Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 14, 2014



The game ended hours ago, and yet I still feel frozen solid.  That’s not actually true, and I’m warm, comfortable, and cuddling with Mandy in my bed as I write this; but the feeling lingers on anyway.  Our team won the game, so that was great for us; but it wasn’t any more fun for the players than it was for the cheerleaders or spectators.  We’re happy about the win; but we were also really happy to get indoors again once the game was over.

As for the game news, the thirty-six to thirty-two score might suggest that both teams had better defense this week, and on paper; it will look as though that’s the case.  In reality, the defensive wins were almost all due to offensive mistakes due to the cold; and we just made fewer mistakes than Mount Pleasant did.  Caleb, Michael, and Tim each scored one of our three touchdowns; and Jason kicked five chip-shot field goals for drives that we couldn’t punch into the end zone.  Mount Pleasant scored four touchdowns, but only two field goals.  Their last two touchdowns came late in the game, and in addition to missing other field goal attempts; their kicker also missed two extra points.

I’ve given Jason a hard time about his big ego in my journals; but I’ll give him credit where it’s due tonight – and he definitely out-played his Mount Pleasant counterpart tonight.  Anyone who has kicked a frozen football knows that isn’t easy.

On the cheerleading side of the game, our ‘Do You Want to Build a Snowman’ half-time routine was another big hit – especially with the kids.  The fact that our snow people just happened to resemble Principal Jacobs and Coach Robinson made it fun for most of the adults too; and we moved them to the sidelines for the rest of the game to help us cheer for our team.  That was fun for us, but to be perfectly honest; the rest of the game was tough to get through with a smile on my face – though that might have just been frozen on for a big chunk of the game.

Caleb had the after-game celebration party at his house again this week; mostly because there’s more space at his house than most of the other senior players – unless we wanted to take the party out to one of the farms.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I went to the party until midnight; and we mostly spent that time trying to get warm again while having a little fun with our friends.  After a long day with not much sleep, I was past-ready to go home, so I walked Michael to his house; we did our goodnight hugs and kisses on the front porch; and then I hurried on to my place.  That walk was another short blast of cold, so I came straight up to my room and got changed and into bed with Mandy.

Everyone else was sleeping by then anyway; so it’s quiet around here.  I’ve only done the bare minimum work tonight and no studying at all.  I’m just too tired to put in the extra hours tonight; and I’ll probably take tomorrow night off too.  Michael and I have tentative plans for a quiet night in tomorrow; but that might depend on how much snow we get tomorrow.  We’re apparently somewhere on the edge of the incoming winter weather, so if we’re lucky, we’ll get a dusting; and if not, we’ll get a couple of inches of the white fluffy stuff.

I foresee helping Dad out in the morning with getting his shiny new snow blower accessory attached to the now slightly-less shiny new lawn tractor just in case we get hit with the two inches of snow.  We’ll still need to shovel the sidewalks and porches by hand; but that snow blower is going to come in handy for the driveway this winter!

There really wasn’t much going on today that was newsworthy compared to the football game.  We’re now one win away from a return trip to the championship game.  The chances that we’ll have that game at home are fairly slim, but we’ll find out one way or the other sometime tomorrow – along with which team we’ll be playing against.  Looking ahead to the forecast for next Friday, the weather might be nicer than today, and warmer; but it’s probably too early to count on that as being very accurate.

Whatever happens with that, we’ll deal with it, but for right now; I really just want to put my computer to bed now and get started on my own cold, winter’s nap.  The rest of the weekend should be fairly quiet, and though I will be doing a fair bit of work too; I’m good with a break in the action.  We won’t get many more chances for that between Thanksgiving and the New Year; so I’ll take them when I can get them.

Okay, that is everything I have for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!