Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 4, 2014



The highlight of my day was the time I got to spend with Grandma and Grandpa tonight; and I especially loved getting to hear a lot of travel stories from their weeks in India, Pakistan, and southern Europe.  Grandpa really knows how to tell those stories, and even the often-annoying travel issues seem to be little adventures from his perspective.

Nothing particularly exciting happened at school today – at least compared to our dinner and evening entertainment.  It was still cold first thing this morning when Michael came over for Tai Chi, but warmed up above freezing by this afternoon; and that allowed the construction crews to at least do a bit of work at the new medical center site this afternoon.  They’ll be able to do more work through the rest of the week if the weather cooperates, and it is supposed to get a bit warmer every day through the rest of the week.

That means that I should probably get Ethan and Ehlana out for a little sledding before the snow from last weekend disappears, but I don’t know if we’ll have time for that with everything else we have going on right now.  They are unofficial collegians now; and that’s keeping them fairly busy as they’re already closing in on finishing the first semester of their freshman year.  Since today was also a KidZone play day for them too, it seems funny to think about that and their college work; and that’s something that they do that I didn’t when I was their age – spend time at a daycare.  Yes, my circumstances were different, and not making those kinds of attachments when Mom and I often needed to run again without notice was probably better for me; but I’m honestly not sure which I would have preferred if I had been allowed the choice.  Ethan and Ehlana love spending time with their friends, but they also sometimes get frustrated when that gets in the way of their ‘real’ education.

They didn’t have a problem with taking the night off from their studies to spend the time with Grandma and Grandpa; and they also happily made sure that our grandparents started catching up on the hugs, kisses, and cuddles they’d all missed out on while they were away.  I didn’t get in on that very much by comparison, but then that’s changing anyway now that I’m a teen – and I did have Michael there to cuddle with instead while we sat in the living room and visited for a couple of hours after dinner.

Grandma and Grandpa are keeping their own travel journals now, so I won’t second-hand their stories here, but if you’re interested in the work they’re doing for the family business; check out that section of the archives.  The stories were just the entertainment anyway, and what really mattered was spending the time together and feeling the strong sense of family and love in the house.  I don’t ever take that for granted for even a moment; but I should mention it here in my journal more often.  Sometimes I get so caught up in writing about the little things that I don’t mention the most important things in my life – the love I share with my family and friends.  That’s mostly because that isn’t ‘news’ – it just is; and as much a part of my life now as breathing or eating.

Speaking of eating, I may need to cut back on that for a day or two.  This was my third day in a row for a major meal, and even my metabolism has needed to kick into high gear to keep up.  While the Sunday night buffet and another amazing dinner at Michael’s house last night contributed to that; it was the special, Shrove Tuesday, Olde Bakery treats combined with our pancake dinner that helped me to hit tilt tonight.  While this isn’t exactly a major event in Witch Falls, lots of families do make it a Pancake Day; and the Olde Bakery was experimenting with a delicious Paczki recipe that they should definitely make an annual event.

I skipped over band practice and our study session at the computer store, but it was a fairly short band practice without anything going on worth mentioning; and our study time wrapped up early too so that Michael and I could get home to help Mom with the pre-dinner work.  While whipping up a large batch of pancakes wasn’t much work; there were a half-dozen sides to go with the fluffy entree; and Michael and I were on the prep line for all of that – along with setting the dining room table too.  We were also on the clean-up crew of two after dinner – though that was my choice; and I drafted Michael.

He seemed happy enough to work for hugs and kisses; so don’t feel too sorry for him!

The rest of the evening was all fun and entertainment – at least until Grandma, Grandpa, and Michael went home after Ethan and Ehlana were tucked in for the night.  Then it was time for me to get to work; starting with my Magi lesson with Mom.  I’ve followed that up with another three hours and change of work while tucked into bed and cuddling with Mandy; and that’s all added up to another late night for me.  I’ll try to catch up on a little sleep tomorrow night, but don’t worry – I won’t be giving up any of my responsibilities for Lent just for the chance to get more rest. ;^)

I won’t be giving up any alone time with Michael either, though we didn’t get to have any of that tonight; and who knows how many opportunities we’ll even have for that between now and Easter.  It’s not looking good for that over the next few days; but I still have some hope for the weekend!

It is really late, and spending a little time dreaming about Michael and me seems like a much better idea right now than doing any more work with my computer; so that’s all I have for now, and I’m out of here.

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!