Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cassie's Journal - March 22, 2015



Welcome home to us!

I really am glad to be home, and cuddling with Mandy while I’m writing this is great too; but I was both fired up and sad this morning when it was time to get up way too early and start heading for home.

Rowen and I rushed through our showers and getting dressed; finished packing up everything we’d needed this morning; and then went to help the parents with all of the younger kids while the boys mostly took care of getting the luggage out to the vans – with some help from a couple of young men on the hotel staff.  Getting all of that done and hitting the road for the airport took a bit too long, so we ended up having fast food for breakfast at the airport instead of stopping to eat at a restaurant.  We did at least have time for that.  I’ve heard Tim’s stomach growl during morning classes if he hasn’t eaten enough before – or after – their morning weight training; and listening to that for the entire flight would not have been fun – and possibly would have scared small children. ;^)

The airport time at each end of the flight took nearly as long as the flight, which I’ve mentioned before is silly and annoying, but we dealt with it; and didn’t have any major check-in, security, or baggage issues.  Our flight was uneventful, and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I mostly worked on final holiday break assignments that had required real-time vacation data to complete – the usual creative writing assignment along with math and science questions that required information from our activities this week.  I’ll guess that we were among the fastest students in our class; along with other milestones that would all be thanks to going on extreme rides.

By the time we landed at our ‘home’ airport, retrieved our luggage, and got everything and everyone loaded into the minivans and truck; we were all ready to stop somewhere to pick up a late lunch to go and hit the road for home.  Stopping at a restaurant had been an option too, but the decision to go with fast food had not been motivated by getting Aunt Leanne one more fix – we just wanted to get the rest of the trip finished and be home again.  This time, Michael went with Dad, Ethan, and Aiden in the truck for the drive home; Rowen and Tim were with Mom, Ehlana, and Naomi; and I went with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne so that I could take care of Zack – though he ended up sleeping most of the way once we’d done a little telepathic chat with him.

We had work to do after getting home; starting with getting everything unloaded.  Dad then did a loop around town to drop off luggage, kids, and teens at houses and one store – though the Olde Bakery stop was temporary and Hannah left work early to go home with Aiden and Hailey and Dad dropped off Aiden’s things after taking Naomi home and doing the luggage transfer at her house too.  While Dad was busy with that – and getting Tim’s things home too; I helped Michael with carrying his bags to his house, we did the goodbye hugs and kisses there, and then I came home again to help Mom with the piles of work we needed to get started on there – like unpacking and laundry.

Before I get to the rest of the day, though, I need to mention that it’s been a very nice day here in Witch Falls – sunny, warm, and very spring-like.  I didn’t even mention the passing of the first day of spring in the appropriate journal update while we were in Florida; but it just didn’t seem important when it felt like summer to us instead of the transition from winter to spring.  My point with the weather comment, though, is that we enjoyed coming back to warm and sunny instead of cold or rainy; and it’s made our late afternoon and evening here very pleasant – even with all of the work we’ve been doing.

Working at the Inn with Michael and his family had been an option for me, but I decided to help Mom and Dad instead; and didn’t really want to miss out on the family dinner at the Inn either.  It was great being on the trip with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne, but I really missed the rest of my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  We’d booked the late buffet for that to allow for any travel delays, so that gave Mom and I time to get most of the unpacking finished and several loads of laundry started.  Dad went to work in the office after he got back from doing the running around, and other than the break for dinner; he worked straight through until we all went to bed at eleven o’clock – on Mom’s orders.

That worked out okay because we did a bit of time-phasing to help out with the workload, and while Dad had the most pressing work to get done; the rest of us either worked on the family business after dinner or college studies.  Our dinner at the Inn was the local fun highlight of the day.  Spending that time with my family was amazing, but so was visiting with friends and neighbors; and I especially loved my reunion with Michael’s family and everyone else working at the Inn tonight.  I’d brought a few gifts along with me, and while what we’d picked up for Rebecca and Jenny were the most fun to deliver for Michael and me; we did also have a few gag gifts to share with everyone there – most of them from Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes and a collection of the best-known Potter candies or chocolates.  Michael and I still have some gifts that will need to wait until our packages get here from Grandma and Grandpa; but I had room in my bags for a couple of wands and pygmy puffs for Rebecca and Jenny – and a few pieces of jewelry and gifts for Miranda and Jacob.

We don’t really need to get into all of that, and I didn’t even have much time to spend with everyone in the kitchen anyway.  They were too busy; and I had to get to dinner before Tim and his Uncle Lee polished off everything on the buffet tables!  I’m only joking about that, but Tim was there with his family too – as was Rowen, and a half-dozen other friends – most of them kids of store owners.  Most stores had been open both Sundays for the holiday weekend; so I wasn’t surprised that most of those parents weren’t interested in cooking after working fourteen days straight for the first time since the Christmas rush and holiday.

I was at the kids’ table for dinner, and while I missed out on a lot of the adult conversation and story time; Ethan, Ehlana, and I still got to see Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, Uncle Nick, and Aunt Deborah a fair bit too as they helped me out with kid control when needed.  I didn’t get to have Caleb and Sebastian with me while we ate; but did take a turn watching both kids for a while – Caleb while the parents were getting their plates filled and doing the same with the younger kids; and Sebastian while Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah had dessert.  Since Dad needed to get back to his work, we didn’t drag out our meal – though we were still there for nearly an hour and a half by the time I’d done my pre and post dinner visits to the kitchen.

That second visit was mostly to distribute some goodnight hugs and kisses – including an extended kiss with Michael that he probably got teased about straight through until they went home for the night.  Mom and I got drinks for everyone after we got home, but then we all worked in the office in high gear until her eleven o’clock bedtime order.  I didn’t go straight to bed, since my Jacuzzi really, really missed me and we needed to get re-acquainted; but I multi-tasked my tub time with some language studying in a time-phase so that I wouldn’t be up past the additional ‘be-asleep-by-midnight’ directive.  I did most of my bedtime computer checks then too; but saved this update until after I was tucked in with Mandy.

There were quite a few emails waiting for me, but most of them were college-related; and all of my favorite collegians are safely back at school and ready to start classes again in the morning.  Ditto part two of that for Dawn, Jillian, Jaimie, and Kaitlyn; and they all had a fun holiday too – if not Disney and Universal Studios kind of amazing.

I’ll be able to say the same for our upcoming week; but I’m also going to be very busy too.  We have a future plans meeting tomorrow night; all usual school and extra-curricular activities during the week; work and game nights; and what will likely be a catch-up weekend for work around the house and yard after being away for the past two weekends.  As I’ve mentioned, there is going to be a lot happening around here over the next few months, and while that’ll be most exciting for certain projects like the new med center; I’ll be more involved with things like everything we’ll be doing for Jake and Stephanie’s wedding.  That’s going to mean bonus time with Miranda and Rebecca; so I’m good with all of that – and the shopping and other fun will all be nice bonuses to go along with the work.

I do need to get sleep when I can do keep up with all of that, and there isn’t anything else that needs to be covered tonight; so I guess that’s it for now.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!