Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 16, 2014



Happy 1st Birthday, Rebekkah!

I’m sure that she’s having a good day; but my motivation for starting this update with that news is because my aunts, uncles, and cousins were at her party tonight instead of doing dinner and a movie night with us this week.  Zack and Leah were there – with their parents – for Rebekkah; while Uncle Mark and Aunt Grace were there for their friends, Pastor John and Stacey.  There’s a good chance that I’ll eventually be more involved with Zack’s and Leah’s friends once they’re all a bit older; but that won’t be until they’re all a bit more mobile.

None of our favorite college teens are home yet tonight, but they are all finished exams now; and will be getting home tomorrow or Sunday.  There have been some incoming teens here, but they were either finished exams earlier; or at comparatively nearby colleges.  Violet, Dillon, Jake, and Stephanie will be here tomorrow afternoon or evening; and Christina and Josiah will be home on Sunday after stopping in at her house on the way home.  Yes, I’m making that distinction intentionally; and Christina would agree that Witch Falls is already home for her now.

It wasn’t that long ago that we would have been thrilled with a spring day like we had today, and it was nice enough that we were able to be outside and playing when we wanted; but I’m again wishing for warmer temperatures.  They are on the way according to the forecast; but we’ll still have another day or two of spring before getting back to more summer-like temperatures next week.  I’ll be a happy camper if that carries through the holiday weekend!

Cool was more like cold first thing this morning, so we stayed indoors for Tai Chi again.  Michael stayed for a quick breakfast before moving on to his weight training with Tim and the other guys.  I was ready to go to school early enough that I even had time for a little chat with Rowen and her parents while she finished having breakfast; and then we were off and running for the day.  There isn’t really anything to report from school today, and though the senior class is home tonight; I haven’t actually talked with any of them tonight to pass on any first-hand stories from their trip.  I’ll see Alicia tomorrow, though; so if there’s anything interesting to write about I’ll add that to my next update.

That does remind me that we’ll be losing another babysitter to college this summer – and Mom will lose her part-time helper too.  It isn’t as though I’ve forgotten that; but more like I’m staying in denial until I have to face the fact that I strongly resemble the person that Mom will be replacing Alicia with this year instead of looking elsewhere for help around the house and with Ethan and Ehlana.  Let’s just put those thoughts away again until I have to deal with it by mid-August.

Since we weren’t having a dinner and a movie night, Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were free to make our own plans – particularly since Dad decided to work tonight to get ready for his week in the city because he won’t have time to do that tomorrow.  Rowen and I decided to do a sleepover; Mom approved a pizza, wings, and potato wedges dinner for all of us; and we opted for a play, video gaming, and movie night that started with some biking and park time once we were set free from school for the weekend.  We took Ethan and Ehlana along for that; started with the usual construction site tour; and the park time included some football and a lot of running around at the playground before we needed to head home again in time for dinner.

It was cooling off again early, so we spent most of the evening indoors except for an after-dinner walk.  Ethan and Ehlana were with us for the video gaming in the lounge after that; and then we had a break while they got ready for bed and we did story and snack time in the office with Mom and Dad.  Michael and I took care of getting my brother and sister tucked in for the night too, and Tim and Rowen were happy with that; since it gave them some alone time in the lounge while they forgot all about picking out a movie for us to watch once Michael and I caught up with them again.

That last couple of hours of cuddle time with Michael was my favorite part of the day, and we had fun chatting with Rowen and Tim while they cuddled too; though the sci-fi action flick was definitely B-grade and forgettable – at least for those of us who don’t have photographic memories.  Michael and Tim needed to head home shortly before midnight, so we did the usual split-up that was all about getting a few minutes of privacy for goodnight hugs and kisses and nothing to do with cleaning up from our drinks and snacks.  Rowen and I took care of that after the boys had left; starting with washing glasses and bowls in the kitchen, and ending with a once-through of the lounge.

Mom and Dad had already gone to bed before Michael and Tim had left; so we just got changed and into bed with Mandy and our computers.  As usual, Rowen has been happily surfing YouTube for the musical or strange while we’ve been having a nice long girl chat and I’ve been doing my usual nightly computer checks.  My email volume should drop a bit now that my favorite college teens are on the way home for the summer, and other than a couple of business-related email I needed to take care of; my usual checks didn’t take long to get through tonight.

Rowen’s going to be working at the computer store in the morning, and I have a full yard work day that’s going to include helping out with building a new dock in the afternoon.  It’s still going to be on the cool side tomorrow, which will make it very cold in the river when it’s time to take the old dock out and put the new one in; but we want to have it done in time for the holiday weekend if that’s at all possible.  That’s why I’m going to wrap this up and put my computer away; though we’ll probably watch some more videos on Rowen’s computer before getting around to the sleep part of our sleepover.

We’ve had a pretty good start to the weekend tonight, and though we have a lot of work to get done tomorrow; I think we’ll still manage to keep the fun going.  With a little luck; I might even get to have a little alone time with Michael too!

I think I’ll spend some time dreaming about that tonight; so, until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!