Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 3, 2014



The top news story around town wasn’t, but probably should have been, the second-hand charity store.  It is going to get talked about much more often this week, though; and some of my favorite women are going to make sure that all of our friends and neighbors get involved in sending donations to the store so they’ll have lots of stock for their grand opening in a few weeks.

At school, football playoff fever has struck; and that’s made Michael, Tim, and the rest of the guys on the team celebrities with their fellow students.  They didn’t feel like rock stars by the time Coach Robinson was finished with them after practice, but, fortunately for Michael; he is the one guy on the team with a girlfriend who can help him out with the strains and pains that go along with intense practices.

There is one other event going on this week that is newsworthy at school; and that’s the midterm elections.  Okay, it’s an educational must, but I can tell you that everyone in my class is just very glad that we only need to deal with it for a few days this week thanks to Halloween getting in the way of dragging it out for weeks.  Unless things have really changed around here in the future when you’re reading this; elections just aren’t that big a deal here in Witch Falls.  Our collective voice in state and federal politics is zero, and even if it wasn’t; there aren’t any choices in these elections that actually make a difference.

The bottom line here is that we just live our lives as best we can around here with as little attention or involvement of government at any level beyond our own community.  Since we’re a net-positive on the cash flow to those state and federal governments; they’re usually okay with leaving us alone.

Too bad they don’t do that for everyone! ;^)

I’m not going to drag out a long diatribe on politics – tonight.  Resisting that when it’s time for the election post-mortem is another matter, though; and I might not be able to keep myself from commenting on that.  You’ll know the answer to that sooner than I will if you keep reading at least another couple of days into my journal!

Moving along, we’ve had a nice fall day, and while football was all that most of the guys wanted to talk about and do today, Rowen and I also had our cheerleading practice after school; and Michael and I had dinner and spent the evening at his house.  Lucas stayed for dinner and studying time with Rebecca too; so the four of us had fun hanging out together – and with Miranda and Jacob.  Doing our homework with Rebecca and Lucas takes longer for Michael and me than it would if we were doing it at my house and on our own; but it’s worth the extra time to get the extra time with them.

We also talked about possibly setting up another teen sleepover this weekend, but don’t have anything firm yet.  I’ll keep you posted; and hope that we can do that – especially when those nights work out so well for Rebecca and Lucas.  His father probably doesn’t think so, since he loses the extra help on the farm while Lucas is busy; but I’m also sure that his mother intervenes when needed.

Okay, I’d better move this along.  It’s late, and I need to be up early to help out with a special birthday breakfast for Dad in just a few hours.

The dinner and study time at Michael’s was the best part of the day for me; though our music practice after that was good too – even if we didn’t have time at the end for much of a make-out session before I needed to get home.  Ethan and Ehlana were still up then and working on their college studies, so Mom did my Magi lesson with me while they were busy; and then I helped to get them tucked in for the night by eleven-thirty.  That’s why it was after midnight by the time I was changed and in bed with Mandy and my computer; and ready to get started on my studies and family business work.

Mom and Dad are not staying up late and working too; but they’re also not sleeping either.  As always, the imagination rule applies; so have fun with that if you absolutely must while I don’t – though I am glad that they’re both having a happy start to Dad’s birthday.

I wouldn’t say that three and a half hours or so of language studies, archive homework, and family business action has made me especially happy too; but I did get a lot accomplished.  That’ll make up for what I expect will be a shorter work window tomorrow night; though we’ll see how that goes.  Birthdays on work and school nights aren’t usually all that wild and crazy around here; so it is possible that I’ll have a mostly-normal night after the dinner party.  I am still going to have cheerleading, band, and praise team practices tomorrow too, though, and really should have been sleeping an hour or two ago to be ready for all of that; so that’s it for tonight, and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!