Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 1, 2013



Welcome to the family, Leah Elizabeth Ayres!

So much for having a boring day compared to Rebecca, Jenny, and the rest of the Grade Eight class; though that theory did work just fine until Aunt Deborah went into labor while having dinner with Uncle Nick.  After that, it was fun, fun, fun – for those of us who weren’t personally giving birth, or the baby being delivered.

Leah was born at two thirty-four in the morning after more than nine hours of labor.  I was at the clinic for most of that time, though Mom, Dad, and I needed to get Ethan and Ehlana fed, packed, and dropped off for a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa.  There was a waiting room full of family at the clinic, and Uncle Adam had lots of medical help from his grandparents – and from Mom and me when we gave Aunt Deborah the same gift that Uncle Adam and I gave Mom when the twins were born.

With some non-Magi at the clinic, it was interesting to watch how Uncle Adam, his grandparents, and Uncle Nick handled the shielding and empathic links for Leah.  I didn’t help with that, but got to be in on some of the telepathic conversations; and Uncle Adam is doing Magi births differently since learning so much from Mom.  While Uncle Adam and I haven’t made up a formal scale to measure Magi, Latent, and normal auras, but I think that Leah will be about as strong as Naomi; though it’s too early to know what all of her talents will be.

Aunt Deborah and Leah are both doing just fine, and maybe even better than some members of their family; since we’re all exhausted.  It’s past four-thirty as I write this; and Mom, Dad, and I only got home about fifteen minutes ago.  I’m exhausted, but still fired up too.  We’ll see how long that lasts into the school day once the adrenaline wears off and I’ve only had a short nap.

There were other things happening today, but I really do need to get what rest I can, so I’ll do the condensed version.

Mom, Dad, and I had another beautiful morning for Tai Chi by the river, but we started getting a dash or two of rain later in the morning; and had some thunder-showers roll through in the afternoon and evening.  The highlight of my school day was a rainy day bonus music practice at lunchtime with Rowen and Michael.  The rest of the day was pretty good, but uneventful.  My family business work would be considered scary by most kids and teens – I worked on back-to-school plans – and we’re still more than a month and a half away from the end of this school year.

While at the clinic tonight, though I spent a fair bit of time in the waiting room with everyone else, I did get my usual nightly studying done too by spending a couple of hours in Uncle Adam’s little office where I could do that work without having anyone who doesn’t know about my secret identity seeing what I was doing.  That’s probably a good thing, because I may need to take tonight off and catch up on my sleep instead.

Anyway, I really do need to try to get that nap started, or I’ll just end up staying awake, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!