Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 29, 2014



This has been another very long day; though it was the spring clean-up work that has me tired out; which is a change from the usual, more mental work load that usually has me in the same condition most other nights.  The good news is that I didn’t let being tired out get in the way of some Michael and me play time tonight during the couple of hours of alone time we managed to have between the time we tucked the twins in for the night and when Michael needed to go home for the night.  Before I get to that, though; let’s do the review of the work parts of the day – which was pretty much the rest of the time from shortly after Tai Chi until after dinner.

Michael came over for Tai Chi, but then he left right away to get started on his own morning chores.  I didn’t cook breakfast or clean up the kitchen after we ate today, but I did take care of Ethan and Ehlana while Mom and Dad were busy before breakfast; and then I was outside and working in the yard right after we finished eating.  The to-do list was extensive, and wasn’t going to be finished this weekend anyway; but we did our best to make a serious dent in it.  My chores are getting appropriately more challenging for my age, and while there are some good things about that; not every new job is particularly pleasant.

Living in a big house is great, but keeping everything maintained is equally big – and I’m not just talking about the usual chores that go with having a big yard and lots of rooms to clean.  Today, Dad and I checked out everything from the furnace to the eaves and roof.  Some of that work was regular maintenance, but there were a whole raft of minor, winter-damage repairs to make.  I’m not at all afraid of heights, so working on ladders with Dad wasn’t a problem; but I did learn some practical lessons about planning ahead when working at the top of extremely tall extension ladders – like making sure that you have everything you need for the job the first time you climb the ladder.  Making that climb and descent too many times gets very tiring – especially when you’re hauling tools and supplies with you.

By the way, in case you’re wondering; I was completely safe the entire time – even without the obvious Magi-power backup.  We have all of the proper safety gear, and Dad made sure that I used the straps and a harness – not that I was really in any danger of a slip or fall anyway.  Magi Masters aren’t immune to injury, but we do have reflexes that allow us to react and avoid most minor accidents.

Returning to the work report, while the minor house maintenance kept us busy all morning, Dad and I moved on to the yard work as it warmed up a bit in the afternoon.  That included a bit of work on the storage barn; gardening; tree trimming; and a once-over of the dock.  That last job had Dad deciding that it was time to replace the dock this year; though he was also sure that we could get another year out of the old one.  He just doesn’t want to do the work on this one to do that and then need to replace it next year anyway.  The water is too cold to do that work now; so that’ll be a job for sometime in May or June when it’s a bit warmer.

Dad and I kept working until nearly seven o’clock; leaving just enough time for a quick clean-up before sitting down to the late dinner Mom had ready by the time we did that and were ready to eat.  Ethan and Ehlana took care of most of the dinner conversation, and though they helped Mom with some chores this morning; they had play time in the afternoon that included going to the park for some play time with Alicia.  I haven’t mentioned Alicia in my journal in quite a while, and I guess that’s just another example of how my life is changing now that I’m a teen and have a boyfriend.  Alicia still has her two after-school nights a week and helps out on most Saturdays unless we’re busy with something else – or she is.  Since her usual weeknights are Tuesday and Thursday, she’s usually done already by the time I get home from band and studying at the computer store on Tuesday; and I’m at the Inn most Thursday nights.  It’s not as though I’d spend much time with her even if I was here, but maybe that’ll change a bit when she starts putting in more time again this summer – at least until she goes away to college in August.

I wonder who Mom will replace her with.  Oh, wait; maybe I’m not in that much of a hurry to find out! ;^)

My first order of business after helping with the dinner clean-up was to grab a badly needed shower.  I’m sure that Michael was as interested in some quality alone time as I was; but he would have soon changed his mind if I hadn’t showered and changed first.  That’s one case where having heightened senses is both good and bad for me.  I’m not going to start a chat on teen body odor issues; so let’s move along to the much more interesting end to my day.

I was finished doing my hair and changed into something appropriate for cuddling – and making out – with Michael by the time he came over after being set free from the Inn.  Ethan and Ehlana were ready for bed by then, but Michael and I spent some time playing with them before doing their bedtime story and snack with Mom and Dad and then tucking them in for the night.  We came up to the lounge after that, and enjoyed that couple of hours of play time I mentioned at the beginning of this update.  Michael made sure that I wasn’t interested in napping; I made sure that he wasn’t interested in anything except me; and we both enjoyed creating some really hot, sweet memories together.

In fact, I’d rather be replaying those memories and dreaming about Michael and me right now instead of dragging this report out any longer; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!