Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 21, 2014



Happy 1st Birthday, Kendra!

I wasn’t involved in her big day in any way; but anyone reading this in the future will know why I’m including the little milestone here. ;^)

We’ve had another beautiful day; and another lost outdoor play opportunity while I mostly worked.  It’s after three right now, though; so I’m going to make this fairly short tonight.

It was a long weekend work day at home, but I had to get through school and an expanded study session in the lounge that Sally, Joshua, and Gretchen joined us for.  There isn’t really anything earth-shaking to report from school – just the ongoing exam preparation and scramble to get end of term projects finished and handed in.  Our three friends joined our study group tonight to have us help them with getting ready for exams, and while we had fun hanging out together; we got a fair bit of work done too.  Michael, Tim, and Rowen were all given extra time before needing to get to their part-time jobs to study longer, but I was on my own again by five-thirty; and got to work helping Mom and Violet around the house and in the kitchen.

Since they’d been working all day, I stayed at home when it was time for Mom to get to her baseball practice after dinner; and Violet went along to play with Ethan and Ehlana at the park.  I rotated a couple of dishes in and out of the oven; chopped a small mound of potatoes to get them ready for a salad; and used a little Magi power to do some housework and laundry along the way too.

WARNING to any kids or teens who might be allowed to read this someday in the future – do not experiment with washing clothes using the elements, telekinesis, and air shields to hold it all together unless you know what you’re doing!  Your parents will not be impressed if you flood any part of your house, destroy the clothes, or even just send wet clothes flying all over the place.

No, that is not the voice of experience – I learned my lesson about Magi-powered messes back when I was a baby and tried to change my own diaper so that I didn’t have to wake Mom up.  She laughs about it now; but didn’t find it funny at the time while keeping me from landing on my head and then cleaning up the mess I’d made when the contents of my diaper had gone flying everywhere.

I am so glad that can never be a story told outside of our Magi family!

Moving along, though; I worked the entire time that Mom, Violet, and the twins were at the park; we finished up Mom’s cooking plans for the day after they got home again; and then cleaned up before Violet and Dillon went to hang out with Jake, Stephanie, Josiah, and Christina for a couple of hours.  Mom did Magi lessons with us after that; we both took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed; and then I came up to my room to get started on my usual studies and work.  I put in the extra time again tonight because the little extra push was enough that I won’t need to do any extra work tomorrow night.  With luck, I might even get a normal night of sleep and be fully charged for the weekend.

There’s still more work to do around here tomorrow, but we’re almost ready to host our incoming family and handle the extra meals and our contributions for the Memorial Day picnic.  Violet told me that she’ll help Mom again for at least part of the day too when we had our little bedtime chat after she got home tonight; but then she’ll be hanging out with Dillon.  They both want to spend extra time with her parents, brothers, and sister while they’re here this weekend; so they’re already trying to juggle their schedules to accommodate everything that’s going on with both of their families.  I expect they’ll be doing that all summer – especially once they start working their summer jobs next week.

Okay, I’m beat, and that at least covers most of the highlights for today.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!