Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 15, 2014



If the weather is a factor in determining the name of this holiday; then sunny day with temperatures into the seventies definitely qualifies this as Spring Break – though it’s going to be much colder tomorrow.  That’s only going to last for one day; and it’s supposed to be nicer again on Monday.

Our first day of our vacation has been awesome – at least from my perspective.  I missed having Michael with us for Tai Chi, but he was working the breakfast shift at the Inn so he could have more time to hang out with Tim, Rowen, and me once we were available to play for the day.  While I missed the good morning hugs and kisses – and Tai Chi – with Michael; having Rowen with us for breakfast was great; and Dad went with the full country breakfast to fuel us up for a busy morning of chores.  That started for me as soon as Rowen left to meet up with her parents at the computer store; and I worked straight through until lunchtime.  Nearly everything I did except for cleaning my own rooms was outdoors; and Dad and I both loved being out in the fresh air for a few hours.  The father-daughter time was nice too, and I was again reminded that we don’t get to do that very often – whether it’s working or playing.  We’re both just too busy.

Let’s add that the my list of things that never end up happening; and maybe we’ll manage to have a few of those special moments now and then even if we don’t get a chance to do much where we’re not in groups with friends and family.  I’m sure that’s one more thing that is different for me because of my perspective from years of having Mom’s undivided attention and us counting on each other; but I’d also never change anything now in trade for more one-on-one time with either of my parents.

The early spring chores continued today, and while we won’t need to mow the lawn for a little while yet, we have a big yard; and there is a lot of work to keep up with.  My jobs included cleaning up winter debris from along the river; and raking out the flower gardens.  The truck and van got washed again too so they’d be shiny and clean for the trips to the city they’d each be making on Monday.  Most of the other jobs were small, and while Dad had other work to get done today; I was set free shortly after Michael came over after finishing up at the Inn until he needed to be back for the dinner rush.  He’d stayed at the Inn all morning until the prep work was done for the lunch rush, and he helped me finish my last chore; but then we both had almost the entire afternoon off to play.

Mom had an easy-lunch nearly ready by then, so we ate quickly before getting our bikes; hooking up the trailer; and taking Ethan and Ehlana for a ride.  We collected Rowen and Tim along the way; and then we all went for a ride north of town.  That hour-long tour around the country roads was a blast, and we followed that up with a visit to the Emporium for ice cream, drinks, and snacks before we biked over to the park for our little picnic and some playground fun.  While it wasn’t in our afternoon plans, a pick-up football game was put together after a few guys who’d started tossing a football around attracted enough guys for a small scrimmage – including Michael and Tim.

Okay, they attracted you too, Ethan, and Michael helped you join in for a few plays; but they didn’t count you on the team – unless you include that extra man on the field penalty joke the other team tried to use when you and Michael scored that touchdown.

The field was fairly soft, and Rowen and I weren’t at all interested in playing today; but we ended up having lots of company to chat with while sitting on the bleachers with Ehlana and watching the action.  Some of the girls were there with boyfriends, the same as we were; but others were there to check out the guys – especially a handful of visiting cousins and friends.  By the time Michael or Tim reads this it won’t matter to them; but Rowen and I were particularly interested in the girls who were happily checking out our boyfriends with a bit too much interest.

No, we weren’t jealous or worried; though Rowen was a bit annoyed by Tim’s reaction to the attention.  He likes it and tries to show off even more than usual, and Rowen wishes he was more like Michael; since my boyfriend pretends not to notice – even though he does.  He’s a normal guy and it is an ego boost for him too; but he also tries his best not to give off any signals that might be taken the wrong way – particularly with teenage girls.

The football action meant that we needed to wrap up our play afternoon early enough that Michael could stop in at home and get changed and cleaned up before going back to the Inn; and I ended up going home with just Ethan and Ehlana when Rowen and Tim decided to go over to his house and hang out there until dinnertime.  I took the twins inside first; put my bike and the trailer away next; and then we did a little afternoon recap with Mom in the kitchen while she worked on our dinner and Dad was busy in the office.  Spaghetti with veal cutlets is one of my favorite meals, and while I didn’t help with that; I did toss the salad and get the garlic bread with cheese ready to put into the oven while Mom threw an apple crisp together to have for dessert.

Dad took a couple of hours off from work to eat, help with the clean-up, and then go for a walk with Mom, Ethan, Ehlana, and me that included some cameo chats along the way; but then he went back to work again while Mom and I took care of bath time for Ethan and Ehlana.  We got that done by the time Michael came over again after finishing at the Inn; and he and I took my brother and sister up to the lounge to watch a movie and cuddle with them.

Without company around to worry about, we picked ‘The Pacifier’, and while it’s hardly a best-ever kind of movie; Ethan and Ehlana sure enjoyed it more than some of the shows they’re stuck with when they have to play ‘normal’ toddlers.  I guess that’s one down side I’ll give them compared to when I was their age.  I never had to worry about things like that when it was just Mom and me.  Of course I also couldn’t stream movies to my iPad or computer; hook up a hard drive to my television; or watch shows in high-definition like they can now.  Oh well, at least I didn’t have to walk ten miles each way to and from school like Grandpa Grant did – up hill both ways; in fifteen feet of snow; while dodging dinosaurs that tried to have the kids and teens for breakfast or afternoon snacks.

It should be fun finding out how wild those stories can get the longer I live here.  Even Lee’s farm equipment bench-pressing legend has grown a lot in just a few years; though the funniest thing about that is the fact that the real story would be even wilder than the legend-in-the-making.

While I loved spending that time with my brother and sister, I was also good with having some alone time with Michael when the movie was over and we handed them off to Mom and Dad to do their bedtime story and tuck them in for the night on their way to bed.  Since we’d already watched one Vin Diesel movie, Michael and I decided to watch the latest installment in the Riddick series.  We didn’t let watching that get in the way of some quality play time; and we were both very happy campers by the time he needed to head home for twelve-thirty.

It was raining and getting cooler by then, but I still went outside to share one last goodnight kiss or three with Michael before watching him run home and share those last smiles and waves before we both went inside.  Mandy was already sleeping on my bed by the time I got upstairs again, and she ignored me when I jostled her while getting into bed too and settling down with my computer.  While I wasn’t planning on doing much more than writing this and checking my email, Rowen was online too, so we had a chat; and I took care of a pair of work-related email while we exchanged messages and told each other about what we’d each been doing with our boyfriends and families.

That was fun, but I’ve gone two nights in a row with staying up late; and I’m ready for some downtime now.  Tomorrow is going to mostly be another play day for Ethan, Ehlana, and me; though I’m also going to help out at the Inn for the buffet shift.  My plans for tomorrow night include some Jacuzzi time and heading off to bed early so I’ll be ready for three days of fun in the city; and I hope that works out since I’m fairly sure that we’ll have some more fun, late nights ahead of us while we’re in Crystal Springs.

Michael and I are thirteen, and we’ll be watching Ethan and Ehlana each night; so don’t take that the wrong way.  Then again, I don’t have to have toddler chaperones in my dreams, and on that note; I’m suddenly feeling very sleepy. ;^)

Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!