Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 7, 2013



Happy 2nd Anniversary, Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne!

The matchmaking conspiracy continued today, thanks to some help from various junior and senior members of Aunt Leanne’s little team.

Most of that happened during the anniversary party; but not all of it.  During our lunchtime music practice, Rowen disappeared for an extended washroom break that left Michael and I alone for twenty minutes or so; and the grins and look in her eyes was all I needed to see to know that my best friend had been more interested in junior matchmaking than music.  She was probably just warming up for the party.

I wasn’t taking another Tuesday off from work to play this week – this time it was all about being drafted to help Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa with the party set-up and cooking.  Rowen skipped work to help out too, and after getting our homework done; our first job was setting up tables and chairs in the back yard.  Though it had been cool this morning, we ended up with a cloudy but fairly nice day; and Mom had made the outdoor dining decision sometime after I’d left for school.  That worked for me, because if the weather hadn’t cooperated, the indoor dining plan had included having most of the kids at the kitchen table while the adults and teens were in the dining room.

Now that I think about it, indoors might have been better; though we did at least get to be in on more of the actual anniversary action with everyone outdoors than we would have if we’d been in a different room from the main party.  I say that because the next major matchmaking set-up put me at ‘the boys’ kid table so I could help Michael and Patrick with Ethan, Aiden, and Brandon Green during dinner while Rebecca and Rowen sat at ‘the girls’ kid table with Ehlana and Naomi.  Aunt Leanne seemed to be especially happy – and suspiciously innocent – when Michael and I ended up sitting next to each other.  He helped Aiden; I had the toughest job with one-year old Brandon; and Patrick spent more time trying to impress the rest of us with his jokes and gags than he did helping Ethan out with eating his meal.  At least the three younger boys aren’t quite ready to attempt his repertoire of food and drink-related tricks and feats.

Mom and Dad had invited quite a few friends, so dinnertime was a blast of fun even with the not-so-subtle and ongoing matchmaking games directed my way.  I’ve skipped over the grilling action that Dad and Grandpa had lots of guy support for and the pre-dinner fun mostly because there was too much going on to write about everything; and when Rowen and I weren’t helping with the work, we were trying to keep all of the toddlers entertained.  Michael and Rebecca helped us with that when they came over with their parents, Jake, and Stephanie; and that’s pretty much all the four of us did from that point of the afternoon until after the rest of the party guests – and Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne – went home for the night.

That got us out of the post-dinner clean-up, but even with all of the fun we had, it was probably more work for us to keep up with five toddlers.  After finishing a fairly messy cake and ice cream dessert; watching Aunt Leanne do most of the work opening their anniversary gifts; and getting some parental help with the kid cleaning; we – the kids – headed over to the park to play.  The adults were busy with cleaning up; taking care of babies; or keeping the guests of honor entertained while we were away.  I’m sure Aunt Leanne would have been entertained if she’d been at the park to watch her little junior matchmakers at work while we were there.  I won’t bore you with every detail, but one example would be when Rowen had me ‘take my turn’ on the swings, and then almost immediately had Michael take over pushing me while she needed to go do something with Ehlana and Naomi.

I’ll concede that my reaction to Michael’s hands on my lower back while pushing me is absolutely nothing like when Dad and Grandpa used to push me during their little contests, but the butterflies are strictly from the swing motion; and I am not crossing over!

The work around the house was mostly finished by the time we returned, but the party meandered on, so after a little visit with everyone in the back yard, we came up to the lounge and my room to continue entertaining the five younger kids.  Most of that time was split between some music fun and video gaming action, and I might as well have been holding Michael’s hand while we played; since Rowen, Ethan, and Ehlana conspired to keep the two of us close together with everything we did – especially while I played my keyboard and when we were sitting on the sofa playing video games.  How obvious were they?  Obvious enough that I caught Rebecca trying to hide grins and laughs at least a half-dozen times; and at least that many scowls and hooded glares from Patrick.

The second-to-last matchmaking attempt moment came when the parents were gathering their kids to head home, and Michael was drafted to help me out with the clean-up in the lounge while Rebecca, Rowen, and Patrick went downstairs with Liz, Hannah, and the five toddlers.  There were way too many grinning girls when they left the lounge, and though we joked about it, I do know that Michael is quite happy to have Aunt Leanne and her co-conspirators continue to set us up like this.  The fact that he was grinning too when we rejoined the rest of our families downstairs just gave Aunt Leanne another excuse to tease us, but I can assure you that nothing even remotely romantic happened while we were on our own.

You can likely guess that the last tweeird moment of the night was the goodbye hugs and kisses.  I felt like I was under a microscope when it was time to say goodbye to Michael and his family, and though I’m sure that it will come back to haunt me regularly; I attempted a one-up joke on Aunt Leanne when she teased me about hugging and kissing Michael goodnight too.  Telling her that I didn’t need to do that because I was keeping him for a sleepover; taking his hand; and tugging him as if leading him toward the stairs earned the laughs I expected, but I should know better than to try and out-duel my aunt when it comes to things like that.  It’s a really good thing that Dad was there with his parental veto when Aunt Leanne and Miranda started talking about getting an overnight bag packed for Michael and Stephanie volunteered to drop it off for him on her way home.

Michael had been blushing through most of that, and since it was my fault, I did hug and kiss him goodnight to try and at least make up for that a little bit – by then there wasn’t much else Aunt Leanne or anyone else could throw at us anyway.

Once we were on our own, Dad needed to get some work done in the office, so I helped Mom with getting Ethan and Ehlana ready for bed and tucked in for the night before coming up to my room again.  I needed some Jacuzzi time by then, but multi-tasked doing that with my studying.  The party hadn’t ended until ten-thirty, so it was after eleven by the time I slid into the tub; after midnight when I climbed into bed with Mandy; and going on two when I finished the studying and started going through my email and nightly news, sports, and entertainment checks.

As I’ve been winding down and getting ready for another nap-sleep, I’ve been thinking a lot about everything that’s happened today.  It’s more than a little scary to discover how many of those thoughts focus on the time I spent with Michael.  I’ll put most of the blame for that on my unwanted, persistent matchmakers, though what was really scariest was my own reaction to that sleepover joke.  It wasn’t horror-movie terrifying, but the fact that I didn’t find the idea of having a sleepover with Michael scary is seriously tweeird-zone scary.

I’m definitely going to need to not think about soft, fluffy bunnies tonight, and should get to that right away, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!