Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 18, 2013



I’m currently in my Jacuzzi, and it’s only going on nine o’clock, but I’m multi-tasking; and plan on climbing into bed with Mandy fairly soon and crashing for the night.

The yard work that Dad and I kept busy with from shortly after finishing breakfast until we stopped to have dinner at a bit after seven is the main reason I’m this tired; but my day also started out at around three o’clock this morning too.

If Ethan and Ehlana were playing matchmaker then, they must have been planning it in their sleep.  They didn’t seem at all surprised to need to go inside for washroom breaks at the exact same time, and though I offered to take Ethan and Ehlana so Michael could stay in his tent and go back to sleep; he came along too and carried Ethan while I carried Ehlana.  The twins went to sleep right away again; though I needed to tuck Ethan in first again; and Ehlana had Michael and I both laughing when she tucked him in before we went back to our tent again.

Unfortunately for me, that little spurt of action had me wide awake; and I left the tent so I hopefully wouldn’t wake Rowen or Ehlana again while I was restless.  It was a beautiful night, and I stretched out on the dock and stared up at the star-filled sky.  I wasn’t the only one having trouble getting back to sleep; and I wasn’t surprised when Michael joined me.  The folded blanket that he put under my head was unexpected – and welcomed; and so was the bottle of water he gave me.  The dock isn’t wide enough for two people to lie down, but Michael lay down too so that we were head-to-head; and sharing the blanket-pillow.

That felt strange for a few moments, but that passed, and we just laid there, watching the stars; and talking quietly about everything from astronomy and science to favorite space science fiction.  I didn’t exactly lose track of those two hours, but it didn’t seem like nearly that long.  Michael sat up first and then he looked at me for a long moment; smiled; leaned over; and kissed my forehead before standing up.  He helped me up too, and didn’t let go of my hand again until we reached the tents.  We hugged, and then went into our own tents to try and nap for another hour or so before we’d need to be awake again.

I have no idea how much of that time Rowen had been awake for, but she only mumbled out “we’ll talk later” when I was climbing into my sleeping bag; and let me have that little nap.  She made sure that we had that talk before going to the computer store after breakfast, and I’m expecting to get teased about sharing a pillow with Michael while we were camping; and the rest of the details won’t matter to anyone – especially Aunt Leanne or Miranda.

Only having a few hours of sleep wasn’t a problem first thing this morning.  I was ready to go when Mom and Dad came outside for Tai Chi, and Ethan and Ehlana kept Michael and Rowen entertained while we were exercising.  I didn’t say anything, but I did notice that Michael tried to imitate some of the hand movements of our forms while playing with Ethan; and that reminded me just a little too much of some of Uncle Adam’s stories from that summer after Aunt Leanne’s first year of college.

The next couple of hours were a bit crazy.  Mom took Ethan and Ehlana in with her to get them ready for the day, and Dad cooked breakfast while Rowen, Michael, and I blasted through a quick camp cleanup.  We had the tents and gear put away, and Rowen’s and Michael’s bags were packed by the time Dad had breakfast ready to go.  We ate at the patio table on the back porch; and then Michael stayed to help me with the kitchen cleanup while Rowen went to have a shower and get ready for work at the computer store.

As I mentioned already, Dad and I started the yard work after that, and except for two snack breaks and a half hour off t lunch; we worked until everything was done and ready for the holiday weekend.  We ate that meal at the table on the back porch too; and barely had time to do that before the first spatters of rain hit.  It felt good to get all of that work out of the way today, so I’ll agree with Dad that the timing for the rain was pretty good – even though nearly every other tween I know would have rather gone with a rain-shortened work day if they had the choice.

Let’s speed this up – I’m ready to get out of the tub; into bed; and off to sleep.  We finished eating and had moved inside before the rain really started coming down.  I helped with the kitchen clean-up; and then left Ethan and Ehlana to entertain Mom and Dad until their bedtime while I came upstairs to get started on my Jacuzzi time.  I’m planning on cheating to get my hair dry; and will probably be asleep before Ethan and Ehlana even get tucked in for the night.

That’s all for now, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!