Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - October 19, 2019


Happy 19th Birthday, Madelana!

Ethan:

While Cassie, Michael, Stefan, and their friends helped Madelana celebrate her special day with everything from a spa morning for the girls to dinner and a party and only a bit of studying; we’ve had a busy fall clean-up day here at home.

I am not going to write very much about our work today, since even some of the decorating wasn’t really fun this year thanks to rain and cooler temperatures that made our day damp and uncomfortable.  The work needed to be done, though, so the rain and showers didn’t get in the way of our chores – though we did occasionally work on the front porch or in the storage barn during the wettest parts of the day.  The details really aren’t important, and while we shared the ‘pain’ with Mom and Dad; I wouldn’t rank this first half of our weekend very high on the fun scale.

Maybe that’s the news of the day or week – that even Magi Masters do have not-much-fun days now and then too! ;^)

I’m ready to go get some sleep now; so let’s wrap this up.  We worked until after dark; had a late dinner; and then it was time for baths or Jacuzzi fun to get cleaned up and ready for bed.  Ehlana and I watched a Halloween movie in the lounge after our tub time; and now we’re in our beds and ready to crash for the rest of the night – so I will starting right now.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

The chores today really weren’t fun – and that’s even more-true for those of us with long hair that was wet for most of the day and really uncomfortable.  That has everything to do with why my Jacuzzi time and the movie with Ethan and Silkie were the highlights of my day.  I also don’t have anything else to add from home; and the Cassie and Michael update will have to wait for tomorrow; since they’re still out and having fun with their friends tonight.

That, by the way, is one good reason for why kids our age shouldn’t go to college – not that I plan on partying every weekend when we do get around to our college adventures.  I just don’t think that eight-year-old kids should be around that sort of teen-rated entertainment.  I’m being polite about that, but my point is that our plans for having a ‘normal’ life is better for us – even if that path sometimes annoys me because I don’t get to work on my research or do other things more-often than I can while also going to school and keeping up with the rest of our kid-rated life.

My perspective on that should probably chance, since everyone has that same issue in their own ways, but I do think about that more now because we get to see what that other choice might have been like for us through the information we continually get about Gwyneth Hathorne and her adventures at Princeton.  Sure, we could go to college without all of the evil she does, but I only compare what her life is like compared to ours.  There are parts of her life that I would love, but I also wouldn’t want to make the trade-offs that would be needed – like not having friends our age; being away from Mom and Dad for most of every year; and so much more that we’d have to give up for that early, advanced, and ‘official’ education.

It feels as though I’m rambling along now, so I’m going to wrap this up and get some sleep.  Dad is going to need to get a fair bit of work done tomorrow to get ready for his work week, but we have some fun planned too; so our next report should be more-entertaining.  I’ll save up the details for that journal update, but that is a good reason to move on to nap time now – so I’ll do that!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!