Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - November 16, 2014



Happy 7th Birthday, Kaitlyn!

We sent gifts and had a breakfast-time call with her; but that was our only involvement in her special day.  She did have a fun afternoon planned, though; so I’m sure she’s had a great day.

It was definitely not birthday party exciting around here today, but before I get to that; I need to do the football report that I apparently wasn’t excited enough about yesterday to add to my journal.  Tim was happy to remind me today at church just how important it was; so here’s the quick update.

For round three of the high school playoffs, we’ll be on the road and up against Hillcrest.  That news has a lot of the guys worried because Hillcrest handed us our first loss of the regular season back in week four; and that was on their home turf too.  Their record for the season was better than ours too; so we’ve got our work cut out for us this time to overcome the odds.  Tim is definitely one of the guys who are worried about the match-up, but Michael is okay with it – and they do at least have the advantage of some game experience against Hillcrest.  Yes, that goes both ways, but I agree that it’s better to be up against a team that you know a bit about instead of one you haven’t played before at all – at least this season.

I’m not sure why Tim thinks that the college football report is all that important this week.  Kyle had another good game, but his team lost again; and they basically have zero chance of earning a bowl game invitation.  Rowen would tell you that Tim spent too much time watching and talking football yesterday, but she did eventually manage to distract him for a little quality make-out time too before she needed to go home for the night.  If you’re wondering whether Michael misses watching all of those games or not; I can assure you that he doesn’t – and I’d know if he was just telling me that without meaning it.

Anyway, I’ll skip the rest of the football chat that Tim needed to talk about with us, but if you’re interested in the college highlights; I’m sure you can look up the history online – or however you’ll do things like that in the future.  My personal life was not at all affected by the number one college team losing their game – or by any of the other wins and losses.  My day was filled with mostly-normal, unexciting action; but it was all important to me because I got to do everything with my family and friends.

Tai Chi was indoors; Michael stayed for breakfast so that he could get in on the phone call to Kaitlyn; and we had another busy morning at Sunday school while getting ready for Thanksgiving.  Michael was at the Inn for lunch; so I was at home with Mom, Dad, and the twins for a soup and sandwiches lunch that Ethan, Ehlana, and I followed up with some play time while Dad got back to work in the office.  Rowen and Tim came over in time to do homework with Michael and me during Michael’s afternoon break; and then I went back to the Inn with him to help out during the buffet rush.

We stayed until close tonight because Miranda and Jacob were a little short-handed; so I came straight home from there except for a quick round of goodnight hugs and kisses with the Stone family in front of their house.  Mom did my Magi lesson then while Ethan and Ehlana were finishing up some college assignments; I tucked them in for the night; and have been working on my computer since getting changed and into bed with Mandy.  That was three and a half hours ago, but I had a lot to do – especially with Thanksgiving now just a week and a half away.  With Dad in the city this week, Mom’s going to be even busier than usual; and we need to get ready for the holiday weekend incoming.

This is going to be an extra-busy holiday for us – and especially for Michael and me because the Stone family is going to be here for this holiday instead of Christmas after deciding that they’d rather make the long trip with a new baby now instead of at the end of the year when the weather might not be very good.  That is going to mean that I won’t be able to do everything with my family, but since Michael almost always spends more time with my family; I’m okay with having the occasional weekend where we need to hang out with his family instead.

It’s late, and I need to get up to see Dad off on his trip to the city in a couple of hours; so it’s time to wrap this up and get started on that nap.  That isn’t going to be much down time for me, but I’d better just get used to that for the coming week – we’re all going to be very busy.  That is all I have for tonight, though; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!