Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 31, 2014



Happy 3rd Birthday, Gwyneth.

I’m sure that it will be for her, but my wish for her today isn’t very likely to happen; and her idea of happy is very different than mine.  Let’s just leave that there, since, while I’m thinking about her today; I don’t really want to write much about my precocious little aunt tonight when I really don’t have anything nice to report about her.  Feel free to check out Mom’s ongoing archive about the Hathornes if you want to read about everything we learn from our regular searches of their systems – and through other sources.

Here at home, our day started out amazingly with Tai Chi by the river that was even more special for Michael and me with Rebecca and Lucas watching us from one of the benches – a first for Lucas.  We won’t mess up his reputation by telling anyone else, but Rebecca and I were as impressed with his teary-eyed emotion while watching us work through our forms as we were with the ease in which he accepted the happy hugs and kisses from Ehlana after we were finished our exercises.  Breakfast for twelve was a blast of work and fun too that included having everyone take turns getting ready for the day before and after we all sat down to eat.  Michael and I were on the cooking crew because Lucas, Tim, and Rowen all needed to be heading home early for work or chores; and I helped out with the clean-up too while Violet and Dillon took Lucas out to his farm; Rebecca took her turn in my bathroom; and Michael took care of the tent tear-down after everyone else had grabbed their things and headed out.

After grabbing a micro-shower too and getting dressed for a yard work morning; it was time to mow the lawn and do the rest of my usual chores.  That kept me busy until lunchtime, and then I had just enough time to have another shower and eat a mini sub and some cold salads before my friends started arriving for our afternoon exam study session.  Dad and I had dodged a little rain while working, and another little storm rolled through in the afternoon; but it still seemed like way too nice a day to be stuck inside with our computers, books, and study notes.

It was also a lot of fun!

That statement probably wouldn’t be agreed with by some of my classmates; but I really did enjoy helping my friends – and I’m sure that they’re going to appreciate that a lot next week when our exams don’t end up being nearly as tough for them as they expect.  We had some non-study fun too that included an optional swim; some play time in the back yard that Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden joined us for; and a barbeque dinner that Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne helped Mom and Dad with so that they weren’t quite so outnumbered by teens and kids.  The guys are getting better every year; but it is still scary to see just how much food a gang of them can eat at one meal!

While Rebecca wasn’t studying with us, she and Michael both have extra time off this weekend to get ready for exams – and so do most of the teens that work at the Inn.  We didn’t have everyone stay for the evening study time after dinner, but more than half of our friends did stay; and there was some bonus fun there because we spent some of that time getting ready for the playing test part of our music exam.  Everyone was ready to call it a night by nine; so it wasn’t long after that before Mom and Dad were down to just six teens and kids in the house – including Michael, Naomi, and Aiden.  Michael and I took care of the bedtime story and some girl and guy chat time when we tucked the four kids into bed for the night; and then we got to have an hour or so of alone time before he needed to get home for the night.

Violet and Dillon are at his house tonight – though they’re probably till out with Jake, Stephanie, Christina, and Josiah right now, and while that has me thinking about how nice it would be to have a sleepover here with Michael; I’m also ready to get a little extra sleep again tonight.  That’s why I skipped a soak in my Jacuzzi and most of my usual bedtime computing except for a bit of family business work that couldn’t be left until next week.  We’re doing another afternoon study session tomorrow, and then, while Michael and I are going to be helping out with the buffets; most of our friends are going to be there for Allen’s fourteenth birthday dinner party.  That won’t be play day fun either; but I’m sure that we’ll still manage to get June off to a great start – especially when Ethan, Ehlana, and I will all get to do that in the morning with our best friends.  I want to end the last bit of time we have left in May in dreamland, so I’d better get right to that before it actually is June.  Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!