Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, March 3, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 2, 2014



Okay, I guess that March didn’t end up coming in very much like a lion after all, but we did still get to shovel snow a few times today; and Grandma and Grandpa were delayed by a couple of hours getting home too.

My morning started out dark and early with a pre-breakfast round of shoveling fun with Dad, Jacob, and Michael.  That was the main reason for my invitation to have breakfast with Michael and his family; and the extra work was worth it!  There was another round of driveway and sidewalk clearing after we ate, and while the work wasn’t that tough, it was a lot colder outside; and the second round was a bit uncomfortable while wearing still-damp coats, gloves, and hats.  All of that action meant that I had to rush a shower and getting ready for church; so I cheated a bit with that – though not so much that it’d be noticed by anyone as being an impossible accomplishment.

While we didn’t get the high-end snowfall in the weather forecast, we did get enough that there wasn’t a full house in the sanctuary this morning.  As usual, it was mostly farm families that were staying at home to take care of animals and deal with the problems that bad weather always caused.  Some seniors stayed home too rather than venturing out into the snow; and the deep cold kept most of the youngest infants at home with one or more family members too.  That probably had something to do with why Pastor John kept the service short today – plus we were still getting some snow; and he knew that we were all in for more work until the weather front moved on.

That was certainly true for Michael and me.  We shoveled snow at the Inn after getting there from the church; and I helped out with some lunch prep work after that before heading home to help Mom and Dad while Michael stayed at the Inn.  Dad had already had the driveway more than half-done by then, so I helped him finish that work before going inside to get changed and have lunch.  Form there, we were off to Grandma and Grandpa’s house to shovel some more snow.  We did that; turned the heat up to normal so the house would be comfortable when they got home; topped up the wood and kindling in case they needed it for the fireplace; and then we headed home again in time for me to meet up with Michael, Rowen, and Tim for our afternoon study session during Michael’s break from the Inn.

Dad needed to get to work in the office by then, so Ethan and Ehlana came up to the lounge with us and watched a movie while we studied – though they chatted with us more than they actually watched the show.  We knew by then that Grandma and Grandpa were delayed, but the only change to our plans was that I spent that extra couple of hours playing with Ethan and Ehlana after Michael needed to get back to the Inn and Rowen and Tim moved on; mostly so that Mom and Dad could both work in the office then and take the evening off instead.  Grandma and Grandpa got home at a bit after six; and we all met them at their house to help with unloading the van and hauling luggage up to their bedroom.  ‘All of us’ didn’t include Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack; but that was only because Aunt Leanne nursed Zack before meeting us at the Inn for the late buffet.  Since we did get to have that pre-dinner time with our grandparents, Ethan, Ehlana, and I sat at the table next to the rest of our family; giving Grandma and Grandpa time to talk with their kids and take turns cuddling with Zack while he mostly napped – once the novelty of seeing his grandparents again wore off.  Miranda let Michael and Rebecca join us to eat when they could take a break; timing that for when I was ready to fill a second plate at the buffet tables.

While I’m thinking about that, I occasionally get teased about my capacity to inhale food, and there are more than a few girls – and women – around here who are at least a little jealous that I can do that without the normal side-effects.  I obviously can’t explain that to most of them, but in addition to my hyper-metabolism, my body does self-heal; I’m very active; and using my Magi gifts has a measurable impact too.  There are actually some decent studies on that in the archives if you’re interested; including an optimal dietary plan that can be followed when extended Magi power use is necessary.  That’s quite a few centuries out of date considering the food options now; but the basics are sound enough.  The message I’m trying to convey, though, is that you shouldn’t try to compete with my dietary needs at home unless you have the same physical needs that I do.

I need to move this along because it’s heading toward three o’clock now and I need to get some down time.  Dinner was fun, but that, combined with a visit with Grandma and Grandpa at our house after that until it was time for Ethan and Ehlana to go to bed meant that I didn’t get started on my usual school night lessons and studying until nearly eleven o’clock.  That didn’t give us nearly enough time to hear very many of Grandpa’s travel stories; but the cuddle time was good; and Zack came to life long enough to help with the entertainment before and after Aunt Leanne nursed him again.

Grandma and Grandpa did the bedtime story with Ethan and Ehlana; tucked them in for the night; and then went home with Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne to do the same with Zack before going home to get some sleep.  Yes, they were exhausted by then, but stayed up late on purpose to try and help them get adjusted to home time.  Once we’d seen them out with extra hugs and kisses, Mom did my Magi lesson with me while Dad cleaned up and made sure that he had everything ready for work in the morning.  Since it was already getting late by then, Mom kept my lesson fairly short; and I was in my room by eleven-thirty.

I was in need of some Jacuzzi time by then, so I multi-tasked the language studies with a long soak in the tub.  Doing my hair required taking a break from the work; but then I got right back to it again once I was tucked into bed with Mandy for the night.  The archive homework took an hour; I followed that up with some family business work; and then wrapped up with my usual nightly computer checks.  The main email news from my favorite college teens is that they’re all getting ready for their upcoming mid-term exams.  That’s not as big of a deal as it was during the two rounds of exams in their first semester because they do have the experience now; but there is still some stress anyway.

While they’re focused on exams, though, I’m more excited about getting to see Violet, Dillon, Christina, and Josiah when they’re home for March Break.  I wish that Jake and Stephanie could come home too; but I’m sure they’ll have fun with their week off – even if they will be studying while spending that time together somewhere in New York.  Mom’s working on some plans for March Break that will include some play time for me with Dawn and Jillian; but that hasn’t been finalized yet – other than that they’ll be coming here for a few days; and while Violet and Dillon are here too.  I’ll keep you posted on that as I get more information – or, since you’re reading this in my future; you could always jump ahead a couple of weeks of journal entries if you can’t wait to find out! ;^)

Anyway, I guess all that’s left for the update tonight is a quick look at the week ahead.  Groundbreaking is supposed to start on the medical center building tomorrow, but that might be delayed a bit because of the snow and cold.  Tomorrow is also the third anniversary of the day Rowen and I found out about each other when she fell on the stairs by the falls.  Too bad we won’t have a nice warm day like that again tomorrow instead of the deep freeze that’ll be with us for at least another couple of days.

The only big family event this week is Uncle Adam’s thirtieth birthday on Friday; and that won’t affect me very much because Aunt Leanne is taking him to Crystal Springs for a five-star sleepover.  Zack will be with us overnight, and we’re going to do a birthday breakfast on Friday morning; but that’s about it for our end of things.  I’m sure that Aunt Leanne would have liked to do a full weekend away; but had to juggle that with wanting to spend time with Zack too.  So other than the Friday night babysitting, there isn’t anything major planned for the weekend; and this could end up being a fairly quiet week.

With March Break coming up in just two weeks, that’s probably a good thing; since I definitely want to be rested up and ready to have some fun while we’re getting that week away from school!  I won’t be getting much rest toward that goal tonight, but that’s all I have for now; and it’s past-time to get what sleep I can now, so...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!