Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 30, 2013



I spent some quality time in the tweeird zone tonight, but had a lot of fun anyway.

Before I get to that part of the day, we started the morning out with another indoor Tai Chi workout, and followed that up with a fruit and bagels breakfast before Dad and I needed to get ready for work and school.  Our second-to-last exam prep day was mostly serious, if for no other reason than because most of the high school teens were serious about getting ready for their finals.  That doesn’t mean there wasn’t any goofing around – that might be impossible when you have any group of tween guys in the same room; but even Tim managed to tone it down a half dozen notches for the occasion.

My entry into the tweeird zone coincided approximately with getting home from school with everyone in our study group.  Ethan and Ehlana helped me out with that by immediately welcoming Michael with hugs and kisses – even before they did that with Rowen and me.  There is no way that wasn’t intentional, but while watching that may have annoyed Vanessa; even she and Nora would have to admit that it was adorable.  I wanted to have a quick chat with Mom and the twins before getting to the studying, so Rowen led everyone else upstairs to the lounge while I did that.  Mom knew that my ball practice had been cancelled by then, and she suggested a frozen pizza and wings night for dinner; and offered to feed my study group so we could stay and work late now that Rowen and I didn’t have baseball.

That invitation was eventually accepted by everyone, but I was wading deeper into the tweeird zone when I walked into the lounge and found out that all of my friends were next door in my bedroom.

It’s a good thing I didn’t leave any bras hanging around anywhere!

Just kidding – I never do that.

Rowen was doing the tour for the benefit of our classmates who hadn’t seen my rooms before; even if they had all heard about them.  It was time for some more of the usual teasing about being spoiled, and Michael came to my defense by suggesting that Dad had just spent all of the money in one shot that the rest of their parents had spent on them from birth until they were nine or ten – and had the bonus of no diapers, baby barf, and other baby issues with me.  While our friends thought that was funny, and I appreciated the help; Vanessa and Nora were not quite as amused or happy as the rest of us.  I was ready to move into the lounge and get studying by then, but Denise and Lily wanted to hear me play something on my keyboard for them first.  The fact that I was learning to play the piano was news to most of my classmates, since I really didn’t talk about that much at school, but Denise and Lily were the only two girls showing any real interest.

That changed when Rowen suggested having Michael use my saxophone and playing a duet with me.  She was completely unapologetic when we had a little talk about that after everyone else went home tonight; but I really could have lived without the vibes Vanessa and Nora were sending my way pretty much from that moment on.  Having said that, Rowen knows that I love playing music with Michael; we had fun playing that little demonstration; and that’s why I can’t really get all that upset about the whole set-up.  We also seriously impressed our friends – including the two who didn’t want to admit that even to themselves.

Fortunately, we moved into the lounge right after that.  While everyone else spread out around the room and got ready to study, Rowen helped me with filling drink orders and putting out bowls of snacks.  Though the lounge had been the starting point of Rowen’s tour, the novelty of having a stocked fridge and a bunch of snack options at my disposal earned some more tweeird zone attention.  There were some fun parts to studying in my lounge too.  Lily and Marc thought that it was cool to sit in the window alcove while they worked, and the other couples felt the same way about the sectional sofa – or two out of three of them did.  Michael and Vanessa weren’t having as much fun as Tim and Nora, and Denise and Kris were.  Rowen and I were safely at the table with Gil and Allen; and in no romantic danger from either boy.  The fact that they only noticed us through the brainiac bookworm hole that Rowen in particular had been pegged into since Kindergarten bugged her a bit, but I was a happy camper.

I thought that our studying was more fun tonight, and more relaxed even when drifting in and out of the tweeird zone.  Part of that was because most of us were more comfortable; the pizza and wings dinner break was a blast thanks to Ethan and Ehlana’s entertainment.  The tweeird zone part of that break in the study action came courtesy of having six tween and teen boys in the house.  Five out of six of them couldn’t resist having a few contests to show off for the girls, and though Michael tried to stay out of that goofiness, Ethan was a bit too happy to play along; so Michael didn’t completely escape.  The other boys let Ethan win one of their contests, but only after Dad pointed out that Ethan did eat eight slices of pizza; and they hadn’t specified full slices as opposed to the eight two-toddler-bite slices Mom had custom-sliced for Ethan.  I am so glad that he didn’t win the pop guzzling or burping contests.

The ongoing studying got me out of the post-dinner clean-up, but Mom had gone with the fine Chinette, cans of pop, and we didn’t need utensils for pizza and wings; so there wasn’t much work to do anyway.  After returning to the lounge, we worked until a bit after eight when Vanessa and Nora decided that they’d had enough for the day; and took Tim and Michael with them when they left.  Michael did not look particularly enthusiastic to be going along to Nora’s house for a little wind down time; but he hadn’t been left with a reasonable way out without getting his best friend in trouble with Nora.

Everyone else except Rowen started packing up then too, though it was closer to eight-thirty before we were alone – and could have a little girl chat time before she went home too at nine o’clock.  In addition to having fun teasing me about setting up that little musical interlude and pointing out that Michael and I had made beautiful music together; Rowen spent most of that time advising me that I’d save Michael a lot of grief with Vanessa and Nora if I’d just hurry up; cross over; and jump into the dating game with him.  I had the same answer for that as always, but Rowen seemed to be more impatient than usual to have me join her on the other side of that line.

We’re going to continue to agree to disagree on this particular issue; Rowen will certainly keep working as a matchmaking volunteer for Aunt Leanne; and I won’t cross over until I’m ready to do that.

Moving along, once my guests had all left, Mom had me help her with Ethan and Ehlana’s bedtime routine; she did a Magi Healing lesson with me once they were tucked in; and then I got started on my real studies after getting changed and snuggled in bed with Mandy for the night.  It was already after eleven by the time I got started, but since I don’t expect to get as much work done next week while dealing with our exams; I decided to spend an hour and a half each on languages and my archive assignment.  After getting that done, I started in on my nightly computing and email checks, and needed to deal with a couple of family business issues before getting started on this journal update.

It’s now a bit closer to three than two; I’m baked; and don’t have any other news to report, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!