Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 8, 2014



I worked pretty much all day until finishing the post-dinner clean-up with Dad; had a little play time with Ethan and Ehlana between then and when Michael came over; and then promptly fell asleep on him – literally – after we tucked my brother and sister into their beds for the night.

So we got to have that alone time; but I slept for almost all of it while Michael had to settle for cuddling with me and watching the movie we hadn’t actually planned on watching at all when we picked it out.

I’m awake now because of that nap, though I don’t plan on staying awake too much longer.  Michael went home at a bit after eleven when Mom and Dad checked in on us on their way to bed and found me out cold.  The movie was just ending then anyway, so Michael decided to leave, and even though they sent me to bed with hugs and kisses instead of letting me see Michael out; I wasn’t able to get right back to sleep after getting changed and climbing into bed with Mandy.

That’s why I’ve been doing my usual nightly computing since then and listening to some music while waiting to be tired enough to rest again.  It would be fairer to admit that I’m annoyed with myself for falling asleep and missing out on that alone time opportunity with Michael – especially since that might have been the only chance we’ll have for that kind of play time until next weekend.  Let’s not think about that too much, and I’ll just write about the rest of the action today.

Mom and Dad skipped Tai Chi this morning and took care of Zack instead while Michael and I exercised with Ethan and Ehlana.  I didn’t end up getting very much sleep last night; and that was a big part of why I was so tired tonight.  Michael stayed for breakfast, but then he went home to his own morning chores while Dad and I got to work around our house and yard and Mom took care of Zack and the twins.

She got some help by mid-morning from Grandma and Grandpa when they took Zack for the rest of the day until Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne got home from their city sleepover; and then she joined in to help with the work for the rest of the morning and most of the afternoon.  While we had a lot of housework to do that included getting guest bedrooms ready for March Break; Dad and I did a fair bit of work outdoors too.  For me, the highlights of those chores were getting some canoes ready in case the weather cooperates and we can use them over March Break; and tuning up some bikes and the bike trailer so we can start using them again too.

It wasn’t very much above freezing today, but since the temperature could climb into the sixties over the next few days; biking is definitely a possibility this week – and hopefully while we’re on our spring holiday too.

There were less-exciting jobs too today.  Washing the truck and minivan when it’s cold out isn’t nearly as much fun as it can be in July or August; but they were both way overdue for a good cleaning and it was warm enough that they could dry without worrying about water freezing the doors, locks, or windows.  We cleaned up some downed tree branches in the back yard; took care of a little building repair to the storage barn; and dealt with a dozen other little chores during the three hours or so we spent outdoors.  Some of the work inside was more fun because we had a bit of Magi play time with Ethan and Ehlana.  Cleaning Violet’s room with Telekinesis was entertaining; and the twins especially loved sending a line of floating clothes from the laundry room up to their bedrooms; folding them in mid-air; and then placing everything neatly into drawers or on hangers in their closets.

Our lunch and dinner meals were both quick and easy, but hot and filling too; and there were Olde Bakery desserts for both of those work breaks.  My play time after dinner with Ethan and Ehlana included some music play time in my room; and a little Magi-powered tag and hide-and-seek.  Those are games we’re really just experimenting with; but Ethan and Ehlana have fun even though they can’t really do anything that actually works to either hide from me or keep away when we play tag.

Yes, I could play along like normal teens and adults do when playing games like that with toddlers; but that kind of thing doesn’t work with my brother and sister the way it does with other toddlers.  It isn’t as though they can’t do anything to counter my own abilities; and the practice does help to strengthen their talents – even if they can’t do things like time phasing or phase-shifting transmutations.  I have to be very fast to tag them when they use air shields; and we have a few extra rules for hide and seek to keep it from being too easy for me to find them.  Those games also help to tire them out; which is why they were ready to go to bed by not long after Michael came over after finishing up at the Inn.

Yes, that probably contributed to why I fell asleep on Michael too; but I was already really tired by then anyway.  I’m pretty much ready to nap again now too, and don’t have any other news to report for today; so I guess that’s it for tonight and it’s time to head back to sleep.  Until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!