Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, October 21, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - October 21, 2019


Happy 8th Birthday, Paige!

Ethan:

I’ll leave the birthday news to Ehlana; since Paige’s party was a girls-only party.  We had a good day at school that included some birthday fun with Paige at lunchtime; I went to play in the archives after school while Ehlana was busy with the party; and I stayed late before going home for dinner and a study evening in the office while Mom and Dad worked.  Ehlana joined us for some of that studying after the party; we were sent to bed at a bit after ten o’clock; and now I’m ready to call it a night and get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Girls-only birthday parties are nice to have now and then, and while I wouldn’t change co-ed birthdays with my twin; Naomi and I enjoyed a handful of hours with our girlfriends that didn’t include any of the usual annoyances from guys our age.  Paige’s party wasn’t completely guy-free, since there were male family members attending the dinner, but most of the fun before and after that meal was guy-free; and included a lot of girl-chat time along with the games and entertainment that ranged from karaoke to a movie and video games.  Paige has had a happy day and loved her gifts, but as usual; I think that it’s the family and friends time that matters the most.

Some of my friends might disagree with that, but even with the limited memories that most kids our age have, if they think about that; it isn’t specific gifts that are remembered nearly as well as favorite moments with the people we love.

Speaking of best memories, the fun at Paige’s party will be my best memories of the day; and I don’t really have anything else to report from today that will come close to that for me – or need to be recorded in my journal for posterity.  That isn’t to say that nothing else happened.  Our school day included lots of Halloween-themed entertainment – including classroom activities and all of the usual gossip related to the upcoming dance and other events.  Naomi and I even got some attention for having dates to the Haunted Halloween Walk on Saturday; though the girls loved that; and the guys only razzed Ethan and Aiden while mostly leaving us alone.  I also haven’t written about our football team, but they still get lots of attention on the gossip network – even though that’s never as good as it always was when Michael and Tim were on the team.  That isn’t fair, since they have a winning record, but that’s a long-way from undefeated, championship seasons that really were the exceptions when schools as small as ours can’t usually compete against the larger schools that are part of our divisions of State football.

I didn’t really mean to drag this update out for this long, so I’ll stop there; wrap this up; and move on to my nap time for the rest of the night.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!