Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 22, 2013



We’ve had another nice day here, and now that we’re really closing in on the holiday weekend; it’s the top story for most kids and teens at school.

My report includes the time I spent getting ready for the weekend, but the time that Rowen and I spent with Liz while getting our hair done was all fun and no work – at least for us.  Our Moms had booked those appointments for right after school, so we’d gone to the salon from there; and then we split up after that so we could each get to our part-time jobs.

I haven’t written anything in my journal this week about the Tornados in Oklahoma, and that’s mostly because Mom was able to deal with anything our charities needed for their first response to the worst-hit areas.  There were a couple of things I could do to help tonight, though; and I really loved getting involved – especially since my efforts were directed at helping the kids and their families.

Ethan and Ehlana were working in the office too while I was busy with my end of the family business.  They’re busy getting ready for their Grade Eleven final exams, but they started talking tornados after seeing what I’d been working on.  I’m sure that every Magi has wondered about what it would take to prevent something like that, and though Ethan and Ehlana have already learned why we shouldn’t try and the potential for even more serious unintended consequences; that didn’t stop them from calculating the likely energy output of that two-mile wide tornado; different ways to dissipate that energy; and how doing that would affect local and regional weather.

I’m pretty good at science, but they’re amazing, and Ehlana in particular is off-the-charts brilliant in that particular subject.  Considering one of her main roles in our future plans, that’s convenient; and it’s a bonus that she loves science too.

Mom and Dad let us work until dinner was ready, and then we were all busy for the next few hours while we ate; cleaned up; and Mom and Dad played baseball with their friends at the park.  Rowen came over after dinner, and she and I took Ethan and Ehlana to the park too; though we spent most of our time at the playground while Mom and Dad were busy.  Emma Norton hung out with us too after she got there with her parents; and we added Naomi to the gang when Philip dropped her off with us before going on to the Fix-it Uppers’ practice.  He teased us that Liz hadn’t come along too because she’d needed to have a nap after trying to keep up with Rowen and me while she was doing our hair.

From that point on it was a fairly standard parents’ baseball practice night.  We were at the park until it started getting dark; went home; did Magi lessons; and put Ethan and Ehlana to bed after dunking them in the tub to wash off the parts of the playground they’d brought home with them.  I spent some time with my Jacuzzi after that for the same reason; and have been doing my last bedtime study night of the week since then.

That’s all added up to another long day and I’ve stayed up later than I should have, but everything that I wanted to get done is finished; and I can hopefully catch up on my sleep tomorrow night.  I’ve had enough entertainment for today, and don’t have anything else to report, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!