Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cassie's Journal - March 10, 2015



Congratulations to the Malloys!

Marcus Malloy was born early this morning; he is healthy and beautiful; and Angela is doing just fine too.  His Daddy looked a bit frazzled and tired out; but an all-nighter combined with dealing with some work issues that couldn’t be left while he was off; and keeping up with Valerie while Mommy was busy wore him down a bit.

Angela wasn’t feeling sorry for him, since Marcus weighed in at nine pounds, six ounces, and she didn’t exactly have a fun night either; but Valerie was happy to give her Dad a break and play with Ethan, Ehlana, and me for the couple of hours we spent with them at the hospital tonight.

That trip to the city definitely messed up my schedule for the evening, and I missed spending that time with Michael; but he stayed home and went to our teen praise team practice instead of going along with us – mostly because he plays guitar for our group for most songs now and didn’t want to leave them hanging.  Mom would have let me stay, but I wasn’t going to miss out on seeing Angela and Terry’s new baby – or the chance to spend some mid-week time with Dad and the play time with the twins and Valerie.

We got the news about Marcus’ birth before breakfast, and while Dad couldn’t take the day off to help his friends out; he had gone in to see them before work this morning and sneak in some food contraband for Angela.  That news made for a fun start to our day, but the highlight of the morning was Tai Chi; because we took the exercise show outdoors this morning for the first time this year!  We had to bundle up a bit since the temperature was only in the high forties; but Ethan, Ehlana, and I couldn’t resist the urge to be out by the river again for our work-out; and Mom and Michael were willing to go along with us to do that.  Michael stayed for breakfast; but then he had to hurry home and get ready for school and his morning workout with Tim and the other guys.

We had two tests to write today, but the highlights of the school day for me were lunch outdoors and band practice after school.  I had time for part two of that because Mom was busy until then and couldn’t hit the road for Crystal Springs right after school anyway.  We did leave shortly after I got home from band practice, and the only reason she didn’t pick me up from school was because I wanted to get changed and grab my ‘good’ computer for the trip so that I could study and do my family business work while on the road.

The travel time was actually a lot of fun tonight.  I used a little Magi power to do my work, and Mom did my Magi lesson as we went along too; teaching all three of us some more advanced ways to work on our computers and used different talents to speed up our work.  That topic actually came up because I couldn’t use a time phase to get more done while we were on the road.  The why for that might not be totally obvious, so I’ll take a moment to explain.  You might think that the reason is because we didn’t want to pull the minivan into a time phase while moving at highway speed, and that’s true; but the weirder part of it would have been if I’d tried to use a time phase at that speed inside the minivan.  Basically, if I didn’t react fast enough; we’d all splatter against the windshield in a nano-second – or against the back of the hatch if I tried slowing down time instead of speeding it up.  Trust me – that would totally suck!

Are there ways around that?  Maybe, but nothing that we came up with tonight while talking about it would have worked without causing more problems – such as having the impossible seen by other people.  Keep in mind that there hasn’t exactly been a lot of Magi research during the century or so that this has even been an issue.  Magi didn’t exactly have to worry much about travel speed issues with time phasing before the invention of cars and airplanes.  Ethan, Ehlana, and I had more fun with Mom’s lesson anyway, and I got all of my work done tonight with a bit of extra language studying thrown in on the trip home; so it was a good night from that perspective too.

We went straight to the hospital when we got to the city; met Dad there; and then had some play time with Valerie while waiting for a turn to meet Marcus and see Angela.  Both of their families were there along with some other close friends; so we didn’t actually get to have very much time with Angela or Marcus; but we hadn’t expected that anyway.  Angela looked really good by then and more rested than Terry did; though I could tell that she didn’t feel as great as she looked.  I would have loved to help her out with that, but couldn’t; and her recovery issues weren’t at all unusual.  They’ll be home again by sometime tomorrow; and I’m sure that Angela will be just fine.

Mom and Dad spent most of their time at the hospital with Terry and the other adults, and though I didn’t spend a lot of time talking with them too; I did get to hear all about the hospital adventure from Valerie’s perspective while we played in the activity room that was set up to entertain both patient and visiting kids.  We haven’t exactly gotten to see Valerie much, so she was a bit shy with us for about five minutes; but then she happily kept us entertained for the rest of our visit – and she especially loved playing with the twins.  We couldn’t stay too long, since Mom needed to get us home again and Dad had work to do back at the hotel, but after spending two hours there; we went on to have a fast food dinner with Dad first before splitting up and heading for home or hotel.

Maybe Ethan, Ehlana, and I should have let Mom go to the city alone so that she could stay overnight with Dad, but taking the evening off will just leave us with more work to get done over the next few days anyway; and at least Mom and Dad do have a week of vacation in Florida to look forward to – even if that will be with a gang of kids and teens.  I am glad that we got to see Marcus, his parents, and sister, though; so I’m glad that Mom didn’t mind taking us along.

I finished my family business work on the way home along with the bonus language studies; and Mom and I had Ethan and Ehlana tucked into their beds for the night within a half-hour of getting home.  It was off to bed for me after that too, so I got changed and into bed with Mandy before wrapping up my busy day with my usual bedtime email and computer checks.  There isn’t anything new to report from any of that, and this is all of the news I have for today; so that’s a wrap for another amazing day, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!