working, that meal was barbeque pot-luck at our house; and it was time to start winding down by then after a very strenuous work day.

For me, that started out with a hot shower and clean clothes; we had dinner out in the back yard around a few tables that were close enough together that we could all talk together; and then I was on kid control with the grandparents while the Dads took care of the easy clean-up.  Dad had to get to work in the office after that, but Mom hosted a social hour or so that included trying to tire out the younger kids so that they’d be ready for bed when they got home.  I helped out with that; though there’s a good chance that they tired me out more than the other way around.

How do I know that?  Because Michael came over for a while after he was done at the Inn; we tucked Ethan and Ehlana in for the night; and then I promptly fell asleep within minutes of snuggling with him on the sofa in the lounge.

Yeah, not exactly the kind of fun we’d wanted to have after finally getting some alone time; but I ran out of steam and that was it for me.

Michael stayed and cuddled with me for a couple of hours until I woke up; but then he went home by midnight because he expected that Jake, and possibly Stephanie too, would be at his house by then.  We had a quick chat with Mom and Dad because they were still up and in the office; I took care of the goodnight hugs and kisses with him on the front porch; and then I came up to my room again and got ready for bed.

The only computing I did before starting this update was an email check.  That didn’t take long; and I’ll be heading back to sleep as soon as I have this done.

Make that an ‘I’m done’ and I’ll be in dreamland about a minute after I put my computer to bed for the night.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!