Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 22, 2014



It’s been cloudy, and we’ve had a sprinkle or two here and there; but our day has actually been way better than expected today.  The temperature even reached the sixties this afternoon; and Tai Chi by the river was an option this morning.

That was a nice bonus for the start of the day; but the good weather also meant that Dad and I got to do all of our outdoor chores to get ready for the holiday weekend.  That included a bit of work at Grandma and Grandpa’s house, and an hour of heavy-lifting assistance for Uncle Adam at his place; which is why we were on the go all day except for lunch and dinner breaks.  While a lot of work was involved in all of that, Dad and I had fun together too; and at least it did mean getting to spend a lot of time together – something we haven’t had a lot of lately.

I didn’t spend as much time with Mom and the twins, but they were just as busy with more housework and pre-cooking and baking.  Mom had a big group for her dinner and cooking night, but not a lot of help with the work.  Aunt Leanne was feeling barfy and tired by then; Aunt Deborah and Aunt Grace were both worn out and ready to get their pregnancies over with now; and Uncles Adam, Nick, and Mark were all taking care of Zack and Leah while offering what help they could to Mom with the work.  That all added up to not getting as much done as they’d wanted; and more work for this weekend.  Mom wants to be done everything except for a bit of baking by Monday, though; so I’m going to help her tomorrow afternoon while Dad will be busy getting ready for his first work day back from the city on Monday.

I was set free after dinner tonight, but since we didn’t stop to eat until nearly seven; I had enough time to grab a shower, dry my hair, and get dressed before Rowen and Tim came over to spend some time with Michael and me in the lounge.  Ethan and Ehlana spent a little time with us too while we waited for Michael to get done at the Inn, but after Ethan and Tim played a few video games and Ehlana had a little girl chat time with Rowen and me; they went downstairs to hang out with Mom and Dad once Michael caught up with us.

Watching college football wasn’t my idea of fun tonight, but Tim pointed out that we hadn’t done that pretty much all season; so Rowen and I conceded the point and we watched parts of several games along with catching a half-time show football recap that covered the news from the rest of the games today.  Rowen and I weren’t interested in that at all, but cuddling with our boys worked for us; so we still had fun.  Tim also tested me on a half-dozen play-calling challenges, but gave up when I went six-for-six and he didn’t do as well with his guesses for other plays.

We also talked about the holiday weekend, and how the big game was going to affect our little break from school.  Michael, Tim, and I will need to get together soon and work out some birthday plans for Rowen too, but we need to get the football itinerary first too; since we’ll not only have the game this year, but we don’t know whether Rowen and I will be able to attend the dinner and evening events that will be set up for the players, coaches, and staff.  We also don’t know when the team will be heading home on Saturday yet – or whether they’ll catch any of the games then too.

We didn’t really get to have a lot of time together – just a few hours.  Rowen and Tim left at a quarter to twelve so that they could have a bit of alone time at her house before Tim needed to be home – and left Michael and me with a little time for a minor make-out session before he needed to leave too.  That was fun, and while we were very tempted to use a time-phase to make as much time as we needed for that, I was tired out; and Michael didn’t want me to wear down even more by doing that too.  He left by shortly after midnight too, and after seeing him out; I had a little chat with Mom and Dad before we all came up to bed for the night.

I’ve mostly just been doing the basic nightly computer checks since snuggling with Mandy and getting to that part of my night.  There was a bit of family business work to deal with via email, but that didn’t take long; and I’m nearly ready to get started on my down time.

Other than helping Mom out in the kitchen, I don’t have any specific plans for tomorrow.  With the holiday weekend coming up, it should be a comparatively quiet night at the Inn; so I’ll probably skip helping out there this week.  Maybe I’ll just get my usual school night work done early while we’re cooking too if that’s an option; and shoot for any early bedtime.  We’ll only have three days at school; but I don’t expect to get much sleep between Monday and the end of the holiday weekend.

That sounds like a plan, and I’ll let you know whether that works out or not, but that’s all I have for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!