Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 7, 2014



Happy 30th Birthday, Uncle Adam!

Okay, I have to start by admitting that I can’t help but feel a bit strange about the fact that my Uncle would have still been a teenager when I was born – about the same age as Dad was when Violet was born.  The age difference isn’t a big deal at all, but it seems to be more noticeable this year with him joining the thirtysomething club just a week and a half ahead of Mom’s thirty-sixth birthday.

Sorry, Mom, but then this won’t be read by anyone for quite a while; and most people who don’t actually know your age would think you were easily under thirty anyway.  I’d suggest that not having the stress of being on the run and hiding me, along with sharing our lives with our new family and friends has a lot to do with that – unless you’ve been experimenting with slowing down the process with time-phases.  Aging moments per night instead of hours would add up after a while!

Just as a little aside, I have thought about that a bit before, and I have a little theory that I’m looking into for time phases.  I’ve never read anything in the archives suggesting that using time phase in ‘hyper’ mode significantly affects a Magi Master’s life expectancy, though with all of the other factors; it might not even be easy to quantify it anyway.  I do, however, know from experience that it can, in fact, age you – as I noticed when I was using it a lot; and didn’t want to have my own development through puberty affected from doing that.  Since that is the case, I’m wondering if the ‘slow-down’ time phase – if used regularly – could significantly increase life-expectancy; and by an exponential value.

For instance, if you ‘saved’ six hours a night, that’d suggest that you’d only age nine months for every year that you did that every day.  While that may actually be the case, I’m considering the possibility that there might be Magi power factors that influence the actual effects on the body that are less-obvious than what can be seen in the short-term.  I haven’t even come close to working it all out yet, but it is interesting to think about what might be possible for the life expectancy of Magi Masters – and for anyone we included in that kind of nightly time-phase.  An extra twenty-five years would be awesome; but just imagine if it was even more!

Okay, maybe Uncle Adam will think those ideas are strange on the day that he’s a decade older than he was yesterday, but then if it could be something that all Magi could learn to do and actually have those effects on us; it’d be an awesome birthday present!

While he didn’t have anything like that in the little stack of gifts he had to open during his birthday breakfast; he did like the gifts that Aunt Leanne, Zack, and the rest of us picked out for him.  It was a crazy morning for those of us involved in the work on each side of that special little meal, and I was ready for a break by the time Rowen came over to get me on her way to school; but the birthday fun was worth all of the running around and work.  We skipped Tai Chi this morning; hauled gifts and food over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house after quickly getting ready for the day; and then got to work on making breakfast for all of the guests Aunt Leanne had invited.

That guest list included all local family members, and while we had some work crew help from Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, Grandma, and Grandpa; everyone else came over in time to eat; and only a few people could stay to help with the clean-up when it was time to either go to school or work for the day for everyone else.  Since I’ve either missed dinner and a movie night or spent more of them in the lounge with the ‘kids’ than hanging out with the adults; my favorite part of the morning was simply getting to spend that time with some of my favorite grown-ups.  One good thing about a birthday breakfast – at least for Uncle Adam – was that the traditional roasting was kept fairly mild today; since there just wasn’t time to cover thirty years worth of stories and jokes.

All of that fun has had me wishing for an early spring so that we can get back to having more family picnics and meals together like we always do during the summer months.  I haven’t even been over to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s house for a visit lately – and that isn’t just because we’ve all been busy.  Mostly, it’s just the logistical fact that I’d need to walk all the way around to the new section of town to see them that keeps me from stopping in more often.  It’s easier to pop in and see Uncle Mark at the clinic; and I see Aunt Grace more often at our house or with Aunt Leanne.  The funny part of having those thoughts today is that we’ve had nearly spring-like weather today, and it wouldn’t take much more of that to make the back yard short cut to Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace’s home an option without trudging through snow and across patches of ice – though there’d still be issues with wet and soft for a while.

I don’t really want to spend a lot of time discussing that sort of thing, though I’m not really in any hurry tonight either because I’m staying awake until Zack’s next feeding before going to sleep so that Mom and Dad can nap now and take care of Zack later.  Let’s instead move on with the rest of the news update.

Having the temperature climb into the fifties helped the general mood around the school; and had pretty much everyone outside at lunchtime to enjoy the comparative warm.  There were a lot of kids and teen outdoors after school too – including Michael, Tim, Rowen, and me.  Mom had custody of Zack by then, so we took Ethan and Ehlana with us and split our time between the park and wandering around town.  Biking had been briefly considered until we decided that getting our bikes and the trailer ready to go would take too much of our limited play time.

We weren’t doing a dinner and a movie night this week, and though Rowen and Tim were going to hang out with us again after dinner; they went to his house to eat while Michael and I were put to work helping Mom with making dinner and taking care of Ethan, Ehlana, and Zack.  I guess that actually pretty much describes our entire evening at home – working and taking care of two toddlers and a baby.  We did an easy-cook dinner; juggled eating with feeding Zack a bottle when he decided that he was hungry at the same time our food was about to hit the table.  Michael and I were the clean-up crew of two while we waited for Tim and Rowen to come over again; and then we headed up to the lounge for some toddler-rated video gaming.

Rowen, Ehlana, and I mostly watched that, and ‘talked’ together while the four boys did most of the gaming.  Zack couldn’t exactly say anything at the time, but he really loved being included for that and cuddling with Michael while they competed against Tim and Ethan.  The video gaming ended with Zack’s next feeding, and we started to watch ‘Frozen’ while he had his bottle; Ehlana cuddled with Rowen and Tim; and Michael and I had Ethan and Zack with us.

Those hours of fun and games didn’t leave us with any teen time, but I wouldn’t have traded that time with my brother, sister, and cousin – no matter how much I would have liked to have some alone time with Michael too.  I’m sure having some alone time was what Rowen and Tim were thinking about when they headed over to her house when it was time to tuck Ethan and Ehlana in for the night after the movie.  Mom and Dad caught part of the show with us, and then Michael and I helped with all three kids after Rowen and Tim left.  Getting the twins settled down took a while, and that was about the time that Zack decided it was time to party for a while after napping through a lot of the movie; so Michael and I entertained him for a while and Mom and Dad went to bed too.  Michael went home shortly before midnight; and Zack has been napping again for an hour and a half or so.

I’ve done some family business work and a bit of language study while waiting for him to wake and want his next bottle; but I’m just listening to music videos now while doing my usual nightly computing – including checking out some YouTube video clips of songs from Frozen.  When I get some time to do it, I’m going to learn to play ‘Let It Go’ on my keyboard; but didn’t want to do that tonight and risk waking Zack and getting him too fired up.  He’s busy enough without any extra motivation!

There isn’t really anything else to write about for tonight.  We have a work day around here booked for tomorrow, and we’ll be watching Zack until Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne get home from their five-star sleepover; so it’s going to be a busy day.  I’m hoping that Michael and I will get some alone time after he’s done work tomorrow night; but we’ll see how that goes.  For now, I’m just going to move on with some more surfing on the net until Zack wakes up; and then I’ll feed him and hope that we can both get off to sleep without the need to tire him out again.

That thought took me somewhere else right away, but I don’t want to think about what my aunt and uncle might be doing tonight that doesn’t include sleeping; and now I really need to wrap this up and find something else to do for a distraction.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!