Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - October 3, 2019


Ethan:

Fall-weather temperatures arrived overnight, and while it didn’t feel like winter is on the way or anything; it was still a bit of a shock to the system after a very warm September.  That didn’t have anything to do with our decision to play at the lab and archives after school – that was more because our best friends weren’t available to hang out with us today.  I know that’s shocking, but Naomi and Aiden actually do have a life beyond their jobs as our best friends; and their parents even like to see them on a regular basis too when they can work that out around work and everything else they have on the go.  Now that we’re past the summer season rush and extended store hours; they have more time to spend together; so they’ll do that while they can – especially when those breaks between busier times at stores are getting shorter as our little town grows.

Our school day was quiet; the play time in the archives was great for me; and then game night at the Inn was quieter for Ehlana and me as we partnered up and our best friends took the day off from the games this week too.  Mom and Dad won the senior championship; though I’m only including that news because I usually don’t mention it for them because they do win about once a month.  We don’t really think about that very much at all, since Mom could likely win every week if she really wanted to show off; and game night is all about the families and friends fun anyway.

Mom and Dad had work to do in the office after we got home, so Ehlana and I studied for a while; Mom did a Magi lesson with us; and then we were sent up to bed after a ‘real’ hour or so of time-phased advanced education.  I’m ready to get some sleep; so I’ll wrap this up with the one news item that Ehlana would definitely not let me get away with not reporting.  I took her hints seriously; and have dates with Naomi for the fall festival weekend; the Haunted Halloween Walk; and for Halloween night.  I got razzed about the hugs and kisses all day; and I’m sure that the trade-off was worth it! ;^)

Okay, that’s it for tonight; and I’m going to put my toys away now and get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

The only news from home I have to add is that Aiden and I have dates for those same occasions – and yes, I asked him.  Ethan has the rest of the highlights of the day covered; so I’ll just add the bits of news we have for Cassie and Michael.

They’re busy this week getting ready for mid-terms next week; so they’ve been staying on campus every night – though Tim still has his night classes for his mechanics’ course; so he has less time to get ready for those exams.  The stress level seems to be lower with most of their friends this year, though the college sports friends are the exceptions as they juggle their classes, studying, training, and games.  The travel adventures sound like a lot of fun for the away games and tournaments, but playing college sports is nearly as tough as Cassie’s double the normal workload for her classes; and those friends don’t have the same advantages that Cassie has for keeping up with everything.

That does have me picturing time-phased sports – which would come in especially-handy for golf or other time-intensive sports.  Magi-powered healing would be very helpful too, but I’ll stay away from suggesting other applications of our Magi talents.  Now I’m going to need to keep an eye on Princeton sports if we hear that Gwyneth gets involved; since I’ve no doubt that she would use her Magi gifts to help her win at any sport she plays.  We’re a bit short for college basketball; but there are sports where small can be a big advantage – like in team rowing.

I am mentally wandering off now; so let’s get back on track and wrap this up.

Mid-term exams will keep Cassie, Michael, and their friends busy from now through to the start of the fall festival.  That’ll be more work for Cassie this week; and likely a bit less during exams because she won’t also have the daily assignments.  They are not coming home for the fall festival – or at all until their week off at Thanksgiving, but while we miss them a lot; we’re trying to make life a bit easier for them.  Those rush weekend trips for only two days are tough; so we’ll settle for extra vid-calls and messaging instead.

I’ll keep you posted on the mid-term highlights along with the rest of our news, but that’s all for now; so I’m going to move on to my nap time now.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!