Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 11, 2014



I am not going to tell anyone that I used the ‘S’ word in my journal last night, because that could put the blame for the white stuff that we woke up to this morning squarely on my shoulders.  There wasn’t a lot of snow, and the ground was too warm for it to hang around long; but there was a thick dusting out there first thing this morning.

Enough that Michael, Rebecca, and I had a nice little snowball fight in the back yard with Ethan and Ehlana between Tai Chi and breakfast.

That made for a fun start to the day even if it wasn’t much fun going from warm and Tai Chi by the river to below freezing and snowy in just twenty-four hours.  So was my wake-up call, thanks to Ehlana and Ethan waking Michael up first and then getting him to attempt the sleeping beauty wake-up for me while they watched on and giggled at us.  Having snow outside and two of our favorite guests with us had Dad deciding to cook a pancakes and bacon breakfast for us, so the fun kept rolling while we enjoyed that; and then took turns getting ready for work or school along with getting the kitchen cleaned up.  Mom and Dad didn’t enjoy cleaning off the van and truck, but at least the driveway and sidewalks didn’t need to be shoveled; and they did have some teen help for the work that earned us a ride to school instead of needing to walk there in the cold.

Rowen caught up with us in time to get a ride too, and that gave us a few extra minutes at school before classes started to check in with some of our friends and compare first-snow stories that were mostly all about playing in the fluffy white stiff.  As I mentioned, it didn’t stick around on the ground for long, and was pretty much melted by the time we were in our home rooms and getting started on our school day.  The cold was a big story there today, but football still ruled.  Now it just included speculation on what the sub-freezing weather might mean for our game on Friday.  That will give the players on both teams a challenge, but I’m also sure that Coach Robinson will have the guys as ready as they can be by then.  They certainly got a good chance to practice for that this afternoon – just as Rowen and I did for our cheerleading practice at noon.

Speaking of cheerleading, I can also report that Vanessa and Nora are finished being mad at us now for sure.  Part of that was confirmed today when they were overheard joking about not being stuck outdoors and freezing at lunchtime today; but the main reason they’re happy campers now is because they’re going to be on the basketball cheerleading squad.  Some of the other girls on our squad will be doing both, but it is optional; and Rowen and I both think that we have enough on our plates without adding another three or four months of practices and games to our schedule for more cheerleading.  The fact that it works out great for Vanessa and Nora is a nice bonus; and we’re happy to be off their naughty list in time for Christmas! ;^)

This update is getting a bit disjointed now, but while I’m on basketball; I should have mentioned in yesterday’s update that Rebecca is trying out for the team this week.  Unlike football, most of the girls and guys can make nearly all of the other sports teams, but Rebecca really likes court sports; and I’m sure that she’ll be one of the best players – along with Carolyn Landry and the rest of the usual group of sport-loving girls she hangs out with.  Carolyn will be happy to have Rebecca on the team with her for sure – though she isn’t happy with me for declining her invitations to do several sports with her so far this year.  I’d have fun doing that, but can’t do everything; and playing on school sports teams just isn’t high on my list of priorities.

Okay, let’s get back to the school part of the report.  It’s Veteran’s Day, so that was worked into the program, but since I just wrote a Veteran’s Day in my journal last year; I won’t bore future readers with yet another review so soon after that – and there wasn’t as much going on for us anyway compared to last year when government and civics was such a big part of our curriculum all year.  I had two tests; Michael, Rowen, and I aced them as always; and Tim is starting to scare himself with just how well he’s doing again this year.  I haven’t mentioned his academic successes yet this year, and he isn’t getting perfect marks all of the time like the rest of us in our little foursome do; but he is running a solid, low-nineties average in most subjects.  What’s funniest about that is the fact that he doesn’t even really mention that with the other guys.  For some strange reason, football stats are okay to be proud of; but being one of the top five students in every class is embarrassing.  He is okay with the marks making his mother very proud and happy, though; so he keeps working with us even when he’d sometimes rather be doing anything else.

I don’t feel as though I’ve had any down time at all since this morning; and found myself once again wishing that I had a little more free time and less responsibility and commitments.  Cheerleading practice a noon; band practice after school; studying between then and our teen praise team practice; and that practice kept me busy through until nearly nine o’clock.  Michael, Rebecca, and I even studied while having dinner.  Add in a near-double Magi lesson after that; extra archive homework; an hour of language studies; and two hours of family business work, and it’s been a very long day.

Rebecca went home tonight when Michael and I walked over to the church for our practice after we cleaned up from dinner.  Michael went home after our practice because he knew how much work I had waiting for me at mine; and we even kept our goodnight hugs and kisses short – and out on his front porch in the cold so that I wasn’t tempted to get comfortable with some cuddle time in his living room and end up staying there too long.

With his parents still inbound on their way home from meeting his new baby cousin; that was way too tempting.  Yes, Aunt Leanne; I definitely need to get away from my parents more often!

That didn’t happen tonight, though; and blowing off my responsibilities won’t happen very often anyway.

There really isn’t anything else that I need to write about from that studying and work tonight, though, and getting started on my nap now is an option; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!