Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cassie's Journal - March 7, 2015



I’d just like to take a minute to point out to all of those global warming – I mean climate change – nuts that there can’t possibly be global warming when there is record snowfall and cold records being set this winter!

Oh wait, it was in the seventies today, a beautiful, sunny spring day – in the first week of March. Sure, that might be on the cool side for this time of year in the Caribbean; but we’re not there.  That would be nice, but then we are going to be heading south in a week; so I don’t need to go there – and you get my actual point here despite the side-trip.  I’m just amused that those people who feel the need to put their two cents’ worth in on one side of that debate or the other only seem to get really vocal when the weather is in favor of their arguments.

That’s enough of a rant for one update; and I don’t really want to mess with what’s been one of those really great days.

Happy 31st Birthday, Uncle Adam!

I should have started out this report with that; but couldn’t resist going with the weather and climate jibe instead. ;^)

I didn’t have anything to do with Uncle Adam’s birthday fun this morning, since we were busy with chores at home after breakfast, but as the temperature climbed; our interest in a major work day fell radically and we decided to blow of the extra work plans by lunchtime.  Instead of doing that, we had a little barbeque lunch with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack; and then played all afternoon.  Biking, playing at the park, and an ice cream run to the Emporium were all part of the fun; and Michael joined us for some of that while on his afternoon break.  Since quite a few of their friends were working until stores closed or the farming was done for the day, Uncle Adam’s dinner party at the Inn didn’t start until six-thirty.  That gave us lots of warm and sun time to play; and then we split up to get ready for dinner – and for a night out at Sheldon’s for the adults that were going there after dinner.

It was really awesome to have the kids going out to dinner this time too; though I was also on kid control while we were at the Inn too – with some help from Rowen and Tim.  Michael was helping out in the kitchen; but took his break to eat with us once most of the dinners had been served for our group.  Aunt Leanne had booked a bit more than a third of the seating available; so the dining room was pretty much full with our group and the usual Saturday night crowd.  While I was busy with the younger kids, Uncle Adam had fun with Aunt Leanne and our family and their friends.  The kids and teens were mostly out of the loop for most of the birthday fun and roasting; though we did get in on the birthday song; and Zack was very entertaining when he helped his father out with opening gifts and getting into the cake before the candles were blown out.

Uncle Adam blew his wish by saying it out loud; but then he got the clean-up help he needed after some of Zack’s adventures with birthday cake ended up on both of them.  He also needed to go home and get changed before going on to the pub, but let’s not go into any details about that.  I had more information than I needed about that when Mom and Dad told us that he and Aunt Leanne were late getting to the pub and arrived wearing very suspicious smiles to go along with his new shirt, tie, and pants.

I really shouldn’t let my thoughts wander in that direction.  Michael is in his usual guest bedroom on the second floor; and I might be too tempted to go down there and cuddle with him for the rest of the night.  It certainly isn’t as if we got to have any major make-out time while babysitting until Mom and Dad got home.

When we came home from the Inn, our group of kids included Ethan and Ehlana, Zack and Leah, Naomi and Eli, and Aiden and Hailey.  Sebastian went home with Grandma and Grandpa Ayres, and Caleb was with Pastor John and Stacey for a few hours; mostly because Mom and Dad decided that we had enough younger kids to watch with eight.  They were right about that; which is why Rowen, Tim, Michael, and I were worn out by the time Mom and Dad got home at around two.  From eight-thirty until ten-thirty the kids had us running around playing games and goofing off.  Michael joined us about half-way through that fun once the Inn was closed for the night.  A wind-down movie in the lounge followed, but that only put half of our kids off to sleep – and that didn’t include Zack and Eli.

Note to me – think twice about taking babysitting jobs on nights when those two boys have overdosed on chocolate cake and other sweets.  They’re a bit scary when in that condition.

Now you’re likely wondering which of the slightly older kids did conk out instead.  That’d be Ethan and Naomi – while cuddling together under a blanket and on a shared pillow.  Yes, we could have taken them downstairs and off to bed after that, but they were too cute; and it was more fun to let Mom and Dad see them in that condition first before splitting them up and taking them to bed after that.  Leah and Hailey were sleeping first, and Rowen and I did put them to bed in Violet’s room; but Ehlana and Aiden didn’t run out of steam until twelve-thirty; and it was closer to one-thirty before we finally got Zack and Eli sleeping and then in bed after they fought it every step of the way – and nearly won.

Ehlana and Aiden weren’t in bed then, but they were sleeping next to each other on the sofa in the lounge; and we had enough time to get everything cleaned up before Mom and Dad got home.  We did those last four kid moves shortly after they took pictures; had a little recap chat with them; and then Rowen and I took a bit of time to say goodnight to our respective boyfriends before meeting up in my room at two-thirty.  We were tucked into bed with Mandy fifteen minutes after that; and have been chatting and doing our usual computer work or playing since then to give us something to do instead of sneaking downstairs to be with our boys.  Rowen would like to go and be with Tim as much as I’d like to be with Michael – and she also pointed out that there’s something wrong with the fact that my little brother had more cuddle time with Naomi than any of the four teens in this house had tonight.

If I listen closely, I can hear a ‘that’s my boy’ and a ‘that’s my girl’ coming from Dad and Liz as they read this someday in the future. ;^)

And then there’s Aunt Leanne saying something about needing to get me away from my parents more often.  I’m sorry, but despite my best intentions; I never seem to do as well as I’d like when it comes to getting the fun side of my priorities balanced with the work and responsibilities.  Trust me – it isn’t all because of Mom and Dad’s influence on me.  It’s also just part of who I am; and I’ll live with it since I pretty much have to do that anyway.

For right now, though, I don’t have anything else to add to this update; and laying back and watching dumb YouTube videos with Rowen until we fall asleep sounds like more fun that writing in my journal; so that’s it for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!