Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 5, 2014



Ash Wednesday – the first day of Lent.

As I mentioned yesterday with Shrove Tuesday; Lent is not generally observed here in Witch Falls; though some people do recognize the religious tradition.  It was probably the jokes in my journal last night about what I wasn’t going to give up for Lent that had me thinking more about Lent today.  The fact that we don’t observe Lent at our church may seem strange to some when we have such a strong and closely-knit congregation, but I’ll only point out that Lent is a church tradition in certain denominations; which is quite different from biblical observations that are observed by most Christian communities.

That doesn’t mean that I can’t appreciate those customs and traditions, because I can – and have studied them the same as I have thoroughly studied most major world religions.  Mom and I have attended churches that do observe Lent; but even then those congregations weren’t following anything near to the strictest guidelines for fasting or the other historical requirements.  My perspective on religious traditions such as Lent are admittedly colored by my ‘higher plane’ relationship with God and a deeply rooted religious education; and I’ll take this opportunity to include a few thoughts about that here.

Let’s begin that with something that may not seem obvious to many: God loves us; is very patient and forgiving!  Yes, there are things that he wants from us – our love being among the most important; but He loves us regardless of how we choose to live our lives.  Our relationship with Him doesn’t need to be complicated or even particularly difficult – though that doesn’t mean that what’s expected of us won’t be challenging or even have great personal cost.  The Magi of the Light know this better than most, but some members of our little community here understand that better than others.  For Mom, that’s very personal; while for families like the Palmers, it’s a very important part of their family history.

I’m not going to write a long sermon here when others are far better suited to offer a Magi perspective of faith and religion; but I will suggest that everyone just needs to lighten up!  God wants us to be happy and have joy-filled lives.  Filling our lives with love and happiness will help us through the tasks and trials we’ll each face in our lives – and that’s true regardless of how much time we spend on this part of our spiritual journey.  That’s going to be especially true in the coming years and decades as we approach this next ascension of the light; and I plan on filling my life with as much love and joy as I can!

The love is something that I feel all of the time now, but I’ll have to admit that my day wasn’t exactly filled to overflowing with non-stop fun today – I was too busy with the work both at school and my part-time job.  It’s not that I don’t ever find my chores, studies, and family-business responsibilities enjoyable or even fun sometimes; it’s just that none of that is on the same level as play time of any kind with my family and friends – like we had on Monday and Tuesday night.  There wasn’t even as much fun as usual around school today, though that had less to do with me personally as it did with the stress some of my friends were feeling while dealing with tests and impending projects and major assignment deadlines looming ever-closer ahead of March Break.

Our after-school study session in the conference room at Landry’s was a fun exception to the day; but even that hour or so of entertainment was fit in around getting our homework done before we each needed to get to our part-time jobs.  I walked with Michael to the Inn on my way home and stopped in for some hugs and kisses with his parents and Rebecca; but then it was almost all work for me for the rest of the night – except for breaks at dinnertime and when Ethan and Ehlana went to bed for the night.  I worked on the family business until that second break; and have been doing my usual bedtime studies and nightly computing since coming up to my room after doing my Magi lesson with Mom.

As seems to happen way too often, my thoughts about having an early bedtime didn’t work out; though I will manage to be off to sleep a bit earlier than I managed over the past few nights.  While I got a lot of work done tonight, there really isn’t anything newsworthy to write about here; and I won’t bore you with the technical details for any of my family business issues.  I love everything we’re doing with our charities and businesses, but let’s be honest – accounting and finance can be incredibly boring too!

I’ve mentioned that here in my journals before too, so that isn’t news either; and I should just wrap this up and get on to the nap part of my night.  With game night at the Inn and Uncle Adam’s birthday ahead, the fun level is definitely going to head higher for the next couple of days; and I want to be ready to enjoy all of that with my family and our friends.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!