Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cassie's Journal - March 11, 2015



Compared to the baby fun yesterday, we haven’t exactly had an exciting time of it around here; though spending time getting ready for our trip was fun-work.

We also had another nice weather day with temperatures hovering around seventy by this afternoon.  That made lunchtime at school very nice; and most students finished up this round of testing today too.  Our last one for Grade Nine was this morning; and we’ve pretty much either been allowed to work on projects that are due in or start working ahead on our holiday break assignments.  Michael, Rowen, Tim, and I are working on those new assignments; and we plan on having most of that work finished before we head for Florida – though that isn’t possible for all of them due to the usual current event-type reports we’ll be doing.

The only downside to needing to do a lot of work at home tonight was that I couldn’t go out to play and enjoy the great weather.  No, I’m not suggesting that I’d trade that for a week in Florida, and it was supposed to be a work night anyway; but I do like being outdoors when I can be – especially as we close in on the end of winter!  What I did instead, though, was walk Michael over to the Inn on my way home; we did our goodnight hugs and kisses way too early; and then I started working with Mom about a minute after meeting up with her at the house.  She’d been at the lab with Ethan and Ehlana for a lot of the day; and that’s mostly because Ehlana wants to get something she’s working on done before we head south.

One part of the fun tonight was that we did a lot of our work with a little Magi power to get more done – especially since Mom and I also want to get extra family business work done by the weekend too.  Mom isn’t letting me stay up late to do that, so the time-phasing is a compromise.  Taking turns holding those time-phases is why we’re both tired out now, but it was worth the effort.  I’ll be done my family business work by tomorrow night except for keeping up with ongoing issues while we’re away; and Mom expects to be ready to go by Friday afternoon or evening.  She’d be able to get done sooner, but can’t bring herself to disappoint Miranda by taking the night off from gaming at the Inn; so we’re doing that instead of spending a second evening working at home.

I’m actually good with that plan because I’ll get to spend some time with Michael and his family before we leave on Saturday morning; and I won’t be able to visit much with them on Friday while they’re busy at the Inn and I’m busy with Mom doing the final packing for our trip.  That’s going to include getting all of the luggage loaded up and ready to go for ourselves and our friends; though the last part of the work will need to wait until Dad gets home because we’ll be using his truck to haul almost all of the luggage while we us the minivans for most of the people.

This update seems to be coming off a bit dull compared to how fired up I’m getting about the trip, but trust me – I am totally fired up now.  That’s fairly scary for my parents, and though I’m getting run down right now; I’ll be back to full-power by morning and even more excited.  I need to get off to sleep soon, but before I go there, I should mention that Grandma and Grandpa arrived in Florida late today after taking their time heading there and doing a bit of sightseeing here and there along the way.  Their rental is, as usual, in a community that primarily caters to seniors, and while it isn’t in Orlando; they’re close enough that they’ll be able to spend a lot of time with us while we’re there.  I don’t know if they’ve even decided how many days that’ll be yet, since weather could be a factor; but I’ll expect to see them on Saturday and Sunday for sure; and probably at least two more days during the week.

By the way, I’m not going to go over the details tonight, but should have mentioned before now that the parents have put a lot of effort into the planning for this trip; and they’re going all out for what will definitely be one of the few vacations we’ll likely take together – at least while I’m still in school.  If that’s only going to happen every four or five years, it’ll be the only one while I’m in high school.  My point here is that they really want to make sure that we have a remember-forever adventure; and I’m sure that we will!

I want to be ready for all of that fun, and really need to get sleep while I can to do that; so that’s all for tonight, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!