Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Cassie's Journal - March 15, 2015



The Ides of March has been another perfect, amazing day for us here at Disney World in sunny Florida!

Our wake-up call seemed to come way too early, but a bit of Magi-powered re-charging had most of us at full-power by the time we met up for breakfast before heading back over to the Magic Kingdom for another day of non-Magi magic and adventure.

Once again, I’m not going to try to cover every detail of our day; but here are some of the highlights:

We all did two meet and greets with Disney characters, and while that was mostly meant for the five younger kids; Rowen and I got in on the pictures too; and I think that Michael and Tim might both have a thing for Ariel – and Minnie Mouse; though they’d deny it if you asked them.  Rides of all kinds were a big part of our day too; but we also did some of the other must-do activities – like the Swiss Family Robinson tree house and Tom Sawyer Island.  We also caught two shows and watched the afternoon parade.  I need to take a side-trip for that because I was totally fired up about that parade.

It’s not as if I didn’t know that school bands and groups can come to Disney and participate in the parades and other shows, but seeing high school teens actually doing that today has me really fired up about suggesting that we come to Disney with our school band.  That takes a lot of time and planning, but I’m only in Grade Nine; and we could pull it off.  Michael, Rowen, and Tim all think it’s a great idea too; and Rowen was very happy when Tim assured her that he’d sign up for band if we had something like that to look forward to instead of just a few local parades and parties for the seniors.  I’ll guess that we’d get a lot of new members if we can get approval to do it – even if it did take a couple of years to get together.  I’ll have more on this after we get back; since talking to some of our teachers about the idea is going to be near the top of my to-do list when we go back to school again.

The shows and parade were up there at the top of the fun with our family list; and the extreme rides with my best friends was way up there too.  While we didn’t get around to doing nearly everything there is to do at the main park; we definitely had as much fun as we possibly could fit into a day and a half of play time there.  We only had until midnight to do that today, but only four of us lasted anywhere near that long; and Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were the only members of our group that didn’t watch the fireworks tonight from the comfort of our hotel before going off to bed.  Doing that might have been better for us too, but we still opted for the extra hours of teen-rated entertainment; and I am so grateful for my photographic memory tonight!

While the park closed at midnight without any bonus hours, Michael and I – and Rowen and Tim – managed to find something else to do to keep entertained after getting back to our hotel.  Most of that play time happened in our hotel rooms, and while I won’t go into details with that either; I will assure you that saying goodnight to Michael tonight was a lot hotter than it was last night! ;^)

Have I mentioned yet how grateful I am for my photographic memory?  Yeah, I thought so; but it’s worth repeating.

Rowen joined me in our room at a quarter after one; and we’ve been having a nice girl chat since getting ready for bed and tucking ourselves in.  Her goodnight time with Tim had her feeling very happy and not very tired out yet; so we’ve once again stayed awake too long while I worked; she surfed for funny Disney-related YouTube vids; and we’ve been trying to wind down from another amazing day.  We’re moving on to our next Disney park destination in the morning; and will be spending the day in the Animal Kingdom.  We still have one more night at this hotel, but then we’ll split the day on Tuesday between the Disney Hollywood Studios park and Typhoon Lagoon before moving on to spend the rest of the week at one of the Universal Studios hotels.

I predict more late nights and morning Magi Healing for those of us who can get away with doing that – when we have the opportunity to do it.  That’s easy enough for Rowen and me first thing in the morning while we’re getting ready for the day; but might not always work out for Michael – and can’t happen for Tim.  Fortunately, Tim is fairly hyper-active to start with; and has already advised us that he can catch up on his sleep again next week – during our classes.

He’s not really joking about that; but also doesn’t usually have naps in class either unless he’s faking it for laughs.

Rowen and I do still want to actually get some sleep tonight even if we don’t actually need to worry about being too tired to play with the wild animals tomorrow; but let’s cover a couple of notes from back home before I wrap this up and call it a night.

They’d have a very nice weather day there today too; though Rebecca advised me that she missed out on pretty much all of that while helping out at the Inn all day while Michael and I were slacking off and having fun.  They’re supposed to have another really warm day tomorrow before it cools off a bit; which probably has a lot to do with why Rebecca is planning on spending her days off with Lucas and his family on their farm.  They’ll still be doing work there too; but I hope they have a good couple of days together – especially since they can’t be here with us.  That, by the way, is another really good reason for coming back here with the band – Lucas and Rebecca could both come if it was in the winter and during a school week anyway!

I am so going to need to convince our teachers that we really should do that trip! ;^)

That was a bit off-track; so let’s get back to the news from home.  We missed the church service at home, and that feels strange; but I can’t say that I missed the long day helping out at the Inn – especially after Rebecca emailed me and reported that it was over-the-top busy there today with so many home for the holiday or just not interested in wasting hours of a beautiful day with cooking dinner at home.  It sounds as though it was mostly a play day for most people around town, and Rebecca said she could see the park full of kids, teens, and adults playing there or having picnics from the Inn – and went there to hang out for a while during her afternoon break.

She also let me know that Jenny is planning on spending a lot of time with Lance at his house in Maple Valley; but that she’s not as happy as she’s apparently pretending to be with Lance’s continuing insistence that they only hang out with his family and friends; and basically never with hers except for the occasional evening at her house.  I have a very strong feeling that Lance is going to find out sooner than later that Jenny is too strong-willed to put up with that much longer – no matter how hot she thinks he is or how cool his car and friends are.  I’m a bit biased there, since I think her home-town friends are pretty cool too; but then my standards are a bit different than hers – at least for now.

I guess my last notes from email tonight are about my favorite collegians.  Violet and Dillon have been having a good weekend in Woodvale; though my reports on that have come from Dawn and Jillian.  I haven’t heard from Christina yet; but Jake and Stephanie are having a good start to the week they’re spending together in New York.  They’re doing that on the cheap and staying with friends because they’re saving for their year in Europe; but it sounds as though they’re at a nice home and their friends have a great family.  Some other college ‘kids’ are home in Witch Falls; a few have gone away for the week; and others don’t have this week off, but there isn’t any major news to report with them.

I did have a bit of must-do family business work to deal with, but that didn’t take long; and I won’t have any major catch-up to do with that unless something changes between now and next Sunday.  My studies are another matter, but I’ll save those comments for next week; since I don’t plan on trading any of the vacation fun for study time – no matter how important that work is for me.

That’s enough for tonight, and I’m nearly ready to nap now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!