Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 8, 2014



Kyle’s team won their football game this week too!

There, I’ve added a college football update, Tim; so can we move on now?  I know that it’s tough for guys not to talk football when they get together – especially a day after a big playoff win, and on college football day; but you and Michael and Lucas were spending the evening with your girlfriends tonight too.  Football was not a priority for us.

Yes, I’m sure that you didn’t find our girl chat topics interesting either; but we needed something to do while three out of four of our guys were busy talking sports and gaming – or talking sports while we watched that action flick.

Before I get to the teen night and sleepover report, though; let’s cover the rest of the news from earlier today.

Tai Chi was outdoors, but very chilly this morning; breakfast was indoors and hot; and the yard work had Dad and me outdoors again for a lot of the day as the fall clean-up seems to be never-ending this year.  I did have a one-hour reprieve for that right after breakfast so that I could run over to Michael’s house and give him and Rebecca a hand with getting the guest bedrooms ready for our sleepover there – and do a bit of main-floor cleaning too so that everything was ready for our evening of teen gaming and movies.

Dad and I juggled taking care of the twins for a while this morning too while Mom went to give Aunt Leanne a hand with Zack and some errands while she was having some morning sickness issues; and we did some indoor chores while we were also inside for lunch anyway.  That was fun because Ethan, Ehlana, and I multi-tasked that with some Magi-powered play time to speed up some of those chores.  Mom was home again for our soup and sandwiches lunch break; and then Dad and I were back outside again for another couple of hours of mostly-messy work.

Michael was with me for part of that time during his afternoon break, and I was set free a half hour before he needed to get back to the Inn.  That didn’t give us much time to hang out together, but I packed my overnight bag and sent it with him when he left so that he could drop it off at home on his way back to the Inn.  Our teen night wasn’t starting until after he and Rebecca were finished with the dinner rush there, so I decided to grab a shower, get ready for my night, and head over to the Inn to help out too.

Since Michael and Rebecca were busy, Lucas and I couldn’t make dinner plans with them, but Jenny, Lance, Rowen, and Tim were all having a date-dinner at the Inn while the rest of us were working.  For Lucas, that was staying to help on the farm ahead of getting to have Sunday morning off from his usual chores, and though it would have been fun to go out to dinner with Rowen and Tim; Michael and I still had fun in the kitchen while we first helped out with the prep line work and then moved on to the less-entertaining dishwashing that sometimes seemed never-ending even on a comparatively quiet Saturday night dinner rush.

While I was doing that, Mom and Dad were getting started on a kid-free night.  They had to wait for the bakery and salon to close for the day before giving up custody of Ethan and Ehlana to the Drapers and Seagers respectively; but their friends had conspired to get them the night off after finding out that I’d be spending the night with Michael and his family.  I’m sure they’re having fun, and they were going to Sheldon’s for a little play time with kids their own age; but I don’t think we need to add any details about what they’re probably doing with the rest of their kid-free night.

On the teen front, Michael, Rebecca, and I were set free from the kitchen at nearly the same time that Jenny, Lance, Rowen, and Tim were finished the dinner part of their date night; and we were all able to go over to Michael and Rebecca’s house.  Jenny got a ride there with Lance because it apparently hadn’t occurred to either of them to park it there instead after he’d picked Jenny up; but they somehow still managed to get there after the rest of us did – and we walked home.

While I’m thinking about that scene, I’ve got to mention that it seemed very strange to me to see Jenny grab her overnight bag out of Lance’s car when we were all ready to go inside; and that was probably even stranger for Jenny’s Mom – kind of a reverse of what it was like for me when Mom was dating Dad and doing sleepovers at his house.

