Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 22, 2014



We’ve had a comparatively quiet day, and I’ll have my earliest night getting to sleep this week; but there’s been enough fun happening too that it hasn’t been a bad way to wind down our holiday.

Part of the reason for the drop in action was the simple fact that the temperature was only into the forties today instead of the sixties and seventies we’ve enjoyed for most of the past five days.  That would have been great compared to the near-zero temperatures of not that long ago; but now we all want it to be spring every day.  The weather wasn’t a big deal while we were indoors for Tai Chi and a big country breakfast, but it didn’t make the yard work for Dad and me very much fun.

Michael came over for both Tai Chi and breakfast; though that earned him some teasing from the other girls – particularly Sally and Gretchen.  Knowing that he was learning Tai Chi too apparently wasn’t the same thing as seeing Michael and me exercising together with Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden while walking between their bedroom and the guest bathroom in nightshirts.  For some reason that was a bigger deal to them for Michael than it was for Ethan and Aiden – or even Dad for that matter.  I wonder why? ;^)

So Tai Chi and breakfast made for an entertaining couple of hours, and then it was time for me to get to work while my friends got ready to go home and Dawn and Jillian were free to hang out with them and then do their own thing once Rowen, Sally, Gretchen, and Emma had left.  Violet gave the three country kids a ride out to their farms; and then she moved on to Dillon’s house while Christina left at the same time for Josiah’s house.  I worked about half of the time with Dad and the rest with Mom around the house; but then I was set free to grab a shower shortly before they were stopping to make lunch.

We’d finished eating and cleaning up again by the time Michael, Tim, and Rowen came over to hang out with Dawn, Jillian, and me for the afternoon; and we ended up going for a bike ride out to the caves.  The ride out there was a bit cold with the wind in our faces, but the caving was fun – especially when we had to deal with a fair bit of snow still in the entrance of one of them before we could go exploring.  Another cave had a small occupant, so we stayed out of it after hearing the excitedly chattered warning, and though it was small; none of us wanted to take any chances in a dark cave.

The ride back to town was nicer with the wind at our backs, and we made it home in time for hot chocolate and a snack before Michael needed to get back to the Inn and Rowen and Tim left to spend the evening with his parents – along with some quality alone time.  I wish that Michael and I could have done that too – well, not with Tim’s parents; but you know what I mean.  Instead of doing that, I helped Mom cook dinner for seven, and after helping with the clean-up; Dawn, Jillian, and I played with Ethan and Ehlana for a couple of hours before starting to take turns in my Jacuzzi at about the same time that Mom was ready to do the bed and bath routine with the twins.

Violet and Dillon are spending the night here, but they’d been out for dinner with his family and then visited some more friends before coming home.  Michael came over after finishing up at the Inn in time that we could do the bedtime story for Ethan and Ehlana, and then once they were tucked in for the night; we headed up to the lounge to hang out with Dawn – and with Jillian too once she’d finished her turn in the tub.  I gave her lots of warning and closed the doors between the lounge and my bedroom, so there wasn’t any weirdness for her or Michael; but she still blushed fairly brightly for a while after coming into the lounge.  Dawn didn’t seem to care in the slightest whether Michael saw her in a nightshirt and robe, but I’m sure that Jillian had at least thought about dressing in normal clothes again.  The decision not to probably had more to do with whether she had extra clean clothes to do that with or not; but by then it was too late for me to offer to lend her something from my closet.

We watched a musical tonight, and the most fun of that for me – other than cuddling with Michael for an hour and a half or so – was catching Dawn and Jillian each staring at us when they heard us singing along and sometimes making up our own harmonies on the fly.  They haven’t been here for any of our public duets before, and though they didn’t say anything about it to us; it was obvious that they were impressed.  The fact that Michael loves musicals as much as I do might have been a surprise to them too; since I doubt that Chris, Martin, or their buddies stop their video gaming marathons to watch Grease or Rent.

Michael went home after the show, though he might not be sleeping very well tonight after finding out that I was planning on getting naked and hopping into the Jacuzzi for my turn as soon as he was gone.  I guess that’s okay, since I’ve sure been thinking about how much we both would have enjoyed having some clothing-optional alone time together instead of being alone in our own rooms.

We should probably do something about that before we get in trouble for getting caught making out somewhere – like at school, the Inn, or the church.

Just kidding, Moms and Dads! ;^)

Anyway, I’ve had my soak in the tub and have been working on my computer since climbing into bed with Mandy because Dawn and Jillian were both sleeping by the time I got out of the bathroom.  Violet and Dillon have come home since then, but I didn’t bother them; and don’t need to think about them snuggled together in the next room while enjoying the last night they’ll be able to do that until the end of the semester – unless they do a hotel sleepover some weekends between now and then.  We’ll be in for one of those crazy-busy mornings tomorrow, but then it should be quiet for the rest of the day around here – especially since Dad will have lots of work to get done to be ready for the coming week back in the office.

There isn’t anything important to include here from my computer checks and email, and I didn’t have any family business work that needed to be finished tonight; so that’s all I have for this update.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!