Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cassie's Journal May 8, 2013



We started the day out with a bit of rain that kept us indoors for Tai Chi and made for a damp walk to school; but the rest of the day was fairly nice – at least until the thunder-storms rolled through a bit before midnight.

It was a fairly uneventful day at school, and I was doing a make-up work night after that, so the only news I have for today is from Stephanie’s ‘Magi’ visit, and Mom and Dad’s first baseball practice.

Stephanie’s visit was first, and she came over after doing her homework with Jake – once he was busy helping out at the Inn.  We were all in the office for that little meeting.  Mom did her usual story time and had Stephanie talk about her training while I mostly listened and worked on my computer and Ethan and Ehlana played with their iPads.  There are still well-over half of the adult Magi who still aren’t ready to deal with the fact that my brother, sister, and I know about them, but almost all of the teens who have approached Mom since last summer have been happy to talk with us too – though we aren’t in on most of these first meetings.  I wasn’t even at home the day that Dillon stopped in to have his Magi chat with Mom.

We didn’t try to scare her, but Stephanie did get a slightly different version of the family business story, and that was an important first step; since she’ll eventually be as involved in that as Violet will be; and a college part-time job with us may be in her future too.  As usual, there were some personal Magi issues that Mom is going to help her out with, and that’s something else that is fairly common among the new adult Magi.  Every Magi kid seems to have a Magi wish list of things they would like to know, learn, or be able to do; but haven’t been able to learn those things through their parents or mentors.  It’s something that we’re already starting to work on, but as with everything else; there are a lot of Magi who are not ready to deal with those new options and opportunities.  I expect that will be a slow change for at least this generation, and it may decades before all Magi kids are trained like Ethan, Ehlana, and I are.

Let’s move on and talk baseball.  The big difference with the first co-ed practice tonight was that we didn’t have Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, Uncle Nick, or Aunt Deborah there.  Mom and Dad came over to the park early so they could play with Ethan and Ehlana for a while before starting their warm-ups when the Warrens and Palmers got to the park too.  Aunt Leanne had lined up replacements, but I didn’t find out until they got to the park that Claire Norton, and her husband, Karl, had been two of those draftee-volunteers.  Emma came with them, so I had some extra help with Ethan and Ehlana – and with Naomi when she joined us too.

Liz is taking the summer off due to pregnancy too, so our team needed a total of five new players.  Along with the Nortons, Aunt Leanne had gotten Bill and Tracey Jennings to sign up; and Liz talked Vicky Cole into taking her spot for the season.  Emma and I took the three toddlers over to the ball diamond once the practice actually started, but only stayed until Rowen met up with us, and then we took Ethan, Ehlana, and Naomi back to the playground.

I’ll use the entertaining the toddlers excuse for not watching the rest of the practice, and be glad that I didn’t have to stay and watch.  Yes, it was the first practice of the season, but I can assure you it was the worst practice I’ve seen them have since Mom and I moved here.  I’ll hope for the best, and plan for having as much fun as possible without a lot of wins.

We were home by dark, and Mom and I did the full bath and bedtime routine with the twins while Dad got to work in the office.  Mom and I followed that up with a lengthy Magi lesson, and then I was ready for some Jacuzzi time.  I spent more than an hour doing that before doing my hair, getting ready for bed, and then deciding to sit in the window alcove to work on my computer.  That choice was mostly because an awesome light show was just getting started outside.  The actual thunder-storm didn’t hit until after midnight, but I had an amazing view of the lightning while doing my bedtime studying and computer checks.

Compared to that, the work wasn’t all that exciting.  I don’t have anything else to report, and the storm is moving on, so I should pack it up and get some sleep.

Until next time, this is Magi Master Cassie Proctor; logging out!