Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 16, 2013



Congratulations, Grandma and Grandpa Pastors Burroughs!

Rebekkah Burroughs was born earlier this morning, though not here in Witch Falls.  Pastor John and his wife, Stacey, have been working as missionaries pretty much since he earned his Doctorate; and they haven’t lived here at all since then either.  A few of us know that’s going to change soon because they’re going to move home this summer; and Pastor John is going to gradually take over from his parents.  That’s partly because Pastor John and Stacey want to raise their kids here; and partly because Pastors Lewis and Martha want to semi-retire and start doing charity trips for our family business with some of their friends.  They’re also looking at working together on an addition for the church to get ready for our growing town.  I won’t be directly involved in much of that, but it is going to be very exciting for the Burroughs’ family.

Here at home, it wasn’t new-baby exciting, but I was busy; and managed to have some fun too.  We had a dash or two of rain today, but nothing that got in the way of our baseball practice tonight; and everyone on our team was happy to finally get out on the ball diamond for the first time this season.  Playing with the older, taller girls is a big change from last year, but Rowen and I still did pretty well; and Sarah and Carolyn Landry looked like they were really happy with their junior players.

I jumped ahead with that, but there really isn’t much to report from school or my second work night in a row.  Other than one test, today was mostly a project work time at school.  It’s hard to believe, but we don’t really have much time to get some major projects finished before we’ll be getting ready for our final exams.  Rowen and I are way ahead on everything we’re doing, but some of our classmates are getting stressed.  There’s nothing new from my end of the family business to report, and it was another light dinner night so I could eat early and be at the park in time for my practice at six o’clock.

Mom, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne brought Ethan and Ehlana over for some playground time during the last half of our practice; and Rowen, Rebecca, and I walked with them over to the Inn for game night.  Jenny had Shane to hang out with by then, and preferred to do that over playing games with us.

Aunt Leanne and her matchmaking co-conspirators have me looking over my shoulder a lot, and I have to wonder if they’ve got a new plan that I should worry about, but I was happy and relieved that they just let me have fun tonight – even when Rowen and I were playing games against Michael and Rebecca.  Not having the high school seniors here gave all of the younger teens and kids a better chance at the junior championship, and some of the teams moved up in the rankings; but it was one of the regularly top teams – Kyle Landry and Erin Green – that won the title for the week.  Rowen and I managed fifth-place; one behind Rebecca and Michael, and well-ahead of Tim and Nora.

Mom wanted to do more lessons with Ethan, Ehlana, and me after we got home from the Inn, so we did that first; had a bedtime chat and story with Dad once the twins were ready to be tucked in; and I didn’t get up to my room until eleven-thirty.  It’s a good thing that I had some extra sleep the last two nights, because it’s now nearly three o’clock.  I may only get to have a nap now, but at least I finished all of the studying I wanted to get done; and taking the weekend off – at least until Sunday night – is an option.

That’s the good news.  The bad is that we have a lot to get done this weekend to be ready for the Memorial Day weekend, and there is lots of rain in the forecast for the next four days; so we’ll see how much fun we get to have.  For right now, though, I really need to get started on that nap, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!