Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 13, 2014



I was back at full power this morning after getting the extra sleep last night; and we’ve had a pretty good day around here too – though still way too cold compared to the start of the week.  When the temperature drops into the teens or low-twenties with a wind chill flirting with being a single-digit number; hovering around freezing by mid-afternoon looks good.

Not so much compared to when it was in the seventies on Monday.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining; joining the ‘polar vortex’ fan club; or thinking about applying a little Magi power to warm things up around here again – though that would be awesome!

I am saying that I’m missing Tai Chi by the river; and breaking out the winter coat, gloves, and hat already isn’t all that much fun.

The weather has had something to do with why I spent most of my day indoors – except for our cheerleading practice.  Dani felt the need to have us continue working out in the cold to get ready for the game tomorrow night.  We do need to be ready for that, but sub-freezing temperatures are going to be harder on the spectators than on us or the players.  I’d suggest that we won’t have a big crowd if it is that cold by game time, but it’s a home playoff match-up; so there will still be a good turn-out – even if that means huddling under blankets to stay warm.

Thanksgiving is two weeks from today, so football wasn’t the only chat topic around school.  Holiday plans are news now, whether that’s because of trips being made or big family events at home; and holiday weekend shopping gets more attention from the girls than football for sure.  A few of the girls are very excited about going away for Black Friday shopping adventures, and I’m sure that’ll be fun for them; but Rowen and I will be happy to be here at home for that – unless we’re away for a certain championship football game with our team and cheerleading squad.  If that happens, I hope that Michael and Tim appreciate how much we love them to give up one of our favorite shopping days of the year – especially when it would even mean missing out on the first-ever Black Friday sale for the second-hand store.

Then again, that store is for charity and non-profit; so maybe I should just pay full-price there anyway.  Now that would be a first – me not being excited about buying things on sale!

While cheerleading practice and spending time with my friends today was where a lot of the fun was; we did actually accomplish a few things at school too.  There was one test, some free time to work on projects, and some play time in music that was masked in a lesson on writing musical scores for quartets or ensembles.  Considering how much of my week days I spend in classes, I don’t write about what goes on in them here in my journal; but I hope you understand that the what we do in those classes really is all for appearances.  While I can and do have fun; I don’t really think about the lessons any more than most people think about basic, every day activities that you do and just don’t think about at all.  Writing about a math test when it’s not really any different than if I was getting tested on brushing my teeth or combing my hair just isn’t something I think of as newsworthy.

I moved on from school to spend the evening at the Inn.  That started out feeling a little strange because I was there on my own while Michael was busy with his football practice and Rebecca was at the last day of try-outs for basketball.  The girls will find out the results tomorrow, but Rebecca is sure that she’s made the team – and not just because Carolyn Landry assured her that she will.  While Rebecca and Michael were busy, I had fun playing in the kitchen with Jacob and the rest of the kitchen crew helping out with the prep-line work.  I got teased about getting as much work done as Rebecca or Michael and I get done combined when they’re here, and that was actually true; but that worked out pretty well for us because Jacob didn’t need the help by the time Rebecca and Michael did get there and we were set free to do our homework and have dinner.

Helping out with the kitchen clean-up after that wasn’t optional, but there hadn’t been a big dinner crowd; and we still managed to have that work finished by the time the gamers started arriving for game night.  That was another blast of fun, and though Michael and I didn’t win the junior championship; we managed to be top-three even with spending as much time with Ethan and Ehlana as we did focusing on the games.  After missing out on my Magi lesson last night and having extra work waiting for me at home; I left the Inn with Mom, Dad, and the twins instead of helping with the clean-up.

Even with doing that, by the time I was finished doing my lesson with Mom and helped to get Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; my bedtime studies and family business work didn’t get going until nearly eleven-thirty.  I got a lot done because I don’t expect to have time to do much of that this weekend, but I’m also running low on power again; and the nap I have time for isn’t going to be enough to recharge.

It’s a good thing that I have other options! ;^)

It is still time to call it a night, though, and I don’t have any other news from today anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!