Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - November 5, 2019


Ethan:

The top news of our day is that Ehlana and I had a bring-a-friend to the lab and archives visit after school.  The weather was half-decent, but morning rain had left everything damp or worse on the trails and at the park; so we took the opportunity to spend some time at the lab – or archives – with Naomi and Aiden.  That couldn’t be a major, late-for-dinner kind of event, but we had fun together; and our best friends will eventually spend more time with us there as we get older – though not as co-researchers or archivists.  I didn’t get any ‘real’ work done in the archives, but that’s okay too; since sometimes I need to take time to just enjoy the awesomeness that is what – to me – is one of our greatest family treasures – and I mean that for our collective Magi families throughout history.

Our school day was good; Aiden and I had a fun evening at his house that included some hang-out time with his Mom and parents; and now we’re ready to call it a night and get some sleep.  The last thing I’ll add before wrapping this up and doing that is to include a note that I’m enjoying the change of pace this week.  I love my real studies and work at home too, but as with taking a break at the archives; this change gives me the chance to make a small adjustment or two to my perspective – especially when Aiden, Hailey, and their parents need to make the most of the bits of time they have together.

We do that at our house too, but maybe we could shoot for a bit more play time together instead of quite so much work-study time! ;^)

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Naomi and I had fun at the lab; her alien implant is healing nicely; her parents are none-the-wiser; and Eli’s always thought that we were aliens anyway! ;^)

Now if only I’d come up with that idea in time for Halloween!  Oh well – there’s always next year; and Naomi is reminding me that we did the alien princess thing last year anyway.

I don’t really have any news to add tonight – from home or elsewhere.  Cassie has one of her late-class nights; and Mom and Dad haven’t checked in with me today either – other than Mom’s messages and a few pictures.  We didn’t time a vid-chat that worked for us; so maybe we’ll have better luck tomorrow.  Naomi and I did have fun in the lab; we ended up just playing with kid-rated experiments; and Dillon supervised us while doing his own work.  I was able to sneak a peek or two at his experiment, but don’t have anything major to report because he’s working on a longer-term experiment that will likely fail and, with luck, give us ideas for where to take that project next.

Ethan didn’t mention that we did our homework while at the lab too; and then we were split up for the rest of the night.  Naomi and I had dinner with her family; played a video game with Eli for a while after that; watched yet another Christmas chick flick with her Mom for our bedtime entertainment while the guys continued the gaming in Eli’s room; and now we’re ready to get some sleep – so we will.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!