Funny that I should be thinking that when the only difference between tonight and those sleepovers back then for Mom and Dad is that they needed to get someone to watch three kids – instead of just one of them! ;^)

Moving along, Claire dropped Lucas off before Rebecca and Michael had even finished ‘showing us to our rooms’ so that four out of five of us could put our bags in our rooms.  I only needed to move my bag from Michael’s room to the one Rowen and I are sharing, and though Michael had done that as a joke; I’m not to only one wishing that I was in his room with him now and Tim was with Rowen.  That didn’t – and isn’t – going to happen; though Jenny once again didn’t have a problem with sneaking into Lance’s room after we all went to bed.  That might have been why he was put into the guest room farthest from Miranda and Jacob’s room; but I didn’t ask Rebecca about that and she didn’t offer any comments about that at the time when we were putting our bags in those rooms.

I’ve already covered part of the evening news, and though the guys really did talk too much about football, and they regularly checked the scores from the college games still in progress; we also had fun hanging out together.  Jenny, Rebecca, Rowen, and I talked about everything from cheerleading to upcoming holidays and shopping trips while the boys started out with a round of video gaming.  The action flick was fairly bad; but there was a lot of fighting, car chases, and stuff getting blown up; so it wasn’t a total waste of no-think time – and the cuddling with our boyfriends was good.  We were on our own without parental supervision until Miranda and Jacob got home after closing the Inn, but then they quickly got ready to go out and went to Sheldon’s for an hour or so to hang out there with Mom, Dad, and some of their other friends.

They didn’t seem to mind trading that for watching that movie with us, but then they were good with hanging out with us after they got home while we all had a late-night pizza snack.  Cooking up a few frozen pizzas isn’t news when you’ve got a group of teens together in a small town, but there was one interesting conversation that I’m going to mention here – just for the record.  Jenny started the little chat about the total lack of fast food options for kids and teens both in our town and for Lance and his friends in Maple Valley.  Jenny probably isn’t far behind Aunt Leanne when it comes to her enthusiasm for fast food, and while Rebecca loves her Dad’s amazing cooking as much as Michael and I do; she likes all things fast food too.  I was the one to suggest that they should just solve that problem by opening their own fast food place when they grow up; but Jenny thought that was a great idea and ran with it from there for a while with some help from Rebecca and Miranda.

The only thing I’ll add here is that the seed has been planted; and yes, the twins and I might know something that we’re not telling anyone about yet.  By the time you read this in the future, you’ll know what that is anyway; but I like keeping my journals in ‘real-time’; so I’ll mostly report events as they happen.

That snack break was fun, but then Miranda and Jacob went up to bed after we ate; Michael and I took care of the clean-up; and then we had a little more teen chat and video gaming time before we needed to come up to our rooms too.  Lance probably thought that the only request Miranda had made of us – to wrap things up by one o’clock – was too early, but since he does have Jenny in his room with him now; I doubt that he still has a problem with the plan.  We managed to each find a way for a little couples’ alone time for goodnight hugs and kisses before most of us ended up in the rooms we’re supposed to be in for the night; but that was mostly worked in around more clean-up work in the living room and kitchen and juggling bathroom time as we all got ready for bed.

Once Rowen and I were in bed, she started surfing the web on her computer; and I’ve been doing my usual bedtime computing.  There wasn’t any major family business work to deal with, but I did do a more thorough than usual news, sports, and entertainment check so I’ll be up-to-speed at school on Monday with all of the required teen gossip and football data.  That reminds me that there is one other piece of football news to report – the guys found out today that they’ll be playing their second-round match on Friday against Mount Pleasant.  That’s a bonus for us because they were a surprise first-round winner; so we get another home game.  I looked up the team stats for them this season too, so I’ll be able to talk about that with Tim, Michael, and the other guys next week; but I don’t have any predictions or anything just based on those numbers – especially after Mount Pleasant has already managed an improbable first-round win.

It’s going to be a busy morning with eight teens sharing bathroom time, getting ready for church, and helping out and having breakfast; so Rowen and I should probably call it a night now.  I’m wishing more than a little that Michael and I had been able to manage to have some quality alone time tonight too, but we did have a lot of fun with our friends instead.  Maybe we’ll look at making some time for just us next weekend.  For right now, though, it really is time to call it a night; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!