Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, November 28, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 27, 2014



Happy Thanksgiving!

It certainly has been a happy day around here – along with crazy, busy, and exhausting!

Tai Chi this morning was about the only quiet time Michael or I had through until tonight; and only about ten minutes ago for me when Dawn finally fell asleep and I could get started on my bedtime computer checks.  I’m not doing much of that, because I need to be up early and get ready to leave for the football game; but I did at least want to write this and get my email checked in case there were any family business jobs that needed to be dealt with before I head out tomorrow.

I helped on the cooking side of breakfast after seeing Michael out and on his way home after Tai Chi; breakfast was in the dining room; and non-stop action for an hour; and then I took my turn getting ready for the day along with still having time to help with part of the kitchen clean-up.  Oh yeah, and the breakfast cooking time included getting a turkey in the oven and other early-morning dinner prep-work.  I wasn’t home for that family dinner, but I can’t honestly be too sad about that; since I was at the family dinner that Jacob cooked for the Stone family today.  I’m not suggesting that I’m going to keep Michael just for the food his father cooks; but it is a seriously awesome bonus that goes along with the rest of the amazing package! ;^)

To be honest, the rest of the day from then until we sat down to that amazing Thanksgiving dinner was a bit of a blur.  Yes, I remember every single detail, and can replay it all later; but it felt as though we didn’t actually do anything except run around from house to house and spend a few minutes here and there with as many people as we could.  Michael and I did at least get to mostly do that together, and we had others with us for parts of those visits; but we didn’t really have time for more than those short visits.

For me, that started out at his house; we did another visit with his cousins; moved on to spend some time with the Bassetts – and Jessica, Ryan, and Sophia in particular; and wrapped up our morning with a visit to Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and their gang.  Lunch was at my house; afternoon visits included stops at the Everett and Emerson houses; and then we were at Michael’s house for dinner with just the Stone family.  They’d considered including the Bassett clan too, but decided against that – mostly so that Jacob could have the time with his family without the extra company around; and so that it wasn’t too much for Annie or Heidi to deal with.

That was my favorite few hours of the day – especially since Michael and I got to do that with Rebecca and Lucas.  He’d had to pick between family dinners too, since it wasn’t an option for Rebecca; but that wasn’t any tougher for him than it was for me.  Jacob’s family only comes home once or twice a year; and we’ll support Rebecca and Michael because they do the same for us the rest of the year with our families.  While Michael and I were out of the loop for cooking dinner at his house, that was not the case for the clean-up.  We were drafted right along with Rebecca and Lucas, and since Jacob’s parents are old-school when it comes to guests doing any work; we did not have relative support for that as we would with my family, so we were kept busy doing that for about an hour and a half.

By then, there wasn’t much time left for more than a visit with Michael’s cousins, and then it was time for us to move on again – to my house for the rest of the evening.  My lounge was teen and kid central for the Proctor clan; and we also had extra overnight guests.  Jaimie and Kaitlyn are camping in the lounge now; and Jayden is doing a sleepover with Ethan in his room.  Jonathan isn’t here tonight; but only because his mother insisted on him spending some time with his own family – and Christina and Josiah while they’re home for the weekend from college.

Speaking of college, I actually ‘saw’ Jake and Stephanie more than Violet and Dillon – through a video chat with them live from New York during dinner at Michael’s house.  Violet and Dillon were on a different schedule than I was for meals; and she’s staying with his family instead of us while they’re here after getting to spend the first half of their break with her family in Woodvale.  We did cross paths for a minute once; but it doesn’t look as though I’m going to see them much before they head back to school on Sunday – especially when I’ll be very busy for the next two days.

Anyway, teen and kid play time in the lounge, and my room, was a lot of fun; but Michael had to be home early for his football curfew.  The team will be leaving very early to get to the stadium in time for warm-ups and a walk-through – the downside of being the smallest of small school classifications and drawing the first championship match.  The good part of that, from my perspective, is that we’ll have a lot of time left over after the game for fun – whether we’re celebrating a championship or not.

Moving this along, Michael went home before Ethan, Ehlana, and Jayden were sent to bed by the parents, and the two boys had fun playing video games with Chris and Martin right up until getting their bedtime marching orders.  Ehlana spent that time with Dawn, Jaimie, Kaitlyn, and me.  We split our time between the lounge, my room, and one visit with the parents and grandparents in the living room.  I haven’t mentioned pro and college football yet, but that was part of the action at every house today too – at least from the time the first games started this afternoon.  I’m glad that all of the guys had fun watching parts or all of those games, and I will get the game stats in time to keep up with the inevitable football talk Tim will be doing for the rest of the weekend; but game results are not interesting enough to me to list them here in my journal.

The bedtime girl chat with Dawn, Jaimie, and Kaitlyn was much more entertaining, and a nice bonus that came along with having my younger two cousins here for the night was that Chris and Martin didn’t play video games in the lounge half the night like they had with Jonathan last night.  They instead went down to the living room not too long after Ethan and Jayden went to bed; watched some football with some of the other guys; and are now playing video games down there instead – probably for half the night.

I won’t be staying up for that, though; since I do have that early wake-up call coming to get ready for my own championship football-cheerleading adventure trip.  We really have had an awesome Thanksgiving even with all of the crazy-busy, and there was way more happening than I could ever include in this update, but I have covered the basics; so it’s time to call it a night and get as much rest as I can to be ready to cheer my head off for Michael and our team tomorrow – along with everything else we’ll be doing!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!