Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 4, 2014



Happy 36th Birthday, Dad!

We’ve had a fairly nice day, but not all that warm out.  That didn’t keep us from starting Dad’s big day out with Tai Chi by the river; and Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack joined us for that – though Zack just sat in his stroller and stayed bundled up and warm while the rest of us exercised.  They also stayed for breakfast, and so did Michael; though that had good and bad moments.

The bad would be the morning sickness that hit Aunt Leanne while breakfast was being cooked, and while that wasn’t fun for her at all; she still led the jokes about Dad now having two recent birthdays where pregnant women with morning sickness was an issue.

For the record, no, I do not plan on helping Aunt Leanne out with near-future additions to those jokes about Dad’s birthdays being a cause of morning sickness with pregnant women; but I won’t promise that’ll never happen either.  That had Dad worried, but the only reason for not making that promise is because I really like the timing for both Mom’s and Aunt Leanne’s second pregnancies – though I’ll shoot for due dates a bit earlier than late June and early-July when I am ready to start my own family.

That got off track a bit, so let’s move along.

Dad’s birthday breakfast wasn’t much fun for Aunt Leanne, but we worked around that and had her lay down on a sofa in the living room while the cooking continued; and then moved the breakfast party into the dining room to keep the smells to a minimum for her.  Michael and I didn’t have a lot of time to enjoy the meal or birthday fun before we needed to get ready for school; but Dad and Uncle Adam didn’t have a lot of time for that either before needing to get ready for work.  Since Aunt Leanne was feeling barfy; she stayed and took it easy until she felt better; and let Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana take care of Zack for a while.

My school day was a mix of work and fun, with cheerleading and band practice being the most fun and the election coverage the least interesting part of my day.  I’ll get to that part of the update in a bit; though I don’t actually consider the election results particularly newsworthy either for me personally or in the grand scheme of things.  Our cheerleading practice was again all about getting ready for our first playoff game.  Dani is looking ahead beyond this week too; but only with a bit of planning.  With sudden-death playoffs, there’s no point in getting too far ahead of ourselves.  With Halloween over now, band practice was all about Christmas music to get ready for the start of the parade and concert season that is amazingly now less than five weeks away.

I didn’t think about that back when Rowen wanted to know if I’d try out for cheerleading but if our team makes it to the championship game; we’ll end up jumping straight from football into parades and concerts without even one weekend off!  Add in the teen praise team practices to get ready for the Christmas show at the church and helping out with the Christmas concert at school; and Michael and I are going to seriously need the vacation time at Christmas.

Don’t get me wrong – I love the parades and concerts; and wish we did more of that during the rest of the year with the band.  Maybe we’ll see what we can do about that next year – though I have no idea how to add more to my schedule than I already have going on.  It still would be really nice to do more than just practice for half of the school year without any performances at all.

Again, moving along, Mom had a gang of family and friends over for Dad’s birthday dinner party.  Aunt Leanne had another barfy moment or two, but mostly held it together – at least while I was there.  Michael, Tim, Lucas, Rebecca, and Rowen came home with me for the dinner after our football and band practices too; and three out of four sets of parents were either already there or on the way by then.  Michael and I had to get to our teen praise team practice for seven o’clock, so we didn’t have time for much more than eating our meal and then heading out the door again; but everyone else was able to relax and enjoy spending some quality time roasting Dad and enjoying the meal that included a pair of Jacob Stone special side-dishes.  We stayed for the birthday song and candles; but missed the dessert and gift opening part of the fun.

It was a work and school night, though, so the party didn’t last long anyway – and was over by the time we got back from spending an hour and a half working on new music for both our Thanksgiving and Christmas services.  Stacey is going all out for Christmas this year, and she’s going to have Michael and me very involved in the music; so we’re going to have extra work there too.  At this rate, I’m going to need to start doing daily time-phases to make more than twenty-four hours in all of my days just to keep up!

Before I move along, though, there was one news item that I should have mentioned from dinnertime.  With quite a few of the parents there, we – the teens – got approval for our Saturday sleepover plans; and Michael and Rebecca will be hosting the event this time.  Tim still needed to get parental approval, and Jenny and Lance will get their invitations by tomorrow at the latest; but I’d say it’s a done deal at this point.

Michael came home with me for a while after our praise team practice, and while he didn’t stay late; we did do a Magi lesson with Mom, took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked into their beds, and had a little alone time in the lounge before he went home for the night and I got to work on my usual bedtime studies and family business work.  We did our homework while in the lounge too, but that was easy enough with the help of a time-phase to get it out of the way and not interfere with our minor make-out session.

Yes, a major make-out session in a time-phase was an option; but we resisted the urge. ;^)

That was a good decision because I’ve ended up working for nearly four hours now – including some Jacuzzi time multi-tasking with the first round of language studies.  The only comment I’ll make about the work part of my night is that it’s been strange working on family business projects for next year going out into the spring and even next summer on a day when two of my group practices were just starting preparations for Christmas events.  Christmas is one of my very favorite times of the year, but with the inevitable weather descent into winter that we’re dealing with now; I had more fun playing in virtual tropical or summer paradises tonight.

Maybe Mom and Dad will consider a winter getaway somewhere south and warm sometime sooner than later.  I wouldn’t want to be away from home for Christmas; but skipping school for a week in January or February to do that – or a March Break adventure – would definitely work for me.

I’m getting all warm and toasty just thinking about the possibilities – though I’d better not spend too much time thinking about travel options with Michael too much; or I’ll need to go and take a cold shower to get some sleep.

That brings us back around to the election news.  The politically cynical side of me would report that everyone in the country – and the rest of the world, for that matter – lost the election tonight.  Then again, that isn’t quite true – the rich and powerful manage to win every election one way or the other.  In this country, and really most others; there is no true, difference-making choices for governments anyway.  I really don’t want to get into a rant about that no matter how tempting.  For our little town, it really doesn’t matter whether Republicans or Democrats have control of the Senate or House of Representatives.  We’ll take care of our own here, and if the governments of the world will stay out of our way; we’ll even try to do that for the rest of the world – though that’s not going to happen nearly as fast as I wish that it could.

It would be nice if the Ascension of the Light includes a future when the current political mess we call governments are irrelevant.

A girl can dream. ;^)

The best news about the election tonight, though, is that we’ll have one post-mortem day of analysis at school; and then we can ignore politics again for another couple of years while we don’t pay attention to the twenty-sixteen election cycle that the politicians and media will start harping on by Thursday.  They all seem to love the games and theatre; but most of us have lives to live; and can’t be bothered with any of that idiocy.

I will not rant; I will not rant...

I should mention that all of the adults in my family did go out and vote like good little citizens, but don’t get too excited about that; because protest-voting is very popular in Witch Falls – meaning that neither of the two major political parties ever win even a third of the votes – and usually less than a quarter between both sides.  Now that I think about that, though; I guess there is one Magi-related election news flash that would be nice to know – what the Magi vote break-down is for these elections.  No, it doesn’t make a difference for any of the vote results; but it could be a cute little fun fact.  That same question wouldn’t be a big deal for Dark Magi; since I’m sure they just vote for whomever they own – assuming they don’t own all candidates anyway.

That’s more than enough election coverage from my perspective, and if you’re actually interested in the details from a history point of view whenever you’re reading this; feel free to Google it – or do whatever it is you’ll do to get information in my future.  All I want to do right now is call it a night and get some sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!