Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, May 9, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 8, 2014



The rain did come today as forecast, but held off until after we were at school this morning; took a break that allowed us to have our baseball practice; and didn’t get heavier until later this evening.  I didn’t entirely escape getting rained on, but Michael and I didn’t mind getting a little damp on the way home from the park – or the play time while he helped me to get changed while we waited for Mom, Dad, and the twins to get home from the Inn.

When I was commenting on missing out on game night in my last journal report, I hadn’t been thinking about the potential for alone time with Michael instead – mostly because I was expecting that we’d just head back to the Inn for post-baseball snacks and drinks.  I guess we’ll have to thank the rain – and Tim.  He was definitely thinking about parent and brother-free time with Rowen; while getting rained on gave us a reason to skip a stop at the Inn – strictly to avoid getting teased about Michael, me, and rain! ;^)

After chatting with Rowen on our computers a while ago, I can report that there are now four teens who have discovered that you don’t have to be at the Inn to have fun on game night.  Since Michael’s parents host the event, I doubt that we can come up with weekly excuses not to be there; but I also won’t be at all surprised if Rowen and Tim start missing more game nights than they attend from now on – at least for as long as they can get away with it.

We did get enough rain during the day that we didn’t want to be out on the main part of the ball diamond tonight; so we just practiced out on the grass instead.  While we don’t have super sports star Carolyn Landry on our team this year, I think that we do have a good mix of players.  Rowen and I are catching up on height with most of the girls in Rebecca and Jenny’s class – and have passed a few of them already.  That makes it easier for us to compete than it is for Michael and Tim; though we are two of the better athletes anyway.  While we had a pretty good first practice with Coach Claire and our friends; baseball wasn’t really the main action at the park tonight.

I’m sure it’s obvious that Michael and Tim opted to come to the park with us instead of going to game night; and they were the only guys there.  Who could’ve guessed that girl-watching might be popular with teenage boys?  Most of them would deny it, but all of the usual games they play were going on – and particularly obvious with the younger guys who were trying to impress Emma Norton and the other twelve-year old girls.  Emma’s still in Grade Six, so that’s probably a bit scary for her mother, but if Emma is interested in any particular boy right now; she wasn’t giving any hint of that tonight – or he wasn’t there.

The most interesting part of the evening for me was having Emma’s older brother, Lucas, there with them.  He hung out with Michael, Tim, and a few of the older guys, and while he was being very careful about it; I had no problem seeing which girl he was most-interested in watching tonight.  There are some advantages to photographic memories and superior math skills.  A few surreptitious glances might actually be innocent – eighty-one of them in about an hour is a pattern.  Add in the fact that Lucas, Michael, and Tim tossed a football around for nearly half of that time; and it’s a wonder Lucas didn’t miss a few catches – even though he managed to position himself with Michael and Tim between him and the target of his interest.

Now, should I mention names or save that news for a while – even though you’ll be reading this in the future when the information won’t be a surprise?  Let’s save it for now; since I have a feeling this particular story is going to develop fairly quickly now.  Lucas is quiet, shy, and a lot like Michael, but he’s also getting some attention from the girls now that he’s hit his growth spurt – and particularly now that he hasn’t been bundled up in cold or cool-weather clothes.  He still hides a lot underneath baggy shirts and pants or long shorts; so I suspect that those girls are going to be particularly surprised this summer at how much he’s changed in a year.

No, I don’t have any inside information there – that conclusion is again due to my memory and math; and I can tell you that all of the farm work and weight training with Michael, Tim, and the other guys is really paying off for Lucas!  While I’m going to keep some of what I know to myself for now, I will predict here that when Lucas does find his single social status changing; there are going to be a few girls kicking themselves for overlooking him – literally – for the past few years.

Our practice ended when it started raining again; and Michael and I walked home with Rebecca, Jenny, Rowen, and Tim.  I’ve already covered the Michael and me time after that, and you don’t need the details; so let’s take up the story from when Mom and Dad got home from the Inn with the twins.  We did a group Magi lesson with Michael, and then he needed to get home while Mom and I did bath time with Ethan and Ehlana and Dad started working in the office.  We did the snack and story time after the bath with Dad; I took care of tucking my brother and sister in for the night; and then I hit the Jacuzzi for a nice long soak while multi-tasking my language studies.  Rowen and I did our little chat then too; though she was probably sleeping before I got out of the tub and finished getting ready for bed.  I started on my family business work after getting into bed with Mandy; and have been doing that for a couple of hours now.

That was mostly a continuation of the work I did after school – and after we finished our study session at the Inn.  I had to miss out on helping out there during the dinner rush to do my own work instead; but I would have been up most of the night if I’d played at the Inn instead – and I didn’t want to leave that work for this weekend.  Dad and I already have enough on the go because Mom is getting the weekend off from work as part of her Mother’s Day fun and entertainment.

Mom’s weekend off starts on Friday afternoon sometime, and most of the other Moms in our family are going to be enjoying the same opportunity; so it’s time for me to move on to nap time so that I’ll be ready for that – and spending time with my family and friends at our dinner and a movie night.  I’ve skipped over a lot of the action today, including Tai Chi and breakfast with bonus fun from Naomi and Aiden, and we had a pretty good day at school too despite the rain; but I’m tired out and have had enough fun for today without making it any longer than it already has been.

The rain has temporarily moved the summer-like weather out of the area for a day or two; but we’re still supposed to have a nice, spring-weather weekend; so we should manage to have some outdoor fun – even for those of us who won’t have the weekend off from work.

I’ll keep you posted on how that goes, but that’s it for tonight; so until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!