Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cassie's Journal - March 6, 2014



We’re going to be up extra early tomorrow morning so that we can get over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house in time to help with making his special birthday breakfast; so this is going to be one of those short updates.

To that end, I’m going to skip over the non-news from this morning and my school day; since there really wasn’t much going on other than the normal school day action.  You could say that about our after school study time at the Inn too; though having Olde Bakery snacks should never be considered ‘ordinary’; and Miranda always has Olde Bakery treats for us on Thursdays.  Working in the kitchen was fairly quiet again tonight; but there won’t be many more nights like that now that we’re just about a week away from the start of March Break.  Business will pick up nearly everywhere in town as we move into spring; and it will be a little busier every year now as our future plans come together.

Rebecca and I had fun hanging out together tonight; and I spent more time with her than Michael while we were in the kitchen because he was helping out more with the dishes than the prep work.  We mostly talked about the latest teen news and plans for the coming weekend and March Break; but what we talked about wasn’t as important to me as the friendship time.  The social gulf between Grade Eight and Nine still intrudes regularly when we’re at school, and spending time together doesn’t seem to work out for us except when I’m hanging out with Michael at the Inn or their house; so those moments are something that I’m very grateful for.

While it was a quiet dinner sitting tonight, we had a pretty good turn-out for game night – possibly because some people will be too busy getting ready for March Break plans to come to game night.  Michael and I had Ethan and Ehlana with us for most of the evening; so the four of us had a lot of fun – and didn’t do very well in the competition.  Michael and I get compared to his parents when we don’t do very well at game night, and I guess it might look like we’re a lot the same because Michael’s personality is so much like his father’s; but he is as competitive as I am – even if he doesn’t show it the same way that Miranda or I do.  One thing that we do both seem to have in common with his father, though, is that we can also appreciate the value of winning from the perspective of having the most fun.  I’d still rather win the competition too; but I’ve never been disappointed when we haven’t either.

Maybe I should try applying that philosophy to my baseball games next season; but I probably won’t be able to do that.

That’s gone off-track a bit, and I’m not exactly making this a short update; so let’s move this along.

I stayed after the gaming was over to help with the clean-up and breakfast set-up; and then I walked home with Michael and his family.  Warmer weather today is relative to the recent deep freeze, but that doesn’t mean it was warm out tonight; and our goodnight hugs and kisses were fairly short before I continued on to my house and Michael went followed his parents and sister into their place.  Mom and Dad had the twins ready for their bedtime story and snack by the time I got home; so we did that together before getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night and moving on to my Magi lesson.

Mom kept that fairly short; I combined the bit of work and nightly computing with a bit of Jacuzzi time; and only had this and my email to take care of after getting into bed with Mandy.  I’ve skipped most of my studying, and only took care of a couple of little jobs for the family business that I didn’t want to leave undone; but getting the extra sleep is more important tonight.  There won’t be much ‘extra’ rest if I don’t get to it soon, though, so until next time...

...Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!