Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cassie's Journal - May 6, 2014



Even junior Magi Masters need a break now and then; and it was way too gorgeous a day to waste the sunshine parts of it with after-school study sessions so we deferred that for later and had fun for a few hours after band practice instead.

That was the second-best part of my day, with the top spot going to the Michael and me play time that we got to have after tucking Ethan and Ehlana in for the night.  Comments like that make us sound more like an old married couple instead of teens; particularly since my parents might have been saying the same thing tonight once their oldest kid had gone to bed after seeing her boyfriend out and on his way home.  The comment is hypothetical; but the parental play time isn’t.  Let’s not go there.

Oh, and I’m not implying that my parents are an ‘old’ married couple either. ;^)

It’s been warmer every morning since we got back from Washington, so Tai Chi by the river has been more fun too when we don’t need to bundle up to do that.  The rest of the morning and school part of the day were pretty much completely back to normal; with the only change that I didn’t specifically mention yesterday being that our Grade Eight couples’ club currently has six fewer members.  The singles don’t outnumber us yet, but it is getting much closer to fifty-fifty than it has been in quite a while.

The combination of newly single teens and warm weather is beginning to bring out the teen weird, and while I don’t expect to have any new pairings to report imminently; some of my classmates are already ‘on the prowl’ for their next boyfriend or girlfriend.  Some of the guys are backsliding into extreme goofiness to supposedly impress the girls; while the available – and sometimes not-so-available – girls are dressing to impress and playing games too.  While our school trip probably sped up the recent break-ups in our class, there are other teen dramas playing out in other grades right now; though I’m not going to get into that tonight.  I’m sure there will be lots of those kind of updates between now and the end of the school year; since summer freedom, particularly when it comes to flirting with teen visitors and tourists; seems to be something that quite a few teens want to have every year.

Though we’d have rather been out playing immediately after school, Michael, Rowen, and I still liked getting back to band practice again after missing a week.  We’re continuing to work on music for the two upcoming holiday weekend parades, and the only thing that feels strange is the near-opposites in the tone of the songs between the somber Memorial Day music and the lively tunes for the Fourth of July parade.  While we were busy with the band, Tim went home to get his bike and then played football with some of the guys until we were set free.

Rowen and I surprised both of our boys with the deferred study offer; and we had dinner plans at my house too by the time we’d gathered there; dropped off our gear; and collected Ethan and Ehlana to go with us for our ride and play time at the park.  We did the usual construction sites tour first; rode the trails at the park; and then the boys played some football for a while.  Rowen and I took Ethan and Ehlana to the playground too once Ethan had his football moments; and we headed for home just in time to have a burgers, hot dogs, and cold salads dinner by the river.  Mom and Dad sat on one of the benches for that while the rest of us were on the dock; and that little break was up there on my fun list for the day too.

We had an all-teen clean-up crew after we finished dessert, and Mom and Dad took Ethan and Ehlana for a walk while we did that.  They eventually collected Uncle Adam, Aunt Leanne, and Zack; had some play time at the park; and eventually made it home again at about the same time that we were wrapping up our back porch study session.  That left us with enough time for some yard play that included just a little more football for the guys and some Frisbee action for the girls.  We did snack time on the back porch too; and then Rowen and Tim headed out while Michael and I were put to work doing bedtime bath and story time with Ethan and Ehlana; and Mom and Dad got to work in the office.

I skipped over the short Magi lesson that Mom did with Michael and me after we had the twins tucked in and our play time for two in the lounge; but that was a nice little blast of fun too.  You can read all about my training in the journal that Mom keeps for that, and it includes lessons we do with Michael, Rowen, or the twins; but I’ll try to get around to doing another update on that here later this week too.  My abilities – and Michael’s and Rowen’s – are changing a lot right now as we go through puberty; and I think that having a Magi Master in town to mentor the Magi teachers here is having an impact on the development of teens at a critical stage in the process.  That’s really cool for us; and I have a feeling it’s going to be even more amazing for the coming generations – starting with Ethan, Ehlana, and their Magi friends.

The last few hours have definitely not been play time here in my room, but I’m getting a lot of work done every night; and I’ll need to keep doing that if I want to hit my language study goals in time to take the summer off.  The family business work will continue; but I’ll try and do more of that during the days when Michael’s busy.  Speaking of busy; I’ve got another packed day ahead that’s going to start in just a few hours; so I should really wrap this up and get on with my nap time.  I can dream about endless summer fun while I’m doing that; and deal with the work again tomorrow night.

Until next time…

…Live long and prosper, fellow Magi of the Light!