Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 1, 2014



It felt more like winter than fall yesterday morning with the temperature dipping below freezing overnight, and while it warmed up a little by the afternoon; our start to November definitely felt like fall with a hint of winter on the way.

No, that use of the word ‘yesterday’ was not a mistake.  It’s Sunday morning; and I’m writing this while taking my turn getting ready for church while Dad, Michael, and Ethan are busy making breakfast.  The reason for that is because I fell asleep on the sofa in the lounge last night after a very long, busy work day and didn’t get any of my usual bedtime computing finished.  The bad part of that is the fact that I also missed out on most of the alone time opportunity I had with Michael after we helped with getting Ethan and Ehlana off to bed for the night.  The good news is that Michael fell asleep too; and was still cuddled with me on the sofa when we woke up this morning! ;^)

We are so going to get razzed about that today – especially since we’ve already been advised that pictures were taken to prove how cute we are when we fall asleep together like that, but my parents weren’t able to wake us up and send Michael home anymore than his parents could when we had that sofa sleepover at his house; so I’m really okay with the teasing and jokes cost that will come along with getting to do all-night cuddle sessions with Michael.  You could also say that my highlight of the day for yesterday and this morning was that getting to wake up snuggled with Michael.  Since we did work pretty much the rest of the time yesterday, though; that’s not really saying much about the fun level of our day.

Okay, there was some fun here and there too.  Breakfast with a gang of kids and teens yesterday was awesome, and Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam came over to join us for that – and help with the cooking and clean-up before taking their little angel home with them.  That was also a lot of work for Michael, Tim, Rowen, and me to help out with both the work in the kitchen and juggling getting all of the younger kids ready for the day before breakfast.  Not all of our little guests were particularly excited about their wake-up calls – especially after getting upwards of several hours less sleep than normal.  Then there were the fully-charged kids – like Zack and Leah.  Keeping up with them was tougher than dealing with the cranky kids.

Those hours of whirlwind action, fun, and entertainment were followed by an all-day yard work session that included packing up the Halloween decorations for another year and putting them away.  Michael, Rowen, and Tim had all moved on by then, so Dad and I did most of that work while Mom was busy with the twins and the indoor chores; and we kept busy right up until I was set free to hit the showers and get ready to go and help out at the Inn for the dinner rush.  Before I get to that part of the report, I’ll also mention that the yard work just wasn’t much fun today – not even the decorations clean-up.  Dad and I were frozen most of the morning, and even with the help of the new lawn tractor and the cool vacuum-bagger gizmo on it; working in the leaves and garden just sucked today.  I am so glad that the fall clean-up work is nearly finished for another year!

The main reason I was helping out at the Inn last night was because Jacob and Miranda were a few teens short of the normal crew – including Rebecca.  Most of them were at a birthday party; though a couple were off for other reasons.

Happy Birthday, Paul!

That’s the first time his birthday has been mentioned in my journal, and while I didn’t have anything to do with his big day at all, Michael and I did get a little gift for his teammate that we sent along with Rebecca when she and Lucas went to the party.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were not invited too, and there might be some speculation about whether that was because this is also Paul’s first birthday with Vanessa as his girlfriend; but I’m sure it had more to do with Paul not being able to invite all of his family, friends, and everyone on the football team too.  I do hope that he had a good day; and I’ll pass on the news if there was anything worth reporting once we get the party report from Rebecca later this morning or afternoon.

With the light staff at the Inn, we were very busy there; though the dinner crowd was lighter than usual for a Saturday night – probably due to Halloween overload.  I’m not going to suggest that the work at the Inn was the reason for why Michael and I both fell asleep within fifteen or twenty minutes of snuggling together on the sofa in the lounge last night, but for me; the combination of not much sleep Friday night with the crazy-busy morning; tough, cold yard work day; and the hours in the kitchen at the Inn definitely did run down my batteries to the exhaustion level.

The early crash and nap also means that I don’t have any other news to report today, and I do need to finish getting ready for church in time to have breakfast; so, until next time – sometime tonight...

...May the Magi Force be with you!