Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 9, 2013



Our first baseball practice of the season was cancelled.  I know that isn’t exactly a world-changing event, but I was really looking forward to playing with Rebecca, Jenny, and the other older girls again.

The rain put a damper on the rest of the day too, and I don’t really have much to report today.  It was comparatively quiet at school.  The top Grade Seven topic was Nora’s birthday party tomorrow night, but not being invited also has the effect of having our classmates attempt to avoid us when talking about it.  Rowen and I were on our own for the lunchtime music practice because Michael was doing something else with Tim and some of their friends.

I’d been expecting a short work session after school, but with the practice cancellation, I was able to put in extra time on the family business; and Mom could have dinner ready for the normal game-night time.  It was still raining off and on by the time we’d finished eating and cleaning up, so we took the minivan over to the Inn when it was time to go there; and we were early enough to help out with setting up the games.

There was a bit of tweeird zone action tonight, but other than getting a few comments about it from Aunt Leanne; I was only a spectator.  Nora brought Vanessa with her, and she made sure that Vanessa was teamed up with Michael.  He was definitely deep in the tweeird zone all evening, but I stayed out of the way; kept my mouth shut; and tried not to make things any stranger for Michael than they already were.

Sorry, Rowen, but helping you to a three-peat junior championship would have definitely been noticed and commented on – not to mention that we shouldn’t be able to win that consistently when we’re playing against the older teens.  Look at the bright side: you won last week with Michael; and he and Vanessa weren’t even top ten.

I’m sure that Aunt Leanne will have something to say to me about Michael’s goodnight hug and kiss when most of the gamers were heading home tonight, but that’s because I wasn’t the one giving him that hug and kiss; and Vanessa went with something a fair bit more serious than a friendly little peck on the lips.  Thankfully, Aunt Leanne didn’t say anything to me while Michael or Vanessa was around, and she and Uncle Adam didn’t come home with us; so that little aunt-niece chat will have to wait.

Rowen didn’t want to wait until tomorrow to talk about that, and we had a little chat on our computers earlier when I first went to bed and started doing my nightly studying.  Getting Vanessa to chase after Michael again isn’t part of some new matchmaking plan for me, but Rowen’s a bit baffled about why I’m not jealous – even conceding the fact that I haven’t crossed over.  I can’t explain that to her without revealing things she’s not allowed to know, so what I did say didn’t really explain anything.  She thinks I’m in denial, but that’s one thing about me that probably really is different from most people – I don’t really ever feel jealous about anything or anyone.

I think that part of that is because when you have the Sight, you need to be accepting of everything that goes into creating the possible futures you see; and jealousy is one of those emotions that could lead to madness.  The rest of that equation, for me, is that I’ve always been happy for anything good that others have that I might wish for too; but never jealous if it was something I didn’t have.  The biggest one in my life was probably not having a ‘real’ family before Mom and Dad got married.  I was never jealous of the kids who did have both parents; brothers and sisters; and the whole extended family even though that was my biggest, most secret wish for Mom and me to have that too.

If you’re reading this in the distant future, and don’t know me, please don’t misinterpret that.  I have lots of other ‘normal’ human emotional issues – and don’t forget that we’ve established that I pretty much suck at being a tween.

Let’s move along.  Rowen chatted with me for three-quarters of an hour, and the studying has been a bit on the boring side tonight.  I’m wrapping up a bit earlier tonight because I’m running out of steam – and so that I can get an extra hour or so of nap time to be ready for the sleepover Rowen and I will be starting our weekend out with here.

The only problem I expect to have is that not dreaming about soft, fuzzy bunnies isn’t going to work tonight; and I’ll be in tweeird zone dreamland tonight.  I’ll let you know how that worked out with the next report, but...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!