Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 9, 2014



In hindsight, maybe it was a good thing that I fell asleep early last night; if only because that put me in much better shape than some of the other teens and adults around here to deal with the ‘spring forward’ time change today.  I definitely wasn’t thinking about it last night, but the extra rest came in very handy when it was time for Tai Chi this morning at what felt like an hour earlier than usual thanks to ‘losing’ that hour earlier this morning.

There’s no doubt that the most entertaining moments of our morning came from hearing stories from our friends and neighbors about how time literally got away from them this morning and messed up their usual routines thanks to sleeping in or even forgetting about the time change.  That probably even explained why a few members of our congregation didn’t make it to church this morning; and certainly had something to do with why others looked very tired, harried, or both.  Some legitimate problems were understandable, and Aunt Leanne was dealing with one of those issues thanks to the time change messing up Zack’s feeding schedule.  Okay, it was the time that was an hour off, not Zack; but the result was that he rather vocally let her know that he was ready for his next meal at about the same time that Pastor John was getting his sermon started.

While Daylight Savings Time was the top news story at church this morning, it was the half-decent weather that had the biggest impact on our afternoon activities.  Dad had finished most of his weekend homework last night, so he and Mom took the afternoon off to play with Ethan, Ehlana, and me.  Rowen, Tim, and Michael joined us for parts of that; and we split up our time between some park play, biking, and an afternoon snack break picnic by the falls.  My outdoor play time ended when Michael and I headed for the Inn to help out with the buffet rush; but we really only traded one type of entertainment for another as we had fun for a few hours with his family and everyone else working in the kitchen.

The time change affected that a bit too – at least for the first buffet sitting.  We eventually still had a full house, but it took a while before that happened; and then that delayed the second sitting by a half-hour or more as the turnover got backed up a bit.  I worked with Michael and Rebecca until pretty much all of the food was cooked for the night, and then headed home early so that I could get my usual school night studies and work done without staying up half the night.

Mom, Dad, and the twins had gone to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa’s house – along with Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack – but they were home by the time I got there.  They were all in the office, and Ethan and Ehlana were working on college assignments while Mom and Dad were dealing with some family business and future plans work.  Mom took a break to do my Magi lesson then; we followed that up with a little family business update from my end of the business; and then I was set free to come up to my room while she and Dad took care of getting the twins bathed and into bed for the night.

I needed some Jacuzzi time after our play afternoon and working at the Inn, so I did that first; and multi-tasked my archive homework while soaking in the tub.  The rest of my studies and work didn’t include any particularly interesting news; but the college teen and family email tonight was often entertaining and included some important information.

While mid-term exams had the attention of all of my favorite college teens this past weekend; they’re also getting excited about their upcoming Spring Breaks – though not all of them have the same week off; and only Violet, Dillon, Christina, and Josiah will be home in Witch Falls for part of the week while we’re off from school too.  The news about that included the decision that both teen couples were spending the first half of their week off ‘away’ with Violet’s and Christina’s families respectively; and then they’ll be ‘home’ for the second half of the week.  Violet and Dillon are going to bring Dawn and Jillian with them from Woodvale; so Rowen and I will need to make some special plans to entertain my cousin and her best friend while they’re here.  That could definitely cut into the boyfriend time for us, but for all I know; Dawn and Jillian will end up attracting as much attention from the guys their age as Chris and Martin have been doing with the girls here for the past few years.

Speaking of them, they aren’t coming to see us on March Break because they’d rather stay home and hang out with their friends – and girlfriends.  I wonder if we’re getting to the point yet where either of them will be bringing girlfriends ‘home’ to meet the family yet?  I know that it’s a lot different having them ‘meet’ Michael last summer, and that really shouldn’t be any different for me meeting my cousins’ girlfriends or boyfriends; but it’s still going to seem strange to me anyway whenever that does start happening.

While our plans for March Break are coming together now, we don’t actually have much going on for this week.  I’ll have a busy week at school as we do extra testing ahead of the holiday and some projects are due; but we don’t have any special events or plans between now and when we’re set free from school for a week on Friday.  One thing I am going to do differently, though, is take it easy on my late-night work and studies.  I’ve been pushing too hard; and need to back off for a while.  That’s not only because I want to be ready to enjoy the holiday with my friends and family – I can’t keep staying up and working until two or three o’clock so many nights a week all of the time.  I’m going to actually need to do that often enough over the next decade or two anyway; so I think it’s time to cut back a bit when I don’t absolutely need to be going twenty or more hours a day.

As always, we’ll see whether those good intentions actually work out for me, since something always seems to come up that interferes with those work-less plans; but I’ll hope for the best.  For tonight, at least, I will be sleeping before midnight, and that’ll be two nights in a row; so that’s at least a good start – even if my early down time yesterday was unintentional.  It doesn’t feel that late now, but it’s also going to feel very early when we need to get up in the morning even with the extra sleep; so that’s all I have for tonight and I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!