Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Cassie's Journal - May 29, 2013



What do you do when your couples-only study group plans that are primarily meant to be a matchmaking opportunity do not work out because the target of that matchmaking doesn’t follow the script like he’s supposed to do?  You arrange for two more boys to join the group to make things even.

The fact that those two boys in question have girlfriends in other grades was apparently just a technical detail.  Talking up the benefits of studying with two of the class brainiacs – that would be Rowen and me – was all it took to convince them to at least give it a try for one afternoon, so with the addition of Gil and Allen; we had an even dozen working in the dining room at Tim’s house after school today.

Vanessa and Nora were quite happy with themselves when Rowen and I actually did spend a lot of time helping Gil and Allen, but if they were hoping that would give Vanessa more time to get some one-on-one tutoring with Michael; that part of the plan wasn’t very successful at all.  It’s not that Michael didn’t help Vanessa to study – he just made sure that he helped everyone except Rowen and me equally.  He also made a point of keeping me out of the tweeird zone while we were there by not really doing anything together with me other than asking the occasional question; or discussing some of the topics we were studying tonight.  You can imagine how grateful I was not to have any tweeirdness going on, or even worse – a competing matchmaking attempt directed my way.

We studied until nearly six, and then Rowen and I were first to leave; mostly because I was going to be late for dinner by the time we walked home.  I wasn’t sure until after dinner whether I’d be able to skip Mom and Dad’s baseball practice or not, but Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne offered to take Ethan and Ehlana to the park so that I could stay home and work.  I decided to do that in my room; starting out by sitting in the window alcove and working on the family business for a couple of hours using a little Magi power to speed up my computing.  I wrapped that up when Mom and Dad brought Ethan and Ehlana home from the park, and not only had Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne with them; but Grandma and Grandpa too.

They’d come home too so they could get in on an Olde Bakery bedtime snack; and we all spent nearly an hour out on the back porch having a little visit before it was time to put Ethan and Ehlana to bed; and I came up to my room again to enjoy some Jacuzzi time while starting my bedtime studies.  After my bath, I needed a little keyboard playing wind down time, and then climbed into bed with Mandy to wrap up my day with some language studying before getting to my usual nightly computer checks and writing this journal entry.

I skipped over most of the day, but other than having some rain this morning that kept us indoors for Tai Chi; there wasn’t much to report from home or at school – it was just another school day with our teachers getting us ready for exams.  While the weather was nice enough to cooperate for Mom and Dad’s ball practice tonight, it still isn’t looking good for tomorrow night – or for our game on Saturday for that matter.  We’ll be doing another study group tomorrow night, so the weather won’t matter for that, but it remains to be seen whether I’ll be back in the tweeird zone again or not.  That’s because Rowen was nice enough to suggest that we have our third study session at my house just as we were getting ready to leave Tim’s house; and that offer was enthusiastically accepted by the majority; if not unanimously.

Now that I’m thinking about that, I’m going to wrap this up and give my room and the lounge a quick Magi-powered once-over before getting some sleep.  Mandy and I keep everything neat and tidy, but I suddenly feel the need to shoot for near-spotless.

Okay, that isn’t really fair to do that when even Magi kids my age don’t get to use wards and do things like that, but I do want everything to look good for my classmates who will be coming here for the first time.

I can practically see you giving me the look from where you’re sitting and reading this some day in the future, Rowen, so let’s just agree that I’m not perfect; and let it go at that.

That’s all for now, and I really do want to get that cleaning done so I can get some sleep, so...

...until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!